Ok Noob First Grow

re: Ok Noob First Grow

All is good. Plants are 50 days into flower. They will get a bucket change saturday to straight ph'd water. That will go 3 days or Tuesday. Tuesday I will also give PH'd water but will also put in darkness for 72 hours.... That will be the longest 3 days of my life... not being able to see them for 3 Whole DAYS!!! Then I will top the Spoetniks, change back to nutes and continue for 2 more weeks. At that time depending on rediness or ripeness I will harvest the whole room.

Thanks to all for the well wishes for my wife. She will be released and i will be taking her home today about 1pm. She is doing SO much better...

3-9-12_heavy_buds2.JPG

3-9-12_heavy_buds.JPG

and the veg room doing well.
3-9-12_Veg_room.JPG

damn brotha!! I hope my pineapple chunks come out chunk like that hahaha good show!!

I started one grow in soil but kinda bombed that one. there re couping quite nicley to be honest, but in the mean time ive sprouted 3 new pineapples and 3 red cherry berrys to grow in DWC. figured i might as well continue with my roots and tinker with soil until i get it right. hahaha. anyways your plants look awesome! now im going to actually read through each page and see what i cant borrow from your grow.
thanks man!!
i'll def be back to see the harvest reports =)

Welcome PreProdigy. Just in time for the chop and numbers...

Today I changed all 12 buckets water and nutes in veg. 11 out of twelve plants look good. Some better then others...Front runners are MK Ultra, Spoetnik and GDP.

Tonight at lights on I re-arranged the plants moving all the Spoetnik to one side and the #2 and G13 Haze on the other. The G13 Haze is really coming into thier own. Buds are developing nicely and solid.

Started the Flush on the Spoetniks tonight. I will flush for 3 days,change the water and turn the lights out on that half the room( going to put up a panda plastic wall in between) for 3 days more. then Chop all the tops that are ready. Tonight I saw cloudy with just a few amber. i am sure there are more but only saw a few. By thursday or friday there will be more...

HELP!!!!

The MK Ultra plants I have in veg look deformed but happy. They have 1 finger leaf all over the plant. not to mention the red purple stems.... What is wrong? Other then that they look GREAT!
MK_Ultra_3-13-12.jpg

MK_Ultra_3-13-12pic_2.jpg

Purple stems with single finger leaves that are HUGE!!!!

ANY help would be great...

WOW i've never seen single leaves come off a plant yet. i've had plenty of purple stems and reddish ones. usually i got it because of shock from transplanting to DWC or the other time i got it from using organic calmag in my water and the plant shut down and got purple stems.

this is something i want to research so if i find something i'll let you know

i found a few ideas but everything i read says its not a big deal in the long run and it will progressively get better.

i honestly didnt find a solid answer on this but i did find some suggestions and you can decide if these sound like they could have happened to you

some people say they may do that with too little of lights, topping or cloning COULD do that (i topped and never saw this) or just could be genetics passed it down to your plant. dont sweat it after a while it should fix itself right up. :thumb:

i found a few ideas but everything i read says its not a big deal in the long run and it will progressively get better.

i honestly didnt find a solid answer on this but i did find some suggestions and you can decide if these sound like they could have happened to you

some people say they may do that with too little of lights, topping or cloning COULD do that (i topped and never saw this) or just could be genetics passed it down to your plant. dont sweat it after a while it should fix itself right up. :thumb:

Right On Chief!

I think I saw 1 finger leaf on Bassmans plant but thought that he did that to them himself, until todays discovery... tells you how observant I am, did you notice the size of that finger?
Anyway the plant looks very healthy otherwise. They were clones from a friend and his look fine, no color other then green.

As for the light, I really don't think thats the case unless my 1000w is too far away at about 18 inches...prolly not.

Chief I do appreciate your research and time. I looked for a sec and found guesses, so again thanks. I love this site! LOL

Some of my other plants had "vein" looking colors(mixing lines of green ond purple) and they are turning out fine. HAHA and the single finger leaves, hell that just means less work for me....Sorry for the ramble, I just medicated....:Namaste:

Oh shit I forgot.

Update:

No further issues. Changed all Spoetniks buckets with PH'd water and put up a Panda Plastic Wall and unpluged one light. The #2 got water and nutes as well as the G13 got that this morning. The Spoetniks will get darkness until Thursday or Friday, which ever I can stand waiting until. Officially it will be 56 days from 12/12 on Thursday.
I will do what I have to do. I also started smelling odors outside in my backyard. That may be a factor too.
I will need to get ahold of Corey as I can feel the jugs are getting low. I gotta say I have never used anything other than BPN. SO I don't know but what i hear and see in some other peoples plants around here, BUT I am sticking with BPN. Simply, It Just Works!

I have never grown before. I now am growing the same or better then whats in the local dispencaries. I just compared it with a producer today.....I am happy with my first grow.

what a cool date to harvest those plants. i'm happy to hear your grows going good and im glad this day fell on the day it did. post lots of pics bud!!

Ya when I started this I didn't realize what day the chop would be. I really think my Dad would be proud of what I have done. Thanks Buddy! Pics will follow for sure. I expect to chop around 7pm my time(Mountain time)

:Namaste:

I have covered the table, set out the fiskers, cleared the drying rack of the leaves, Got two new strains for the trimming- Tangerine Dream and Hashberry. My buddy is picking up some adult beverages. I think we are ready!!!

Trimming starts in 20 mins. I am so excited!!!

:party::passitleft::woohoo:

Cant wait to see those pics for sure. Are you gonna do a wet weight? I am excited for you. Have fun.

WOW And Away we GOOOOOOO!!!!!

SO we will start with this. The CHop weight of the top of one plant is 481 GRAMS!!!!
481_grams_fresh_cut_3-15-12_top_of_spoetnik_1.jpg

We only had time to do the top one this one plant. I will stay home from work tomorrow to keep trimming.
Next pic is of the plant after Top Chop
day_56_flower_after_top_chop.jpg

Here was a 58.4 gram bud
SDC13100.JPG

SDC13098.JPG
SDC13096.JPG

This was what we had after trimming. It came out of the box like a brick cause it is STICKY.
SDC13101.JPG

SDC13102.JPG

Trimmed weight was 378grams. 103 grams leaves and stems. But then again I like a tight trim...can I hear and AMEN!!!LOL

I expect that after drying, using the 75% water-weight loss idea, I will after final chop see approx. 5 oz per plant- at least for the Sputnik....The #2 is still growing and swelling so is the G13 Haze. That meets if not exceeds my early predictions of 4 oz per plant or less. I think I called 95-110gr each.

BUT overall, for my very first grow, I AM VERY FREAKIN HAPPY!!!

Thanks to all who have helped, too many to name. That is all except for Corey @ BPN....
I will say it was easier to be successful using BPN 2 Part and Liquid Blue Bloom Booster. Thank You Corey!!!I know several people that want to hook up with you after seeing me do what I did.

I will have more picks in the next few days. I hope I can enter one of my colas on the nug of the month contest, but first thing first...

Thanks Again Everyone!!! Oh ya Thanks 420 magazine!!!

Thanks Chief!!!

Hey I just gotta say one more time Thank You to everyone on this site!!! I had a friend that was supposed to be teaching me how to grow. He has seen my grow 3 times . I learned everything pretty much right here on :420:. I really mean that. This was really my first time and I did a lot of research on here.

I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

THANK YOU:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom