First Time Grow, Super Stoked

I'm not really into topping this one , with it being my first grow, I'm kinda interested to see what an untouched plant can yield. Plus I wasn't to sure of topping or growing at all when I began. Thanks to 420 I'm learning so much and the next grow will be way better. Stay tuned B)

I was nervous to top my first plants as well - but gave in and went for it - based on the information I am reading on the forums and a few friend's recommendations.I just defoliated two plants significantly and they are looking nice. Staying tuned to your journal to see what the untouched plant can yield and the overall quality of that nice center cola. :)

I've had plants with what seems like slow growing roots, it turned out some plants just need more root space than others to achieve optimal growth. I have a strain called Purple Caddilac growing right now it is a cut from a fellow grower that couldn't get it to grow in his system well i figured out why he plugged it into his mother system which is a flood and drain/ebb and flow, that he uses quart size net pots in, well the roots bind up tight and his Purple Caddilac mother never grew once the roots filled the pot so we chopped it up into clones to try and get a new mother going, as soon as I got it in a 5 gallon short plastic pot and out in the sun it took off. It's in my journal now growing outdoor

Looking good, Pothead. The growth is great. Mine are about the same age as yours but I put them on flowering cycle a couple weeks ago. I topped mine as they were growing and now one has 5 budding stems and the other one has 6. I defoliated them some and I'm now waiting with my mouth watering.

DSCI0926a.jpg

Would a couple hours a day outside be good for the lil lady? Or would it be to stressful ?

Keep her away from insects and other environmental issues ;)

Best to create and maintain the ideal environment in a protected area (indoors) unless you've got loads of space (to avoid prying eyes) and loads of sunshine

The ladies need sunlight and darkness in specific ratios when it comes to flowering

In veg (before flowering) they need different amounts of light, time wise

It's the darkness that controls the flowering

In veg i run mine 6hr on 2hr off

In Bloom 12 on 12 off

Controlling temperature fluctuation makes a massive effect on the growth rate - keep things as steady as possible

I use two of these along the six LED strips

Daylight 315 HID lighting wholesale horticultural grow lights

They are quite new, specially designed to produce exactly the specify wavelengths of light that our plants use and not waste power on useless frequencies

Another thing also, need some advice on this. I've seen on people's post, the plant can show if it can tolerate the light cycle, start to droop after 17 hours on , ect. Well mine , after 15 hours, my leafs stand straight up light they are trying to swallow the lights. Any idea why?
420-magazine-mobile2028979428.jpg
like this photo, but there has been times where they stand straighter.

Cos they are loving the light

Nah it's normal mine do the same but I run a different light schedule so it's less pronounced. I run 6 on 2 off continuous light schedule it's suppose to grow them faster

Same vegging light cycle as me, they totally love it & go nuts

They can breathe in CO2 in light and breathe out O2 in dark

So running 18hr light they get ready to breathe out and slow growth

Also it is way easier to keep on top of the temp when running that cycle compared to 18/6

Aahhh sweet, LST is the way forward! Tie em down and spread em out ;)
I do that a lot

Check my journal if you like ;)

I'll do that. I have this one in a journal and another journal for a seed that just popped today.

Looks to me more like potassium deficiency

pH 7.5 is way high IMHO

I run 6.0 in coco 60/40

420-magazine-mobile485474047.jpg

I just cut the dying leafs off because they will eventually die
420-magazine-mobile1549276029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373002838.jpg
maybe a clear picture could help some of you guys tell me what it is. And I checked on my plant today and it seems to be doing well. The outside of one leaf is curling up a little but I just opened the tent when I got home to let temps cool down the average temp in the tent is about 91-92 but I have an inline fan coming in tomorrow and I'm excited to see how it can help my grow. Would you guys happen to know if I get another one and just put it to blow the air in instead of sucking like I would have it as the top one
420-magazine-mobile1947924000.jpg
and actually the ph in my soil isn't a 7.5 I tested the water run off the other day and saw that it was a
420-magazine-mobile1976672087.jpg
4.6 so now that I know it's not too high I'd like to keep the calmag and nut water at 6.5 rn there at 6.3 but since I've wrote To you my plants have exploded with growth in terms of leafs there kind of close together would you say this is from the lights being to close?

Back
Top Bottom