First Run Auto's, one has a bit of a blotchy chlorophyl problem?

buzz62

So I have some new autos going, just over 2 weeks now and one of the White Widows has very blotchy leaves and has since it emerged. I am going to let it grow till I see the sex, but I am curious if anybody else has seen growth like this. My other 5 autos are all doing great, and I am growing for seed this first time, so I obviously won't be breeding this one! The 2nd pix is a Super Stinky the same age and all are getting a small amount of nutes and in the same environment.

Hiya @buzz62 I have my first auto going and I'm no pro but that looks like magnesium def to me, knowing what my plants do under the lights I have a strain I'm cloning that I have to give a extra jolt of cal mag to to keep her leaves from going all crunchy every time! She's worth it though. CHeers mate, they look great! :yahoo:

Yellowing leaves could be Nitrogen deficiency but that is not the normal pattern the way yours is blotchy. To be honest I am not sure and doesn't match any from the chart I use.
marijuana-deficiency-chart-2.jpg

Thanks @Pbass, @Homer Simpson, Yeah, not sure its a deficiency as the other 5 plants are all the same nutes and soil and they are healthy, so it could be a genetic problem. I have some cal mag so will give a little shot as it can't hurt but I think she/he is headed for the cull! I will wait till they flower but I don't have "high" hopes on this one!

It looks like variegation to me. It doesn’t really affect anything, it’s just a bit of strange pigmentation. Normally plants grow out of it pretty quick.
Yeah, I have seen it in one or two leaves, but never over the whole plant. I had some blueberries that would do that when mature on a few leaves. I will see how it does.

I had a DDa that had only leaves like that. She was also really weird and stretchy with wrinkly leaves with odd numbers of fingers like 3 and 4. I culled her at 30 days

I had a DDa that had only leaves like that. She was also really weird and stretchy with wrinkly leaves with odd numbers of fingers like 3 and 4. I culled her at 30 days
Yeah, its a gene crapshoot sometime, and I wonder if autos are more prone than regulars? Mine looks spindly against the others so I will cull most likely. I had a plant from Tweed once that looked like it always needed water, and the leaves were crispy. It to died young! Humber Vally Kush if I remember right.

It wasn't though, just really bad genes. Always looked wilted, odd texture to the leaves.
Are you saying that because the other girls you grew along side her were happy with the water schedule?

if that’s the case, it could still have been severely overwatered. My star pupil likes almost half the water of other strains. I can tell that plant is over watered by the way the leaves are curling down at the top of the plant. It was probably combination of too much light and too much water (because of the way she yellowed all over).

@ChefDGreen It wasn't overwatered, after 35 years of growing I think I have a handle on that, and I don't believe that you can give a 3 week old pot plant to much light unless you happen to be brighter than the sun. It was on the same amount of light that it sprouted under, and yes, all the rest were fine. So if your saying that this plant needed to grow in the dark with no water, I don't think they work like that! I'm stickin with poor genes. The rest of that variety did very well under my normal growing conditions.

Look at the green on the top of the soil,there is a pic with 1 next to it with little green.
Sometimes plants might come from the same plant but like a little different conditions..
Ive had plants eat nutes from the same gene pool but one is a little bit stressed with the very same feeding.
pull back on the water with it a bit see if it responds.
Never cull a plant that looks like bad genes trust me sometimes it could be the best smoke of the lot.

Look at the green on the top of the soil,there is a pic with 1 next to it with little green.
Sometimes plants might come from the same plant but like a little different conditions..
Ive had plants eat nutes from the same gene pool but one is a little bit stressed with the very same feeding.
pull back on the water with it a bit see if it responds.
Never cull a plant that looks like bad genes trust me sometimes it could be the best smoke of the lot.
That may be, but I don't have time to deal with special needs plants! That plant is now culled. It was spindly, had the blotchy issue, and was just a weak example of a pot plant imo. I have had a few people that seem to want to baby the plants that need special attention, and I guess if they have the time, go for it! But for me, a high maintenance picky plant is the same as a high maintenance picky girlfriend: It's just not worth the trouble! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom