First Time Grower with Ambitious Intentions

Richard Sativ

There are two other growers involved, one who has previous experience, but I'm the most involved. This also isn't even my first grow attempt. 4 Years ago I started a few seeds, but they were doomed from the start. More recently I had bought a clone, but it died with in a month. It grew a few inches but left outside one windy day it folded over and never progressed afterwards.

Currently, I have seven plants under a 120 watt florescent light. There is going to be a 400 watt HPS hopefully soon, and I have 4 seedlings on the way. This grow has the most direction by far out of any of mine, and also the intentionm to pass any of my experienced friends four previous grows.

There is one OG Kush clone, 1 Grand Daddy Purp clone, 4 Cat Piss x unknown Kush seedlings 3 weeks old of various size, and 1 bagseed Indica. I also have a an heirloom strain mixed between GDP and Super Silver Haze selected grow after grow, year after year until the strain became too smelly for the grower to grow in his Suburban property.

I have been expecting the 400 watt lamp to arrive anyday for the past ten days. My grow is definately being dragged by their absense, but a few of the seedlings are also suffering nute defect because I had to plant them before I was able to obtain good soil. My only grow set up as of now is in my 5' by 2' closet. Currently on 24 hours a day. Very ghetto at the time as everything except the plants were already owned and free.

I plan on uploading pictures as soon as I can.

For some reason it's saying it won't support the image type.

My computer claims ithe images are bitmap type, would resaving it as a photoshop image help?

High RS, goto: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

this is from that page: "To start off, you need to make sure your pictures are the correct format.
Our gallery accepts jpg, jpeg, gif, png file formats.
Photo size must not exceed 1MB. "

About your grow...you have 7 plants and also 4 on the way?

Only six will end up flowering fully in the closet.

Any males will be eradicated, and other grow spaces will be utilized later. The over crowding cure might be the backyard or another set up. Depending on how bad the issue gets and resources.

High RS, goto: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

this is from that page: "To start off, you need to make sure your pictures are the correct format.
Our gallery accepts jpg, jpeg, gif, png file formats.
Photo size must not exceed 1MB. "

About your grow...you have 7 plants and also 4 on the way?

Rich, do me a favor and click on the link please...... This will show you how to correctly upload your pictures..

It's the wrong kind of file to upload directly onto the site and the link doesn't seem to be relevent as it doesn't mention how do change the file type into one that is acceptable. Only how to resize acceptable file types. So I used a 3rd party to upload it.

Unless if you posted that before I fixed the images to be viewable on this page as I did originally screw up on that and 3/4 were only links.

Ok here's what you do. You open you picture using "Paint" or "Paint Shop" and then after it's open you resize it to a proper size and then when you go to save it click on "save as" and then just change the file type to jpeg.

I didn't even need to do that, breh. I just realized that I could have change the image type at any point. I don't always maintain competency.

set_up_ph.jpg

Some sort of defect.

I figure it's a nute defect, a ph problem causing a nute defect, or it's a mutant. I'm leaning towards it being a genetic defect, or a problem allowed by a gentic defect but caused by nutrient defectOne one side of the 3rd there's two fans, instead of three, partially over lapping each other, on the other side it's only one that is much smaller and vastly different looking. Thin and straight. I wish I could get you a high quality picture of it, but I can't at the moment. Instead of having a stem in the center of the leaf with offshoots of that going through the leaf like all other leaves I've ever seen, it has two thin ones with no offshoots. It's doesn't look like it's a functioning leaf.

Here's a picture where you can somewhat see the over lapping. I think it's worth mentioning that the 4th node looks fine so far and it's still growing.
setup_bgiii.jpg

Here's another angle
set_up_overlapp.jpg

A little better?
I might be able to get a better camera soon. My phone compromises quality so much unfortuantely. I just tried to photoshop it to out line the seperation and show where it overlaps, but that only made it harder to see.

I put two of the germinated seeds into Black Gold soil, the same that I put the clones in. Could have waited more but I'm impatient and I don't see the harm.

I'm really interested in how these seeds will go, even though I've never seen the weed they produce. Samples from the last batch were only seen and smelled by my friend, not smoked, but he swore by it's quality and had no reason to lie. He claimed it was the best weed he has ever seen as far as he can remember, and he's very involved with marijuana. Esspecially that of higher quality.

Here's the old pictures re uploaded and the other plants aswell.

The Clones.

The OG Kush clone. My experienced co-grower has the highest hopes for this one out of any of them. Planted in Black Gold soil. We wanted some sort of Kush and this was second in line to Cherry Kush, which wasnt available.

set_up_OGK.jpg

The Grand Daddy Purp clone. Planted in black gold aswell. I think every grow should have one of these.
set_up_GDPpp.jpg

The Cat Piss x Kush. 3 weeks old

1A. Was the deformed sucker shown previously. Stand out of the group. Planted in used potting soil.

1B. Had a slow start and the seed was stuck to the sprout when it first came out for a week. At first only used pot soil, but I added black gold recently.
a_leap.jpg

1C. While planted a day after the previous two, it dwarfs them. Mostly used soil, partially back yard dirt. Currently starting the LST prcoess.
set_up_helgapp.jpg
It has progressed since this picture a little bit too.

1D. Around half and half between used soil and garden dirt.
set_up_pmw.jpg

The Bagseed (B)

Partially Black Gold added later, but unfortunately also mainly used potting soil.
set_up_bpp.jpg

Started later then the rest. I had a notebook with all of the data but I can't locate it right now.

I have soil now, so I shouldn't have to resort with bad mediums again.

I don't. My supplies are currently limited to only what's mandatory but my goal is to have a fully equipped set up by harvest time and maybe even have a full continual harvest set up.

A fan is one of the easier things to obtain on the list, and the plan is to get it soon before or after the hps so that it can help prevent heat issues

Try to get a little 3 dollar clip on computer type of fan for now. Clip it to something a couple feet away from but facing the ladies. the air circulation mixed with the stems fluttering a bit will help a ton. Also get a oscillating fan before you set up that light. It will put off it's fair share of heat after being on a couple of hours. Some growers like the more powerful fan to be blowing between the bulb itself and the tops of the plants , so that there is an air current traveling between and the light wont get the tops too hot. :popcorn: When i got my 1000 watt i ended up having to install an air conditioner for the grow space because it was small. the larger the grow space the less heat should build up. And less of a need for an air conditioner or more fans with a larger space. Smaller spaces are harder to keep cool without pulling it in and out with squirrel cage type of fans,inline, can fan type of equipment. :peacetwo:

THC is totally right. The heat from HID lights builds up really really fast. I have a big fan in my grow tent (4x4x8) and I have a 5" inline fan cooling my tube. Even though my tent is located in a room with a pretty low ambient temp, I have to always cool my tube so that my tent doesn't overheat.

Back
Top Bottom