420 Magazine Background

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor
These girls are green and healthy, thanks for your update Norcaliwood :thanks:

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor

John Wick

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor
I will ask the grower what strain it is

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor
Our company wants a maintenance worker in UK to help our customers to repair lights.
If any of you have interested in this job, pls feel free to contact with me :thanks:

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Kingjoe83

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2017

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor
Thank you Sara and Mars Hydro for the contest and the new Pro II 400 led light. I'll journal the new light on my next grow. :Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your new light pictures with us :thanks:
Wait for your new journal :cheer:

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017
Well, just a fast drive-by; This is what we got at the start of week two. They go 8+ weeks to finish, The strain is Puppies and are fed with Remo nutrients at 75% once a week, grown in Black Gold Soil amended with some organic goodies like blood/bone meal, EWC, batshit, and soft rock phosphates.

I can see differences in the plants' growth structure. Both these plants were the same height and build when I started the flip.
We have a Mars 1600 on one side, and a 1000 HPS on the other.

LED Plant

HPS Plant

The transition should be over. BTW I did use a Cal/Mag+ Silicon, every other watering for the first two weeks when they stretch. Cal builds strong bones. And the Si gives it a tuff skin.

Hope all's gardens are doing great out there. Keepem Green

Mr. Krip

Grow Journalist
420 Staff
Well, just a fast drive-by; This is what we got at the start of week two. They go 8+ weeks to finish, The strain is Puppies and are fed with Remo nutrients at 75% once a week, grown in Black Gold Soil amended with some organic goodies like blood/bone meal, EWC, batshit, and soft rock phosphates.

I can see differences in the plants' growth structure. Both these plants were the same height and build when I started the flip.

LED Plant

HPS Plant

The transition should be over. BTW I did use a Cal/Mag+ Silicon, every other watering for the first two weeks when they stretch. Cal builds strong bones. And the Si gives it a tuff skin.

Very nice, NCW! :goodjob:

I suspect you'll see a slightly higher yield with the HPS since the Mars 1600 only draws about 630w; however, I also suspect you'll see healthier, more crystallized buds under the LED with the mixed spectrum. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :popcorn:

Pennywise

Will be interesting to compare at the end, I usually give leds the edge when it comes to bud quality. That's just based on my limited experience with both.

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor

LED Plant

HPS Plant

Your girls look nice now, leds help you save much electricity. :thanks: :welldone:

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor
Congrates Penny, !! forgot all about this contest, lol.. Thanks for the chance SmokeSara
Thanks for your care and attention to our Giveaway competition :thanks:

SmokeSara

420 Sponsor
Will be interesting to compare at the end, I usually give leds the edge when it comes to bud quality. That's just based on my limited experience with both.
I am also interested in the final growing under HPS and leds, but this marsII1600 is only about 640W, I think its yield can not be as much as 1000W HPS.

Top Bottom