First Time Grow, 2'x'2 Tent,135W LED, Please Help Me Along The Way

Siiiiiiiigh, she was starting to look so good! I've chucked it outside and have switched it for the other fabric pot that I put outside. I think this one is female, the smaller pot is starting to look like a male as well.

I'll probably test my tent for light leaks this weekend and then pop one of my feminized seeds!
If you're planning on keeping it around for pollen, make sure you are careful not to transfer pollen to your tent. It can happen really easily.

Been a while, so here's an update!

Both plants outside are definitely males and not hermies. I thought that I could see buds appearing but it turns out they were just a bunch of new flowers growing! Big Sparks you were 100% correct. I'm planning on letting them die off and am not feeding them anymore.

The girl I bought indoors has been streeeeeetching like crazy. I've had to do some super cropping because she was touching the light. She recovered really well and the other taller growths started getting close to the light, so I've done a bit more cropping. I know this is meant to be bad for the plant but from the way I've seen her react I don't see it doing any harm. I'd rather she take longer to grow than get burnt by the light which you can see has happened in the photos.

My next question is should I start pruning the bottom of the plant and if yes how much should I take off? I've been really busy lately but will spend some time this weekend doing some research. Would appreciate some tips from your experiences though!

You may also notice the temperature in my photos...31c. I know this is really not ideal but it's been hot the last couple of days and unfortunately there's not much I can do about it. I've just got to hope that it doesn't harm her too much!

Attachments

• IMG_1975.JPG
    IMG_1975.JPG
    937.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7438.JPG
    IMG_7438.JPG
    870.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9442.JPG
    IMG_9442.JPG
    577.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5690.JPG
    IMG_5690.JPG
    648.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    872.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    701.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3801.JPG
    IMG_3801.JPG
    631.8 KB · Views: 36
Next time you should LST instead of supercropping when you are this late into flower.

They are going to be a little bit stunted but as long as you dont stress them much more they should be okay. For that reason i wouldn't reccomend pruning right now especially since they are dealing with high temps.

Good luck with your grow

I've moved my lights as high as possible and put a bamboo stick in my pot to try and tie branches to if they get too high. I also tied a branch to the pole of my tent, so I can't really move my pot around now (less than ideal but it's got the branch far away from the light not to burn).

She's still been growing an inch or 2 every day, so hopefully she stops soon! I'm about 2 and a half weeks into flower and I've got 0 vertical space now! I've also done a little bit of defoliation. I removed a couple of fan leaves that were blocking light from hitting the buds and don't plan on doing anything else now.

How do you think she's looking for 2 and a half weeks flower? When can I expect the buds to really start fattening up? I think I'll feed her with the veg nutes until she stops stretching completely and then move on to the flowering nutes ( this is my understanding of the Canna feeding schedule but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!).

Attachments

• IMG_6097.JPG
    IMG_6097.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9311.JPG
    IMG_9311.JPG
    931.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7566.JPG
    IMG_7566.JPG
    862.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    974.2 KB · Views: 36
@Gresus42069- plants look to be right on track. Right now, they're just going to be stacking and showing all her budsites. She'll slowly begin to fill in over the next 5-6 weeks, then in the last 3-4 weeks your buds will already be there, but will now swell with resin and weight. Make sure to have adequate air flow through your canopy at this point, if you haven't already, to prevent bud rot, powdery mildew, ect.
Thats when they will put on the weight, and get any fall colors if they're going to.

Thanks guys.

Just fed her and she's grown a bit more since last night, so I've tied a piece of string around the poles of my tent and tied the 3 tallest branches to this. I've also tied another branch to one of the bamboo sticks in the pot. My light's still a couple of inches away and I'm slightly worried I'll need to make some more adjustments but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I adjusted the light slightly to try and set it as centred and as far away as possible from the plant. With this late stage LST and the minor pruning I've been doing, she's opened up really nicely.

I'm really happy with the size of my tent and the 135w quantum board combo! I think that this light is perfect for what I'm doing and I already have plans to improve a couple of things next time.

In order to break-even and recover the cost of my whole set up I'll need about 3-4oz (dry). At this stage I'm pretty hopeful that I'll be able to hit this in my first grow but I won't be to upset if it takes me a couple of tries! I know there are a million different variables and it's extremely hard to tell etc. but from a rough guesstimate do you guys think I'll be able to hit my 3-4oz target?

Thanks for coming along on this journey with me! I really appreciate your guys help and feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_9360.JPG
    IMG_9360.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9485.JPG
    IMG_9485.JPG
    769.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    879.2 KB · Views: 38
Keep gently bending them away from the light as they stretch and it will be fine. I wouldn't do any pruning as sativas need all the fans they can get since they have so few to begin with!

No idea what you'll harvest, but it's not always reasonable to recoup your entire hard costs in your first grow! Not to say you won't, but I would amortize the hard costs over at least 3 or 4 grows. So you add ¼ of your hard costs (lights, tent. pot, wiring, fans, etc.) to the full cost of your soil, seed, nutes, and electricity. That's your cost for the grow in my book.

Time for an update!

Buds have started fattening up quite nicely and are looking good!

I switched to the flowering nutrients last feed (about 3-4 days ago) and haven't properly inspected her until today... I've noticed that there are a few fan leaves that are starting to look like they're almost dying and some have some funny white spots all over them. It also looks like I may have a bit of a deficiency as there's also a lime greenish colour on some leaves.

When I PH tested the first feed the PH was much lower than usual with my new nutrients and I half ass tried to up the PH a bit without seriously thinking about the effects PH could have (realistically it would have been sitting around 5.0-5.5 using a PH droplet tester thingi). I'm hoping that my issues are caused by my laziness and have just fed again and adjusted the PH to about 6.5. I know this is probably still a bit higher than ideal but fingers crossed that she bounces back.

I've also made the discovery that turning off my LED while taking photos produces a much better pic! Enjoy :)

Attachments

• IMG_6778.JPG
    IMG_6778.JPG
    589.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8314.JPG
    IMG_8314.JPG
    675.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7374.JPG
    IMG_7374.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5571.JPG
    IMG_5571.JPG
    759.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8896.JPG
    IMG_8896.JPG
    839.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8378.JPG
    IMG_8378.JPG
    692.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3749.JPG
    IMG_3749.JPG
    635.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8223.JPG
    IMG_8223.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4893.JPG
    IMG_4893.JPG
    639 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    554.5 KB · Views: 31
I've got a couple of questions for anybody that's still here!

I've diagnosed one of my issues as a nitrogen deficiency which I'll work towards fixing, however, I think there are a couple of things going on and I need a point in the right direction. I cleaned up quite a few dead looking leaves tonight, so I'll be able to see if any more are dying off.
IMG_6434.JPGIMG_0998.JPG

It kind of looks like something is eating some of my leaves... I suspected my plant wasn't living alone and after bringing her back into the tent I think she may have some stowaways. Tonight this was confirmed when I saw a tiny little spider swinging down from the light! I don't think my spider bro is eating the plant but do you guys think that it also looks like something is maybe nibbling away at it and if so what should I do? There's also a sticky resin on some of the leaves that I'm thinking may be caused by whatever seems to be eating my plant!
IMG_0766.jpgIMG_0765.jpgIMG_5352.JPGIMG_0751.jpgIMG_1883.JPG

One of my bud sites also doesn't seem to be developing that well (fan leaves are yellowing and bud is not "thickening") and I'm wondering if it's possibly from the initial burning of the light or maybe something more sinister.
IMG_9637.JPGIMG_8597.JPGIMG_7491.JPG

I've attached a photo if you guys could please have a look and let me know what you think! Thanks

The white spots on the leaves look like thrips. Spinosad is safe in flower, though if you're not stateside it may not be available. If not, or even if it is, you can try dish soap mixed per these instructions.

The leaves could be light burn if that's a possibility. Also seeing calcium deficiency. Since you didn't check the pH of the new solution, have you checked the PPM? Also, are you transitioning to flower nutes or just switching?

So many questions!

The white spots on the leaves look like thrips. Spinosad is safe in flower, though if you're not stateside it may not be available. If not, or even if it is, you can try dish soap mixed per these instructions.

The leaves could be light burn if that's a possibility. Also seeing calcium deficiency. Since you didn't check the pH of the new solution, have you checked the PPM? Also, are you transitioning to flower nutes or just switching?

So many questions!

Tonight I decided to inspect under the leaves and I managed to find 3 little bugs! There's definitely a bunch of creatures living in the tent, so I'm going to get one of those sticky pad things and maybe try something like neem oil or dish soap like suggested!
IMG_0796.PNGIMG_0795.PNG

I think that you could also be right with the light burn! There are still some spots that are closer to the light than I would like but unfortunately there's not much I can do about it at this stage.

I didn't check PPM but I checked the PH of the new solution and didn't really bother trying to balance the PH properly. I would have left it on the low side. Also didn't try slowly transition to the flowering nutes, I'm just following the exact feeding schedule from CANNA. I did some research and found out that flowering nutes usually have less nitrogen and because there's still leaves dropping when I checked tonight I decided to give her 1/2 a feeding with only water and the old veg nutes to see if this helps. I'll go to the store this weekend and get some Calcium-Magnesium supplements and give them a try!

Bad news... I fucked up and left my lights on... They would have had 24hours light, so I've put her into darkness now and will wait for the next normal cycle for lights on (effectively giving her 24/24 and then back to 12/12). Do you think this is going to have any serious effects?!

I'm sorry for all the questions hahaha but this is all so new and exciting to me that I have oh so many!

Finally, I'll leave you guys with some photos I took last night! Thanks for the help :)
IMG_7478.JPGIMG_0778.PNG

Tonight I decided to inspect under the leaves and I managed to find 3 little bugs! There's definitely a bunch of creatures living in the tent, so I'm going to get one of those sticky pad things and maybe try something like neem oil or dish soap like suggested!
IMG_0796.PNGIMG_0795.PNG

I think that you could also be right with the light burn! There are still some spots that are closer to the light than I would like but unfortunately there's not much I can do about it at this stage.

I didn't check PPM but I checked the PH of the new solution and didn't really bother trying to balance the PH properly. I would have left it on the low side. Also didn't try slowly transition to the flowering nutes, I'm just following the exact feeding schedule from CANNA. I did some research and found out that flowering nutes usually have less nitrogen and because there's still leaves dropping when I checked tonight I decided to give her 1/2 a feeding with only water and the old veg nutes to see if this helps. I'll go to the store this weekend and get some Calcium-Magnesium supplements and give them a try!

Bad news... I fucked up and left my lights on... They would have had 24hours light, so I've put her into darkness now and will wait for the next normal cycle for lights on (effectively giving her 24/24 and then back to 12/12). Do you think this is going to have any serious effects?!

I'm sorry for all the questions hahaha but this is all so new and exciting to me that I have oh so many!

Finally, I'll leave you guys with some photos I took last night! Thanks for the help :)
IMG_7478.JPGIMG_0778.PNG

No bueno my man. Get your light schedule back on track, then pay close attention to your girls going over them with a fine tooth comb, top to bottom, and bottom to top looking for nanners.
She"ll probably freak out a little bit and let you know that she didnt appreciate the whole light schedule mix up thing. But if shes close to finishing, f**k it, ya know. Still going to get decent bud one way or another. "Stay the path!" Lol! Just keep on truckin and moving forward. Get her to the end and reap the rewards!

Back
Top Bottom