First Outdoor Grow California

No idea what is slowing them down, but even in the heat they should be able to add an inch per day.
i'm thinking they haven't really hooked up with the soil. It looks like you started in the current pots (you didn't up-pot them) right? I ask because I wonder if you know how well the roots have developed. Are they out the bottom of the pots?

They look like they are doing fine for only being a month old. You got time before they start to bloom. :thumb:

No idea what is slowing them down, but even in the heat they should be able to add an inch per day.
i'm thinking they haven't really hooked up with the soil. It looks like you started in the current pots (you didn't up-pot them) right? I ask because I wonder if you know how well the roots have developed. Are they out the bottom of the pots?

They look like they are doing fine for only being a month old. You got time before they start to bloom. :thumb:

I didnt up pot them. The pineapple express seems to be established and has slowed from 1"/day to about 1/2-3/4" a day and the blue dream from my last measurements hasnt grown. Im tracking their heights and diameters every 5 days.

Picked up some canvas bags for the 2 new clones and to transplant the platinum gsc hiding under the pe. Also some great white mycorrhizae.

I was unable tl find the gorilla hair locally home depot was out of stock and the hydro stores didnt have it. Any alternatives?

Are your plants somewhere around your house ? The reason I ask is because I placed some plants on the north west side of my house and they were shaded much of the day and weren't doing very well, only got an hour or so of direct sunlight, they got pulled !
I moved my grow to the SOuTH west corner of my house last year and the growth improved 100 percent. Just a thought. Don't let up man these plants can overcome a shitton!

The plants get sun from sunrise all the way to sunset and from 1-6 (hottest part of the day) theyre under shade from the shade cloth structure.

So I think my PE is a hermaphrodite.
20150701_173945.jpg

20150701_173926.jpg

20150701_173918.jpg

If you're quick enough and pinch them off before they get a chance to develop pollen you'll be fine. Eventually once you get the plant stable it should just grow female, this is only hearsay mind. It's what I've read because I thought mine went hermy. Personally I'd let nature take it's course and let it grow, but if it might just be a problem child cut it and run another. It depends on what you want, personally I'd not kill a plant because it self seeded, it'd be a bit weaker but it's still a grow and it's all a learning curve. If you take them all off first there's a chance it won't even get seeds ;)

Too bad I dont have another plant I could cross it with. I have been wanting to cross a plant.

I guess I could isolate it and grow it for the seeds.

That's really weird. Definitely looks like a male, not a hermie, but it was a clone. WTF?
Sorry, man.

As for the size thing, the outdoor growers I know about usually start their plants somewhere around May 1st under lights and/or greenhouse. Pretty much like starting tomatoes. That way, by summer solstice, you have a well-developed plant and root structure.

Also, the up-potting helps. It actually helps root development - not hurt it. In a small pot, the roots hit bottom then they spread out. Once they reach the sides, they circle the pot. Time to up-pot. Rinse and repeat. I can usually go from a beer cup > 1 gallon > 7-10 gallons > 25 gallon, with each jump taking about two weeks.

Hope that helps for future grows. :high-five:

The blue dream started outdoor on may 10 and PE May 20.

I got the clones from a dispensary so I think either the person who sold it to them knew it was a male and wanted to make some money and cloned it just right so it didnt show any male signs on the clones. Or they cloned the plant before it showed male/female signs.

I am going to start an indoor grow with LEDs so I will have to try the up pot then.

The LED system will be DIY, ive had plenty of experience with choosing much higher quality LEDs than whats in the commercial grow fixtures from my Reef tank hobby.

The hay is working pretty well the soil is staying moist on the top.

My pineaplle express had about 12 cola sites from fiming it. Sucks it had to be male.

My blue dream has been getting these leaves at the base that are like a pale green. It doesnt look like nitrate deficiency though. I have been plucking them off which I think is the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom