ok so just before lights went out today i checked the suspect once again and the pre flower looked like they were coming out on stems!good enough for me so out it has come and down it goes good bye mr male!! so left with 4 fems just as long as the feminised seed pulls through, 2nd day of 12/12 today not much to report apart from there drinking vasts amount of water, they had a feed today too still veg nutes so the dont get a nitrogen difficiency when stretching.

yeah i just knew it was female for a few days at least i know for next time!! i did take a couple of clones off one of the females and put it root 2 gel like little pots with gel in it in there own little propagator you dont have to water or feed them and you can see through the gel to know when there rooting its something 420 waorrior mention and it was cheap so fingers crossed they will take i have them under a 30w cfl at the moment not sure how long they will take before showing roots but hopefully i will have some little babies soon:ganjamon:

Too bad about the male, owell, now you concentrate on the GIRLS. :)

June_16th2.JPG

For some reason this male showed real early, LUCKY ME.

Langa, be sure to wrap the cups with something to block light. Roots don't like light,I cut off plastic cups and put the Gel2Root cup in that. it blocks the light and you can take it out to see the progress. Mine took about 2 wks to start roots but then they exploded with root growth. If you start seeds or clones in the party cups you can put it in a clear cup, then put that cup in a colored cup to block light and still be able to inspect the root structure. If the gel2root doesn't work check out spike69, he has a super simple clone method. I haven't tried it yet but it works very well for him.

Langa, be sure to wrap the cups with something to block light. Roots don't like light,I cut off plastic cups and put the Gel2Root cup in that. it blocks the light and you can take it out to see the progress. Mine took about 2 wks to start roots but then they exploded with root growth. If you start seeds or clones in the party cups you can put it in a clear cup, then put that cup in a colored cup to block light and still be able to inspect the root structure. If the gel2root doesn't work check out spike69, he has a super simple clone method. I haven't tried it yet but it works very well for him.

ok will do i should of thought of that really but will do that straight away thanks, well since putting them in there they havent wilted at all they seem nice and perked up so maybe they like there new home :thanks:

That's what I like about the stuff,they seem to root a little slow but they look happy and healthy in that stuff.

It's cheap, only a few bucks. I used it again for some house plants an it worked but I don't know how much nutes were left in the gel. As cheap as it is you could use it one time and be well worth it. I became a believer in this stuff when I used it, but I have to mention Setting Sun had no luck with gel2root. He didn't give them much time though and is going to try a comparison of several kinds of cloning, including gel2root in his upcoming grow.

Gel2Root is a transparent, homogeneous gel, formulated for the rooting of cuttings of house, conservatory and outdoor softwood plants.

The product provides a clean, simple and reliable (table-top) technology and eliminates the need for rooting powder, watering and feeding.

Developing roots are clearly visible and potting on is at your convenience since rooted cuttings will survive for long periods in the gel. Gel2Root is novel, easy and fun to use and is both peat-free and pest-free

Gel2Root is a rooting medium specially manufactured for cuttings. It contains a rooting hormone to induce vigorous rooting, all the nutrients a cutting needs to enhance root growth and is phytosanitary, i.e. free from pests and disease.

Cuttings should be placed in a light, warm place (15-21°C or 55-70°F) but not in direct sunlight. The temperature at night should not drop below 10°C. During colder months avoid drawing curtains between cuttings on a window sill and the warmth in a room as this will discourage rooting
doesnt say anything about re-using though

Back
Top Bottom