Curling up leaves, 4 girls in a tent

Dima159

420 Member
Something is wrong with couple of my girls. I will tell you all how i have been told to do. I have got 15L pot for each. From smaller pots i moved them in bigger ones 1 week ago. At the moment 4 girls under 400watts in tent. With extractor and fans.Every 24 hours getting 0.5L of water with feed terra vega 5ml between them 4 and superthrive 2 drops. I have read your article about watering but i dont know how to do with feed if i make dry/wet cycles.. edges of the leaves started to curlp up a bit. soil canna terra. thanks a lot

Attachments

• 15517342660591421174991.jpg
    15517342660591421174991.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 94
In my experience, it's typically 4 easy to fix things.

Windburn
Too hot or light being to close
RH
Genetics (but that doesnt look consistent enough to be genetics).

My guess is that RH related. The slight crinkles, and malformation at the base of the leaf look RH related to me.

Light about 64cm up from top of the plant. Wind could be from extractor, they little bit shaking but not much

Yes want them to feel the breeze but not be wind blown.

There are certainly more experienced growers here, but if you google "low humidity cannabis symptoms" it looks very similar to your plants.

we also discussed off thread that he is not adjusting pH yet, and the pen is on the way... but canna terra must be run between 5.8 - 6.2 ... so this needs to be adjusted too.

But mainly, he has been watering it like it was a hydro, and not going for 20% runoff as canna terra recommends so as to flush out salt buildup. Canna Terra is designed to be run as a soil, using a clear wet/dry cycle to build the roots. It is an interesting system, but it needs to be run correctly. :peace::love:

At the moment the top looks wet, i wait for ph tester tomorrow to adjust watter then i will do run of in a tray, wait until it gets dry and then do feed or do same run of with feed as well?

At the moment the top looks wet, i wait for ph tester tomorrow to adjust watter then i will do run of in a tray, wait until it gets dry and then do feed or do same run of with feed as well?
as far off as your pH has been, feed deficit is your major problem right now. Always fix the major problem first. Feed them as soon as you can do it at the correct pH. Feed them to 20% runoff. Then, days from now, when the lift method informs you that most of that water is gone, do it again with plain pH adjusted water to 20% runoff. Sit on your hands, and wait again. If you are doing this right, the time between waterings will slowly decrease as the roots get stronger and the plant needs get larger.

we also discussed off thread that he is not adjusting pH yet, and the pen is on the way... but canna terra must be run between 5.8 - 6.2 ... so this needs to be adjusted too.

But mainly, he has been watering it like it was a hydro, and not going for 20% runoff as canna terra recommends so as to flush out salt buildup. Canna Terra is designed to be run as a soil, using a clear wet/dry cycle to build the roots. It is an interesting system, but it needs to be run correctly. :peace::love:

@Emilya is it your belief this is PH related? (The leaf issue)

@Emilya is it your belief this is PH related? (The leaf issue)
no, I don't think that pH has become much of a problem yet since N is available across such a wide swath of pH levels, but soon there will be a problem if not adjusted. The leaf curling is like the gasp of a creature not able to get oxygen... a clear indication that something terrible is going on at the roots.

i still think the medium is too dry , its coming away from the pot edges , then when people say water to run off the run off will happen before it is completely damp , its needs a liter then another then another taken a break in between liters ,
its dry and there is a slight taco of leaves:cheesygrinsmiley: or am i seeing the picture wrong ?

i still think the medium is too dry , its coming away from the pot edges , then when people say water to run off the run off will happen before it is completely damp , its needs a liter then another then another taken a break in between liters ,
its dry and there is a slight taco of leaves:cheesygrinsmiley: or am i seeing the picture wrong ?
Again, this is not coco. This medium is intended to be run with a wet/dry cycle, just as you would do soil. A slight taco of a drooping leaf is telling you what? I am thinking several things... lights maybe a bit close since it is also happening up top, heat and/or humidity... and then combined with the droop, water comes to the forefront in my reasoning. There is still a lot of fine tuning to be done here, but my major concern is the OP watering with 1L every day in a medium not designed for it, and at the wrong pH. Let's attack all of the problems in order of possible harm, and try not to confuse issues.

Hi guys, i didnt water them since sunday now, looks same, top of medium still wet.. to make them dry i still need to wait day or two. ph tester still not here, i will buy from shop some water with 6.2 ph.

Back
Top Bottom