First Time Grow, Super Stoked

420-magazine-mobile485474047.jpg

I just cut the dying leafs off because they will eventually die
420-magazine-mobile1549276029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373002838.jpg
maybe a clear picture could help some of you guys tell me what it is. And I checked on my plant today and it seems to be doing well. The outside of one leaf is curling up a little but I just opened the tent when I got home to let temps cool down the average temp in the tent is about 91-92 but I have an inline fan coming in tomorrow and I'm excited to see how it can help my grow. Would you guys happen to know if I get another one and just put it to blow the air in instead of sucking like I would have it as the top one
420-magazine-mobile1947924000.jpg
and actually the ph in my soil isn't a 7.5 I tested the water run off the other day and saw that it was a
420-magazine-mobile1976672087.jpg
4.6 so now that I know it's not too high I'd like to keep the calmag and nut water at 6.5 rn there at 6.3 but since I've wrote To you my plants have exploded with growth in terms of leafs there kind of close together would you say this is from the lights being to close?

Hi mate

Leaf growing tight close is good, thats what you are looking for :)

4.6 will cause nute lockout if you are feeding them at that ph

On a previous grow i was giving em 5.2 ph nutes and that low caused some serious deficiency issues

The plants can only take up the full range of nutrients in their feed if the feed is within certain ph values

The best ph to ensure full nutrient uptake varies depending on the medium you are using

Soil i think should be 6.5 ph

I use coco 60/40 so i dial the ph to 6.0

Hydro is good at 6.0

91F is a bit too hot and could cause problems

Ideally the temp should be under 85F

It's good to extract warm air from the top of the tent or room thru a carbon filter and allow some cooler air to come in low down

The leafs are looking like that because the plant has taken mobile nutrient that it is lacking from the older leaf and transported it to new growth and done that enough to result in damage

That's what i reckon anyhow

Nice one

I am only on my third grow and am learning loads each time - there's so much to know eh!

Only with the help of 420, other sites have i been able to sort this out:-

20170612_003913.jpg

Plus me being a massive geek / information addict, i love to get the science down

I must say, your attitude wanting to get to know the plant is the best way forward

She behaves in very different ways at different times in her life cycle and we can affect her growth hugely if we do the right thing at the right time

Observation is key ;)

Well it's official, she's a SHE. Today I was inspecting and found this
420-magazine-mobile1338061863.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1247257848.jpg
correct me if I'm wrong but that means she's a girl right , also means she's an auto . Today makes 67 th day old from potting.

If you look in the middle of the blue circle you can see some white hair/strings. Coming out , and from the research I've done , that's a female part.
My light cycle is 18/6 still. I was going to up pot in the next two weeks and change light cycle .
Will changing the cycle to 12/12 be better if she's an auto? I know it's a must if she isn't an auto, but can it be more beneficial to an auto?

Congratulations! It's a girl~ but it's not an auto as you would be looking at actual buds this far along. You will need to change her light schedule to begin blooming.

Yeah they do look like pre flowers that appear when still vegging

When you want her to begin flowering, change to 12/12

A trick to help signal it's bloom time is to give a period of extended darkness when you want to begin

Eg i turn the lights off for 36 hours and then begin 12/12 rather than just switch straight over

This means the hormones that build up in darkness and that control flowering get to properly build up to really send a message to the plant

For two weeks after this you should see a surge in growth called "the stretch", then upward growth will slow and she will focus on developing her new flowers

What do you use to lst what can I find around the house to use

This is what I'm using in the picture. I got it at the dollar store. I've used twist ties in the past, but I prefer the way this holds its shape and resists the plant when it tries to straighten up.

DSCI0940a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom