Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Thread starter #40,182

SmokeSara

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017
Thread starter #40,184

SmokeSara

These girls are green and healthy, thanks for your update Norcaliwood :thanks:

Thread starter #40,185

SmokeSara

Thread starter #40,187

SmokeSara

I will ask the grower what strain it is

Thread starter #40,188

SmokeSara

Our company wants a maintenance worker in UK to help our customers to repair lights.
If any of you have interested in this job, pls feel free to contact with me :thanks:

Thread starter #40,189

SmokeSara

Thanks for sharing from Bob, these girls grow happy under 2pcs of Reflector 96.
Do you have more growing pictures to share with us? :thanks:

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Kingjoe83

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2017
Thread starter #40,192

SmokeSara

Thank you Sara and Mars Hydro for the contest and the new Pro II 400 led light. I'll journal the new light on my next grow. :Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your new light pictures with us :thanks:
Wait for your new journal :cheer:

Thread starter #40,193

SmokeSara

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017
Well, just a fast drive-by; This is what we got at the start of week two. They go 8+ weeks to finish, The strain is Puppies and are fed with Remo nutrients at 75% once a week, grown in Black Gold Soil amended with some organic goodies like blood/bone meal, EWC, batshit, and soft rock phosphates.

I can see differences in the plants' growth structure. Both these plants were the same height and build when I started the flip.
We have a Mars 1600 on one side, and a 1000 HPS on the other.

LED Plant

HPS Plant

The transition should be over. BTW I did use a Cal/Mag+ Silicon, every other watering for the first two weeks when they stretch. Cal builds strong bones. And the Si gives it a tuff skin.

Hope all's gardens are doing great out there. Keepem Green

Mr. Krip

Member of the Month: Sept 2011 - Plant of the Month : Jan 2012
Well, just a fast drive-by; This is what we got at the start of week two. They go 8+ weeks to finish, The strain is Puppies and are fed with Remo nutrients at 75% once a week, grown in Black Gold Soil amended with some organic goodies like blood/bone meal, EWC, batshit, and soft rock phosphates.

I can see differences in the plants' growth structure. Both these plants were the same height and build when I started the flip.

LED Plant

HPS Plant

The transition should be over. BTW I did use a Cal/Mag+ Silicon, every other watering for the first two weeks when they stretch. Cal builds strong bones. And the Si gives it a tuff skin.

Very nice, NCW! :goodjob:

I suspect you'll see a slightly higher yield with the HPS since the Mars 1600 only draws about 630w; however, I also suspect you'll see healthier, more crystallized buds under the LED with the mixed spectrum. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :popcorn:

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017
Will be interesting to compare at the end, I usually give leds the edge when it comes to bud quality. That's just based on my limited experience with both.

Thread starter #40,198

SmokeSara

LED Plant

HPS Plant

Your girls look nice now, leds help you save much electricity. :thanks: :welldone:

Thread starter #40,199

SmokeSara

Congrates Penny, !! forgot all about this contest, lol.. Thanks for the chance SmokeSara
Thanks for your care and attention to our Giveaway competition :thanks:

Thread starter #40,200

SmokeSara

Will be interesting to compare at the end, I usually give leds the edge when it comes to bud quality. That's just based on my limited experience with both.
I am also interested in the final growing under HPS and leds, but this marsII1600 is only about 640W, I think its yield can not be as much as 1000W HPS.