First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

Very nice and congrats on your harvest IslandDog.:thumb:

Thanks! I still have the Tahoe growing all by herself in the closet now. She's 84 days into 12/12 today and she's close...
DSCN47742.JPG

DSCN47781.JPG

Hey bro, congratss on the harvest (':, Was just wondering how long did it take you to be able to identify the sex of your kandy kush plant ?

Currently 4 days into the 12/12 light cycle after vegging for 5 weeks, and dying to find out if ive got a femaleee (':

Hey bro, congratss on the harvest (':, Was just wondering how long did it take you to be able to identify the sex of your kandy kush plant ?

Currently 4 days into the 12/12 light cycle after vegging for 5 weeks, and dying to find out if ive got a femaleee (':

Thank you! :Namaste:

I vegged mine for 5 weeks too and then it was 8 days into 12/12 before I could see pre-flowering. I had feminized seeds but I don't think that affects the pre-flowering time or anything like that.

Hi everyone! It's been another crazy week at work. And then we have all the other stuff going on around here with that landslide it's just really been hard to focus on anything. We're not directly affected by it but just watching the news constantly for any updates. From my house I look out and see the mouth of the river where the landslide happened and can see all the helicopters and such flying in and out of the airport on their rescue missions. It's just such a heart-breaking tragedy to have happening nearby.

But enough about all that stuff, time to get onto a fun topic... It was time to harvest the Tahoe OG too. I have that hanging to dry now and will be getting some pics a little later. :)

Everything else is in the curing process now and I'm very happy with the results and weights of the plants.
Deadhead OG #1 which I kinda' sacrificed early to make room for the others had 34.12 grams on her.
Deadhead OG #2 ended up producing 185.08 grams.
Kandy Kush ended up producing 79.58 grams.

Overall I wasn't really happy with how the Kandy Kush turned out. She ended up foxtailing and when we trimmed off the leaf were surprised how little bud was actually under all the leaves. She looks like she'll have a heck of a kick as she's all frosty but the buds are a lot lighter than I thought they would be.

I can't wait for the Tahoe OG to dry so I can get a final tally... :)

Great weight on the deadhead OG #2!! +reps. ;)

Thanks! I really can't wait for the Tahoe to dry. I have a feeling she's going to have at least as least as much as the Deadhead. I've been quickly trying to read up on how to turn her back into a mother plant. I hope my memory serves me and I got it started right. I wasn't planning on trying to clone her but when I started seeing what she was producing I had a change of plans.

I figure if I did it right, cool! If not I'll go back to my original plan of starting another batch from seed. LOL

Nice bro. Grats on the harvest. Sorry to hear about the Kandy Kush. My friend is just about to flower three of them.

Thanks! The shame is they looked so nice. And it still is probably is great, just light, airy and takes up a lot more space. It does smell so sweet and covered in trichomes so I can't wait to try it.

Gorgeous buds IslandDog! :bravo:

Thanks Pinky! I'm really happy with the way the Deadhead turned out. I already have a bunch on the stove brewing up in some oil and butter to make some edibles. This is what I have curing... :)
DSCN4823_2_.jpg

There's a lot of very nice, really dense buds like this!
DSCN4824_2_.jpg

I've never re-vegged a plant before but from what I remember seeing in other journals, you just flip the lights back to 18/6 and start on veg nutes again. It will probably take a couple of weeks but the plants should just start putting out new growth again.
Good luck with your attempt..;)

Island Dog what a great journal! After reading your journal I have decided to use Dogget & Simpson for my next grow. Your plants turned out great! Have some reps as well GOOD JOB!:peace::goodjob::thumb::bravo::high-five::circle-of-love:
Thank you so much! It really has been a fun grow. I just wish this work project wouldn't have gotten so crazy at the end of the grow. At least all the systems are installed, so I just have to go around and install software updates in all the systems we just installed. LOL

I will surely be using Growology for my next grow too. I'm still debating about what I'm going to be doing about some other parts of the grow but I'll definitely be using the same fertilizer.

Great! And another thanks to IslandDog for sharing this fantastic grow with all of us!:bravo:
:adore: THANK YOU!!! This has been a fantastic grow with the help of your fertilizer! :adore:

It seems so quiet now... No fans... No dehumidifier... No lights... Everything is in jars curing. I can't wait to start my next grow. :)
The final totals are:
Deadhead OG plant #1 which was sacrificed early because I ran out of space came in at 34.12.
Deadhead OG Plant #2 - 185.08 grams
Tahoe OG - 157.56 grams
Kandy Kush - 79.58 grams

Here's a couple pics of the Kandy Kush.
DSCN4970_2_.jpg

DSCN4974_2_.jpg

And a couple pics of the Tahoe! These buds are so sweet smelling and sticky! I just had to keep a little off to the side while the rest is curing. ;)
DSCN4978_2_.jpg

DSCN4982_2_.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm planning on going with the Pro-Mix for my next grow. The only problems I ran into with the nutes is because I was using a mix so rich to begin with. I want to use something unfortified on my next grow, Growology has everything the plants need. I found a local gardening shop that carries Pro-Mix so I have to stop in and check it out. :)

Back
Top Bottom