First Time Grower - Auto Flowering

Hi guys, Happy Friday! Once again, I really appreciate all the help and the good vibes :thanks:

Plants are doing good. I fed them with nutes today (again) :morenutes: By the way... I still cant manage to get a small runoff. Next time I will probably use plain water just in case.

The tips are a little bit yellowish and the stem is slightly purple, not sure what this mean but I am learning not to panic and keep calm.

I am planning to stop feeding them by the end of this month and harvesting two to three weeks later.

I wanted to ask you... do you think I should kill the small stems? (see pics below)

On a separate note; I am starting to think on the things I will do different next grow (I was planning on starting a new seed now actually).

1. I will probably move the lights up to make some grow for more vertical growth... I mean I have the space so why not use it.
2. Buy a big cfl reflector for the top and use the current cfls for side grow.
3. Start lsting earlier in the process.
4. I am wondering if I am on time to start and outdoor grow. By doing this I could have 3 plants at the same time and I will only be left with 2 seeds.

Any recommendations for how to germinate? I was planning on planting the seed directly to a really really small pot directly into the soil, water it and leave it in a dark room till it germinates.

Thanks and take care!

Plant 1, (older one)
photo_2330.JPG
photo_1383.JPG
photo_2_copy2.JPG

These small branches I mean
photo_1_copy1.JPG

Plant 2 (younger one, much more compact)
photo_3263.JPG
photo_4212.JPG

looking great! I would stop feeding them heavier and heavier just becuase you want to save that light green undergrowth. it might be better to trim it since you're too stubborn to move the cfls down in there like i suggested before :p

we have all overfed and stressed a plant before. sometimes it results in small buds so be careful with the fertilizer :Namaste:

looking great! I would stop feeding them heavier and heavier just becuase you want to save that light green undergrowth. it might be better to trim it since you're too stubborn to move the cfls down in there like i suggested before :p

we have all overfed and stressed a plant before. sometimes it results in small buds so be careful with the fertilizer :Namaste:

Uhhh I might had missed that comment. I didnt think I should do that (in the sense that was possible), I remember I had to lower the cfls but I thought only in respect to the canopy.

Originally I had only two cfls (one per plant) so I thought it was a must to keep a cfl at the top.

Regarding feeding her... I do it only because I thought it would be better for the whole plant. I should start learning to look at the signs to know when to feed them and when to stop.

Now I will...

1. Stop feeding.
2. Kill the underdeveloped stems.
3. Lower the third cfl closer to the lower branches that I think they can make it!

As always... b.real you rock! :headbanger:

Hi all! Hope you are doing great.

Bigger update than I expected today, I had free time in my hands so I decided to move things around a little bit.

First
Plants are doing good although its been really hoy lately, and I cant get the room temp below outside temperature. I measured a peak of 36C (97F) aprox.

I was planning on going to 12/12 to reduce the temperature in the room and to run the fan all day. Currently it runs only when the lights are on. Any suggestions?

You can see pics that the older one had the leaves flipped over (I guess this is due to the heat).

Also, the land was a little dry so I watered with plain water.

Second

Given that vertical space is not an issue I moved things up by adding a wood annex to the existing structure. Now I have a much better control of the LEDs and I think now I will make a better use of them. Additionally I have more space for the plants to grow.

Finally I turned the plants around. In this way I was able to get rid of the cables that were pulling them to the sides.

Thanks for looking at my long first post! Hopefully I'll have a better update soon! :Namaste:

-----------------------------------------------Picture Time------------------------------------------

As you can see I use a lot of plastic seals which I think are awesome. Really easy to move around and to use. Also, the only way I could fit the wood structure inside the room was in parts. By using seals I can take it apart easily.
photo_910.JPG

These are the plants before I watered them. As you can see the leaves look weird
photo_824.JPG
photo_720.JPG
photo_622.JPG

Final room set up
photo_4214.JPG
photo_2333.JPG
photo_5143.JPG
photo_1386.JPG

I don't see any heat stress, but I do see nitrate stress. heat stress causes the edges of the leaves to curl upwards while nutrient stress causes them to claw downwards.

Nice to hear that! I automatically assume it was heat stress due to the high temps lately. However I no remeber leaves tend to curl up due to the heat and ultimately roll on themselves.

I didn't use nutes last time and I am no planning on using them any time soon.

Thanks!

you could feed every other time you water as long as you're diluting it enough.

Hi Colorado, thanks for joining. You are in for the best part!

Lights are currently off from 12 till 18 as you suggested :) The only inconvenient I found is that the room is not truly lightproof and I get light (not direct) from the outside. However, as they are autos I didn't pay too much attention to this.

Thanks,

Hiya, Czecho :ciao:

I'm glad I made it over here before the harvest :)

I've read journals where people run autos on 12/12.

Those curled leaves look like my Pascalle's when she got too much nitrogen.

I just put her in the bathtub and flushed the crap out of her.

Hopefully I caught it early enough.

Hope you're staying cool in your part of the world!

:tokin:

Hi Dresney! You joined just in time :welcome:

I bought the seeds from Green House Seeds and there it says: "Can be flowered at any photoperiod between 12 and 18 hours of light per day." My main concern was that changing the light cycle during the flowering period could have negative effects. The reason I wanted to cut down the light was to lower the temps of the room, however as the guys pointed out it seems they are not showing heat stress signs so I relaxed about this.

To be honest, I chose to run 18/6 in the hope I would get a better yield, and electricity is cheap around here.

For what I saw Pascalle is doing good :D. The thing with nutes is that I got entangled... on one hand I saw some signs of overfeeding but at the same time I saw some old and not so old leaves turning yellow (Im posting the pics in a couple of minutes). Anyway... I cut down on the nutes and ideally the next feeding should be the last one. Or I will stop feeding now... Im still deciding.

The initial plan was to stop feeding the 30th and harvest around mid February.

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks :Namaste:

I'm still on my first auto grow and not as far as you so take this advice for what its worth...

From what I have read less hours esp later in flowering will be better for potency / trichrome production. If you are having heat issues I personally wouldn't hesitate to cut the hours down esp at this point in their life. IMO you will get a better end result by keeping them happy then you will by keeping them unhappy and jamming more hours of light down their throats. If your worried about the sudden change cut them down 1 hour per day until you get to where there happy or u hit 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom