First indoor setup: Questions

ThcHemplar

420 Member
I have grown a few times in the past but never went out of my way to create an indoor setup. So any help would be nice. Currently I am trying to go as cheap as possible while still getting quality products. I think I have finally decided on a Mars Hydro tent, it was between the 39"x39" or maybe a 4'x4' just for a little extra space, but the main problem is with the LEDs since idk what brands to trust or how much light I actually "need", but currently I'm trying to decide between the Bestva 1200w ("compares to a 800w hps, consuming 240w, covering a 5'x5' area") or the Viparspectra 600w ("compares to a 600w hps, but consumes 260w, and only covers a 2.5'x2.5' area") so I'm not sure which would be best overall or if there's another brand I should look into.
But again any help, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Firstly, decide, How many you plan to grow.

Go off of actual wattage draw. A unit claiming to replace an 800 watt with 200w actual draw isnt really true. I would consider it to replace a 300w to be on the safe side.

Mars hydro you get a decent bang for your buck. My grow journal is in my signature, I am running two and its going great!:)

Firstly, decide, How many you plan to grow.

Go off of actual wattage draw. A unit claiming to replace an 800 watt with 200w actual draw isnt really true. I would consider it to replace a 300w to be on the safe side.

Mars hydro you get a decent bang for your buck. My grow journal is in my signature, I am running two and its going great!:)
I mean I can really only have 2 mature plants at a time but yeah i figured that 1200 wasnt true watts I just dont know what numbers i should be looking at. but it sounds like I want something with a 300w draw? with the amount of research iv been doing i feel i should know the answer. but it seems the more i learn the less i know.

I mean I can really only have 2 mature plants at a time but yeah i figured that 1200 wasnt true watts I just dont know what numbers i should be looking at. but it sounds like I want something with a 300w draw? with the amount of research iv been doing i feel i should know the answer. but it seems the more i learn the less i know.

Its insane with specs. If you were doing a 2x4, I would use a mars hydro 144 (personal experience with it is why I recommend) (Pending it physicaly fits).

But aim for at least a 300w (actual draw from the plug). I hear viparspectra is good as well, no experience with them however.

I have grown a few times in the past but never went out of my way to create an indoor setup. So any help would be nice. Currently I am trying to go as cheap as possible while still getting quality products. I think I have finally decided on a Mars Hydro tent, it was between the 39"x39" or maybe a 4'x4' just for a little extra space, but the main problem is with the LEDs since idk what brands to trust or how much light I actually "need", but currently I'm trying to decide between the Bestva 1200w ("compares to a 800w hps, consuming 240w, covering a 5'x5' area") or the Viparspectra 600w ("compares to a 600w hps, but consumes 260w, and only covers a 2.5'x2.5' area") so I'm not sure which would be best overall or if there's another brand I should look into.
But again any help, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
contact @SmokeSara over at marshydro. , they sponsor 420 and have a great rapport with the growers here. She will ne able to direct your needs and no doubt give a discount as for all members here. Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Cheap and quality aren't mutually exclusive. Id focus on quality. That'll last. Cheap is in abundance, for a reason. Don't be a follower. Invest in good equipment that'll last. Just my two pennies

Cheap and quality aren't mutually exclusive. Id focus on quality. That'll last. Cheap is in abundance, for a reason. Don't be a follower. Invest in good equipment that'll last. Just my two pennies
a very good point

yeah it's a tough one for me. I get what you're saying and Ideally I would get something like the mars hydro 3x3 tent/kit with the Mars II 900 (360w) LED included, but, with everything else that I need, that would run me closer to $150 over budget. I may be able to make it work if I get lucky but I was hoping more to find a somewhat decent light, solid tent and a carbon filter for about $350+/- which good luck i know but I just wanted to get some opinions before i dig myself too deep a hole.
but I wasnt sure if anyone has used the brand Bestva their 1500 model is a 280w and seems fairly priced.

yeah it's a tough one for me. I get what you're saying and Ideally I would get something like the mars hydro 3x3 tent/kit with the Mars II 900 (360w) LED included, but, with everything else that I need, that would run me closer to $150 over budget. I may be able to make it work if I get lucky but I was hoping more to find a somewhat decent light, solid tent and a carbon filter for about $350+/- which good luck i know but I just wanted to get some opinions before i dig myself too deep a hole.
but I wasnt sure if anyone has used the brand Bestva their 1500 model is a 280w and seems fairly priced.

That may be hard yes. Especially with the cost of shipping.

If you can handle the heat, get a hps lighting system. They are cheaper up front, with high success rates with proven tech. May gove you some wiggle room for a fan and filter :) (Fan is needed for sure)

marshydro are the nads but on a budget it is huge cost. , coco and fabric pots , plagron nutes amd 2x 600w hps would leave u with some cash left to buy tent i think. i would love to go mars but cost always an issue sadly so i get stonking results from previous coco grows with hps. check out my sig for completed journal with exactly those used. 30oz 8 plants top quality dried bud. hps can be the golden standard when used right

See what I mean. The more I learn the less I know. I have no idea what most of those words mean. Probably because I can't afford anything in that range. But as far as HPS go I just never fully understood those, between the getting the right ballast and proper ventilation its just always been a bit off putting to me. Although, these days im sure it'd be pretty easy to look up. I just always felt "safer" with the thought of LEDs. But I'll start looking into HPS. If anyone has any specific recommendations let me know. With my current plans I'm trying to stay under $160 total on the light set up. or close to it.
Either way thank you for all the help so far.

Back
Top Bottom