First Time Grower! 2x4x5 Tent With 400W MH/HPS Growing Critical+ 2.0 Photo

Happy Friday everybody! I hope everybody's had a good week and an even better weekend planned! Today marks day 5 since my girls have broken through the dirt and I've got to tell you I'm thrilled! I've learned a few things over the few days and experimented with nutes that the girls seem to be loving :D I learned that when I come home from the bar, I cannot use the microwave and toaster at the same time otherwise it will blow my breaker and I'll have a mini freak-out lol. So without further ado, here are the ladies of the hour!
day 5 hygro.jpg
day 5 leighton.jpg
day 5 mack.jpg
day 5 JLO.jpg

Looking good man. How did your temps get to 95’F:eek:o_O
Careful with nutrients in the seedling stage as these little babies are very delicate. Most plants will carry enough in them to get through the first few weeks then you can introduce nutrients at a low dose usually 1/4 the manufacturers recommend strength in soil, Unless running in coco or hydro where you want to start with a very light nute mix from the start!

:passitleft:

Looking good man. How did your temps get to 95’F:eek:o_O
Careful with nutrients in the seedling stage as these little babies are very delicate. Most plants will carry enough in them to get through the first few weeks then you can introduce nutrients at a low dose usually 1/4 the manufacturers recommend strength in soil, Unless running in coco or hydro where you want to start with a very light nute mix from the start!

:passitleft:
AH yes the 95 degree day lol, It was I believe the second day of my seeds being in their jiffy peat pellets in my tent and I had the light at 400W and had only the in-line duct fan running and I went to school before I had the 6" fan on the floor and came home to that and I almost had a stroke o_Oo_Oo_O

Hello I'm happy to get here before the bud whores all got here and blocked my veiw
Front row seating:yahoo:everything looks great.
Hey JS thanks for stopping by :D I'll be doing an update in just a short hour or two after the game.
Critical Comparative: Growing Anything Critical Related? Let's Share Info And Get The Most Out Of Our Grow that's the link to the critical comparative grow I'm a part of! lots of reputable members involved and definitely a great journal to catch up on and follow!
Cheers! :welcome::welcome:

What’s up my man! Little ones are looking healthy. Good start so far.
Not a whole lot my dude! watching football, cleaning the house, having a semi productive sunday before I go back after reading week! :yahoo::yahoo:I've made it a week so far lets see if I can make it approx. 11 more :slide:

hey guys quick question for yall! I checked my plants this morning and noticed some (what I believe) early signs of tacoing on my leaves and on one plant it had a couple brown spots on it :( What do you think the causes could be?! I'm stressing out lol

Attachments

• 1540913414584.png
    1540913414584.png
    851.2 KB · Views: 197
  • tacoing1.jpg
    tacoing1.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 200
  • brown spot 1.jpg
    brown spot 1.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 173
  • brown spot 2.jpg
    brown spot 2.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 190
Looks not bad! My first thought is wind burn or heat stress? Are they too close to the fan? Does it oscillate? What are the temps in the tent? RH?
Hey newty!! I do have a fan in the tent that I don’t have oscillating because I feel it’s too strong to hit the plants directly so instead I have the fan pointed at one of the walls and allowing just a slight breeze, just enough to move the leaves around a little. Now that I have that fan installed temps never go over 85f and relative humidity, as long as I’m not at school when the humidifier runs out, it’s generally 55

Hmmmmm that’s a tricky one then! I wouldn’t worry too much unless you start seeing things show up on multiple leaves
Okay it’s also the longest they’ve went without water, I was trying to get the roots to stretch so I gave them some water and left for school I’ll see how they’re looking when I get home

Some plants are more sensitive to heat and 85 is on the high end so perhaps a little stress? Do you have a clip fan blowing between the lights and the canopy? Not at the plants, just to move the heat away. Sometimes that helps with direct heat from the lights

Looking good bro! I agree with newty looks like a little bit of heat stress. I try to keep temps in the tent under 80f. Keep us posted.
Thank you! for whatever reason my inline fan isn't keeping my hood very cool :confused: Not sure if it's because of the direction I have the airflow going or if the ducting isn't venting proper because it's close to the wall on each side or what. Maybe I'll try reversing the airflow of my fan and running additional ducting that can reach the top of the tent so the wall isn't blocking the airflow? If that's the case then I can bump my light back up to 400W rather than sitting at 250W :eek:

Back
Top Bottom