First Time Grower - Auto Flowering

Re: First Time Grower: Auto Flowering

Thanks!

Regarding autos... this is my first grow so I though they would be easier to manage, I though taking the light cycle variable out would be a good idea. Now I am not sure I did the right call.

The led is a bit further than the cfls usually... around 16 inches or less from the canopy. Anyway, thats getting harder to control now that I run out of rope to cut... I didnt put a lot of though to the wood structure holding the lights and the little ones are getting tall.

Re: First Time Grower: Auto Flowering

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate all your help. I was getting worried, especially taking into account I had "problems" with that one since the beginning.

The cfls ar at the side of the led. Anyway, I was thinking in using 4 cfls with the led in the middle, any thoughts on this?

BTW, I added an air extractor to the window I am going to see if I can lower the temps a little.

Thanks,

photo_4199.JPG
photo_3251.JPG
photo_2314.JPG

Auto flowers are very easy plants to take care of all they really need is a good amount of light and it is a good place to start as a grower. I would also suggest putting another fan in the room just to have a bit more air movement. Also, maybe you'll want to lower your lights a bit closer to the canopy, to about 12 inches. Just suggestions.

actually autos are known to be sensitive. yours look great.

adding light never hurts (unless the plants start showing heat stress).

i would put those cfls closer to the plants, like 4-6" away.

Merry Xmas to All and Happy New Year! :party:

Quick Update, plants are looking good! I am running out of vertical space and I cant move the LEDs higher. Any suggestions? I am going to see how I can figure out a solution. Does it makes sense to put the leds at the side?

I think the big one is a little bit greener. I went on a a trip and the last day I watered with nutes and H202. By the way, I think its a little bit droppy due to overwatering, in my absence a friend watered the plants everyday (I didnt know this till I arrived).

Also, there must be an insect wondering aruound because some tips seem bitten. Any idea whats the white thing over the leaf?

Thanks!!

photo_4202.JPG
photo_3254.JPG
photo_2319.JPG
photo_1370.JPG
photo_717.JPG
photo_619.JPG
photo_5128.JPG

Great looking grow you brought them around nice! 50% humidity is plenty IMO. I wouldn't add any more personally. Maybe your buddy got hungry when he was watching your plants and he had himself a snack lol. In all seriousness though I have no idea on the bugs, I haven't had a problem with anything other than nats before. Im sure someone will swing by that can help though!

you shouldn't be watering every day, but they look good. you can bend them over by the neck with yarn and tape it to the side of the pot, it's called lsting. the side branches will then become tops.

you should feed them once next time the soils dry for some extra growth :thumb:

Hello! As you suggested I bended the plants a little, I should had start earlier but I didnt know I could do it (or was advisable) to do it with autos. Fortunately the plants responded well and there are some new branches coming along.

Plants seem doing good. It caught my attention that both seem to started the flowering process... :yummy:

I expected the small one to get bigger. I guess it must be because I never repotted this one as I did with the old one. The pot is smaller and the soil is harder. Or maybe it started flowering because the other one did... just guessing.

Here are a few pics! After taking the pictures I tried to move the big one so it can get more light from the LEDs.

Thanks and hope you are doing great! I read is freezing over there.

photo_5136.JPG
photo_2327.JPG
photo_1380.JPG
photo_621.JPG
photo_719.JPG
photo_823.JPG
photo_95.JPG

looking good! I would remove those spent leaves as they can get moldy. you should allow the soil to go through wet/dry cycles.

it's very cold here. my car windows are frozen shut no matter the time of day.

Hi all,

Quick update, plants are doing good.

I am a little disappointed that the younger/smaller one started flowering, I hoped it was going to get bigger. I started seeing roots on the top of the soil, so my guess is one of the reasons she is small is that I never transplanted her to a bigger pot. In desperation I added some extra soil.

Also, new branches continued to appear on the older one. I am amazed by her development.

By the way, I should start thinking on harvesting (I think). How long before harvesting should I stop feeding her, two weeks? How far do you think I am?

Last thing, I am still using veg nutes, should I switch? My idea was veg nutes are better than nothing.

Thanks and take care!

PS b.real I will be reading your Snow White blog today.

photo_5139.JPG
photo_4209.JPG
photo_3262.JPG
photo_2329.JPG
photo_1382.JPG

what is the npk ratio of your nutrients?

I would stop feeding and flush 2-3 weeks prior to harvest. most of these plants take 12-13 weeks total to finish no matter what the breeder says.

what is the npk ratio of your nutrients?

I would stop feeding and flush 2-3 weeks prior to harvest. most of these plants take 12-13 weeks total to finish no matter what the breeder says.

Im not sure if this is what you asked me.

In the label it says that based on the weight of the element it has:

Nitrogren: 18%
Phosphorus: 1.5%
Potassium: 3.7%

I was planning on buying a flowering additive that has this:

Nitrogren: 7.5%
Phosphorus: 6%
Potassium: 6%

The plants must be around 50 days old so I still have ~30 days to go for week 12. Based on what you told me I should stop feeding and flushing the older one at the end of this month and harvesting past mid February (and the younger one a couple of days later) .

Thanks!

I would say use your veg nutrients but it has a lot of nitrogen in it and it may turn your plants too green and therefore cause small flowers.

buying a more balanced feed is better, but not necessary.

week 12 is good to shoot for. you could probably harvest at week 11, but the smoke will get much stronger and the flowers will get much fatter in the final weeks.

Hello!

I bought the flowering nutes (lower on nitrogen) that I will be using for the next 2 weeks. I watered the older one today with a dose.

I had a lamp around and free time so I added it. I didnt turn off the leds before shooting the picture because everything is literally handing by strings. Lucky me, the cfl the lamp had is warmer which I think are better for the flowering stages.

Take care and hope you are smoking some good stuff!

photo_1_116.JPG

Back
Top Bottom