First Time For Personal Use

But can you suggest till when I will be able to get the gender?

You may be able to see preflowers indicating sex in as little as three weeks, but it's normal for it to take a bit longer. Especially considering this is a mystery strain! I'd say give them the attention you would a lady and hope for the best. Think positive thoughts lol

Hey PoS5, jumping over here as requested. My original intent was to start indoors and then move outdoors when weather warmed up. But since I'm growing auto flowering dwarfs, there really isn't any reason to move outside. So mine will probably remain inside under the CFLs.
For potting, I originally transplanted germinated seeds into solo cups that had 2:1 ratio of soul to perlite. Final pots are 2.5gal w about 1/2 inch if medium size gravel on bottom for drainage, same soul mix.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

You can find out the sex at about 5 weeks from seed if you put it under 12/12 when its 2 to 3 weeks old, depending on its health. Then if it goes well you can always stick them back under 18/6 lighting and she will start vegetating again.
I hope this works.

You can find out the sex at about 5 weeks from seed if you put it under 12/12 when its 2 to 3 weeks old, depending on its health. Then if it goes well you can always stick them back under 18/6 lighting and she will start vegetating again.
I hope this works.

For 12-12 I might use my cabinet. But then, again that would change the dynamics as in related to phototropism. Thinking of CFLs as of now.
Peace

Hi! Thanks for that. Certainly helped, could you tell me the wattage of CFL's you are using?

Sure. And of course in my previous post soul should read soil.
* SYLVANIA 4-Pack 100 W Equivalent Natural Daylight A19 CFL Light Fixture Light Bulbs Item # 778109 Model # 26346

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So, looks like the young fella's weight is too much for the stem to carry, saw it this morning bent and touching the ground, so I lifted it carefully and covered some part of stem, where it had started to bend and touch the ground with some soil and used simple toothpicks for support. Please suggest what's wrong and how can I take care of it.
Also the plant looks healthy, 7 pair leaves and on... the rest look fine too.
Kindly pour in with your fine help! Peace.
420-magazine-mobile528914077.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1112432142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile584428087.jpg
420-magazine-mobile157429954.jpg

Hi everyone! The plants are receiving good light. But the temperature is soaring to 36 degree Celsius today. The weight is still an issue for the lanky stem, I don't know what possible method could be there to keep it straight and not bend totally.Just need your help regarding this. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Also, the plant which was planted individually is showing good growth but not much height, could it be possible if they are both different strains, also there is a slight difference in the formation of the leaves. Please help in with your kind suggestions.
Peace
420-magazine-mobile2108780916.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1660721567.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1804231007.jpg

Fill your pot up with more dirt to cover more of the stem to support it better instead of the sticks if soil is damp it will hold good id say put enough so ur just under the first set of leaves and id also say the strain is definatly a sativa dominate by the leaf stucture ..hope this helps cheers mate

Flushing buds since 2002

Hi everyone! The plants are receiving good light. But the temperature is soaring to 36 degree Celsius today. The weight is still an issue for the lanky stem, I don't know what possible method could be there to keep it straight and not bend totally.Just need your help regarding this. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Also, the plant which was planted individually is showing good growth but not much height, could it be possible if they are both different strains, also there is a slight difference in the formation of the leaves. Please help in with your kind suggestions.
Peace
420-magazine-mobile2108780916.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1660721567.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1804231007.jpg

PoS5, you need to get a gentle breeze flowing over your plants asap. This is what happens when there is no breeze to firm up the stem. In nature cannabis will be caressed by wind from the moment it breaks ground. The back and forth rocking triggers a reaction within your plant that firms the sides of the stem to withstand the force. Don't overdo it of course, the leaves should just be dancing.

Here's a picture from my very first noob grow when I let threw them in cups and let them sit in still air. Don't do this lol
2016-6-3-nostrength.JPG

Same plants 11 days later after my shit arrived and I finally stopped treating them like cave people.

2016-6-17-new_strength.JPG

Edit: Just to stress this from a very very shitty first grow. In fact I think all the plants here ended up dying. Not trying to suggest anything optimal about these pics, just difference in wind on stem strength. :)

Transplant them into larger pots and bury the stems 1/2 way to the leaves. Add aeration to the soil - pear-lite works or rice hulls.

Growth spurt # 1 - you are living it right now. Only thing to do is up-pot and plant the seedling deeper and do not over water.

Are you intending to grow in soil?? If so organically? I.E. no nutrients from a bottle. IF organic ... HI :Namaste: Welcome to my world.

What country are you living in... helps with balcony growth advice. If uncomfortable, all good.

Transplant them into larger pots and bury the stems 1/2 way to the leaves. Add aeration to the soil - pear-lite works or rice hulls.

Growth spurt # 1 - you are living it right now. Only thing to do is up-pot and plant the seedling deeper and do not over water.

Are you intending to grow in soil?? If so organically? I.E. no nutrients from a bottle. IF organic ... HI :Namaste: Welcome to my world.

What country are you living in... helps with balcony growth advice. If uncomfortable, all good.

Hi fellow nature lover, great to have your advice. Perlite is on its way and yes I will be growing from the natural compost soil, no nutrients as of now. Namaste my friend to you too. I will fill the soil up 1/2 and keep that in mind, also the breeze factor seems applicable.

As far as the location is concerned, yes, I am living in a country where it is illegal but legal on some holidays and festivals ;), hope you get the idea. Will be updating on the young fella's journey!
Happy Growing. Peace

PoS5, you need to get a gentle breeze flowing over your plants asap. This is what happens when there is no breeze to firm up the stem. In nature cannabis will be caressed by wind from the moment it breaks ground. The back and forth rocking triggers a reaction within your plant that firms the sides of the stem to withstand the force. Don't overdo it of course, the leaves should just be dancing.

Here's a picture from my very first noob grow when I let threw them in cups and let them sit in still air. Don't do this lol
2016-6-3-nostrength.JPG

Same plants 11 days later after my shit arrived and I finally stopped treating them like cave people.

2016-6-17-new_strength.JPG

Edit: Just to stress this from a very very shitty first grow. In fact I think all the plants here ended up dying. Not trying to suggest anything optimal about these pics, just difference in wind on stem strength. :)

Hi Spiffziggy, great to relate to your growing experience. I think you are right, but since they are sitting outdoors and we are at a good height, it does receive a good amount of breeze. I will fill it up 1/2 with soil and wait, if not then would install a little fan then!
Peace.

Hi Spiffziggy, great to relate to your growing experience. I think you are right, but since they are sitting outdoors and we are at a good height, it does receive a good amount of breeze. I will fill it up 1/2 with soil and wait, if not then would install a little fan then!
Peace.

Maybe if the tops are below the plant rim the breeze is just missing them? i.e. wind up top, stagnant below? Not sure about your grow area so just guessing here :) maybe if I roll one I'll get some more ideas lol ;)

Hi everyone! The help from you guys has been par excellence and I appreciate it. So filled some amount of slightly wet soil and firmed the area around stem.
Looking good! Still the strain remains a mystery!
The fella' looking good
420-magazine-mobile1044666368.jpg
420-magazine-mobile934935688.jpg

Back
Top Bottom