First Outdoor Grow California

The hay is working pretty well the soil is staying moist on the top.

Watch for insects. We have earwigs in our garden. They feed at night and during the heat of the day they hide in moist, cooler spots. They love to crawl under leaves, or anything that provides a damp hiding spot. A small number can actually be beneficial since they are natural composters and help keep slugs and snails away. But when their population gets large, they also do damage to plants (they are omnivores). I just cleaned up all around the base of my plants.

Watch for insects. We have earwigs in our garden. They feed at night and during the heat of the day they hide in moist, cooler spots. They love to crawl under leaves, or anything that provides a damp hiding spot. A small number can actually be beneficial since they are natural composters and help keep slugs and snails away. But when their population gets large, they also do damage to plants (they are omnivores). I just cleaned up all around the base of my plants.

Thanks Ill keep an eye out for them. So far the only insects ive seen are a couple ants around the pots and a couple tiny black spiders on the leaves.

What would be the reason for the pale green leaves? They are showing up only at the base of the plant

Thanks Ill keep an eye out for them. So far the only insects ive seen are a couple ants around the pots and a couple tiny black spiders on the leaves.

What would be the reason for the pale green leaves? They are showing up only at the base of the plant

Really hard to say. Do you have current pictures showing it?
Some old fan leaves are bound to yellow and fall. Of course 'N' deficiency shows up as lighter green and yellowing of oldest leaves first while the plant tries to keep new growth supplied with 'N'. But plenty of other things can also cause it. Also take into consideration of leaf shape and overall plant "attitude". Does it look a little sleepy or limp. or does it look electric with leaves reaching up praying to the sky?

No pictures of them Ill take one next time I see it. The plant has been staying perky and unlike my other ones hasnt looked limp even in the evenings when the suns almost gone.

I'm not sure whether everyone would agree but a crude yet quick and simple solution for a Nitrogen deficiency is to pay them a visit when you need to pee ;) Sorry for the crudeness but it's organic :thumb:

Blue Dream just started flowering!
20150718_134410.jpg

3 clones Harlequin Bud, Chernobyl and Candyland with blue dream and platinum GSC in the back
20150718_134425.jpg

Platinum GSC a few days behind BD on the flowering but the pistils are just starting.
20150718_134500.jpg

I picked up 2 vero 18 97 CRI 2.7K and 2 Vero 19 80 CRI 4K leds for my indoor grow. I will be using those 4 to light 6 plants in a 4x3 grow tent.

I will be building the led this weekend and bringing the clones inside, I am still deciding on whether or not I want the PGSC to go indoors or just let it flower the way it is because its pretty small. It grew oddly because it was shaded by another plant since it was a clone.

The training on the blue dream is fun to look at. I did a combo of FIM, topping and no training on the different branches. The difference in each training technique is pretty apparent, the picture shows 2 fimmed branches nicely.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Platinum GSC started showing signs of flowering at the end of July but it hasnt developed any more flower structure its odd.
20150818_133415.jpg

Blue dream getting some crystals on the leaves and nice big colas. Its about 22 days into flowering.
20150818_133403.jpg

20150818_133355.jpg

Ive moved the rest of my clones indoors which is being lit by 2 vero 18 2.7K 97 CRI and 2 vero 18 4k 80CRI leds. I will be moving them into a grow tent made out of a metal garage shelf and reclective insulation in the next couple weeks.
20150817_114338.jpg

Chernobyl on the back left, harlequin on the back right, candyland front left, and cherry pie in the solo cup. The clear cups are a make shift cloning from my outdoor platinum gsc.

Heres the indoor ones on July 24. They took a while to adjust to a nicer climate and 18 hours of light but they really took off in the past couple weeks.
IMG-20150724-WA0028.jpeg

Not thw tallest as far as outdoor blue dreams go but im happy with it for my first grow.
20150818_135105.jpg

Any help with why my platinum gsc isnt flowering would be appreciated. Its been 22 days since blue dream started and pgsc showed some pistils at that time but they have not grown.

Back
Top Bottom