First Time Grower - Could Use Help Along The Way

Mike,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, especially as it was me who recommended the blackstrap molasses. The reason I said to buy unsulphured is because sulphur is used as a fumigator to get ride of crop pests. While it might not kill your plants, I don't think you want to add horrible chemicals, like sulphites, to what is essentially an organic crop.

I can't believe Sydney Crosby would sell Blackstrap Molasses! If you look in your supermarket, you should be able to find several types of molasses. At least one should be without sulphur.

I'm looking at a container (waxed paper carton) of Crosby's Molasses and it says on the side:

Ingredient: Fancy Molasses

Ingredient! How often do you see that on a food label? This is the first container I bought. I doesn't have sulphur in it, but it also isn't blackstrap molasses. Blackstrap has more mineral content. I keep the Crosby's for cooking. I found several brands of blackstrap molasses in my local health food store. Many larger supermarkets also carry it. With the trend of people trying to find healthier food alternatives, it's not that hard to find any more. Keep looking!

Regarding telling female from male plants, Miwa is right. But it can't hurt to have a few more pictures to look at for comparison purposes. Check out these two pictures:

so i just bought sensai bloom A & B and a bottle of Advanced Nutrients - Bud Candy any ideas of the correct amount gonna go look around thought id post here first though

few new pictures
2011-12-27_15_11_56.jpg

2011-12-27_15_11_44.jpg

2011-12-27_15_11_35.jpg

sorry its been a while for thi update. me and camera's dont mix but i think i got it could now. may need a tri pod my arms are like jello. but any ways here thye are.
got some nice buds producing on 2 of them and 4 of them are just starting
DSCN00757.JPG
DSCN00657.JPG
DSCN00585.JPG
DSCN00534.JPG
DSCN00462.JPG
DSCN00434.JPG
DSCN00384.JPG

it took them from first sign of budding id say 8 days!!

and i cant seem to figure it out but the small one is budding to but i mean its growth stopped like 3 weeks ago so i guess its its time. but its weird because all the other ones are from the eact same patch of seeds and they growing tall and this ones like a low ryder

it took them from first sign of budding id say 8 days!!

and i cant seem to figure it out but the small one is budding to but i mean its growth stopped like 3 weeks ago so i guess its its time. but its weird because all the other ones are from the eact same patch of seeds and they growing tall and this ones like a low ryder

That small one looks like shes been topped...i wouldn't trip...she'll catch up plants with broken branches slow their growth while they make repairs...looking good though...:thumb:

some new updates on the plants day 21 of budding and things looking really good not sure if it was me or the plant it self but have 2 plants that are quite small but produccing a decent amount of bud and 5 of them are nice and tall approx 3 ft id say.

009496.JPG
008538.JPG
007588.JPG
006594.JPG
003760.JPG
002810.JPG
001776.JPG

Ok so here are my babies 5 weeks into budding and i am having troubles determining when i should harvest i say another 3 weeks atleast but not to sure. theres 6 plants intotal i have pictures and will label each plant any help would be awsome.
Some of them only have buds showing because i the others of them didnt turn out.

plant 1-
07117.JPG

06912.JPG

plant 2-
06129.JPG

05826.JPG

06020.JPG

plant 3-
009502.JPG

008546.JPG

03099.JPG

plant 4-
003770.JPG

006602.JPG

plant 5-
04936.JPG

03198.JPG

plant 6-
013337.JPG

003768.JPG

07711.JPG

07613.JPG

014313.JPG

Hey Mike,

You're doing a great job. You were wondering why some of your plants are so different even though they were from the same "batch".

The seeds are from the same genotype (strain) but they are not identical. Just as in human families where there can be lots of variation, the same is true with plants. I am currently growing four plants from the same strain and I can tell the differences among them.

At one extreme, I have a large plant that is slowly reaching maturity and, at the other extreme, a very sweet smaller plant that could have been harvested weeks ago (I'm not harvesting it because it is a Sativa strain and they only get better with time).

As far as when to harvest, it depends on two things:
1) How desperate you are to smoke your own weed;
2) The maturation of the trichomes.

As far as door number one goes, that's your judgement call.

Regarding door number two: The minimum time you should harvest your crop is 8 weeks. By looking at the trichomes, you can pick the optimal time to harvest.

Trichomes are the sparkly diamonds that are shining on your buds. To look at them properly, you need at least a 10 X power magnifying device. I have a 10 X loupe. There are 50 X pocket microscopes (complete with light source) available online for $10 - $20.

Carson Optics makes a lot of these devices. Here's a couple of pictures of the one I'm using

Loupe2.jpg

Loupe1.jpg

Read this to find out all you ever wanted to know about trichomes:

thanks alot i will deffinetly get my scope soon but yea i will be letting them grow atleast to 9 weeks and see how it goes from there probably

Back
Top Bottom