Burmese Kush - CFL - First Time

Tall Girl is turning into a leaner... I considered chopping her, but I cut Shorty a little early, so I hope to keep the other plant late, to compare the highs.

So I strung her up. Not sure why she leaned so much and seems to have no life in her...

I cut off a bud that was about to fall. IT looks like clear trics, but as you all know, I don't know if I am doing it right. Tons of Amber on the sugar leaves, but the bud is mostly clear.

A lot of water leaves are hanging low. The lowest ones died.

It would be dry and ready tomorrow, so its either pull it to a dark room tomorrow, or water it one last time (5 days at least)

Ended up making some brownies from all the trim from both plants.

No popcorn buds, just trim (sugar leaves from the crowns)

I used 2/3 cup oil, as I knew some would get lost.

Way too strong brownies. My wife wigged out.

I made 10 brownies with 20 g of trim. We each ate one.

I felt high almost immediately, and it increased in strength for 3 hours, peaking at the 3 - 4 hour mark.

I still feel buzzed.

My wife kept freaking out, saying she couldn't breath and eventually threw up 4 times.

It turned out she had eaten almost nothing all day and snuck an extra half brownie while I stepped out to the store...

Considering she is half my weight and ate 50% more and didn't have any food in her stomach, she must have been super high.

Careful with your edibles.

One of the strongest highs I've ever had, from any drug.

Congrats on a good harvest man! I couldnt help but laugh at the tribulations of eating the brownies.. Lolz but i immediately stopped when ya got to the part where the wife got sick... Thats a bummer. Ya gotta take it easy at first. The high from medibles is definitely a horse of a different color. Well done on the successful grow. :goodjob: :lot-o-toke:

Thanks Stihl. She's feeling better now.

Just slept for 13 hours.

But only half a brownie for her from now on.

Tall plant was watered today, so she's in for another 5 days.

All other plants were watered today as well.

Lots of fungus gnats in the tent, more that ever before... I don't think they negatively affect anything, so I will just add an extra container of soapy water and maybe add a silk screen to another fan. That catches the most of them.

I had a module go out on a LED light. Hope the local hydro shop will swap it out on the spot, but I don't need it need it at the moment.

Buku Day 98 Flower present since 59 days ago.

Last plant. Watered today with plain water.

Leaves are still a bit droopy for having fresh water...

DSCN37155.JPG
DSCN37163.JPG
DSCN37101.JPG
DSCN37123.JPG
DSCN37143.JPG
DSCN37113.JPG

Man, sucks to lose a light, regardless of whether it's an immediate need or not.

Had two LED light failures in my first three months of growing. Thankfully just a couple burned up wires in both cases.

Buku Day 101 (2 days ago) Flower day 62 (since flowers present)

Finally harvested the last main one. The Tall girl.

Still have the clones to finish off for this journal, though.

The 62 days really paid off (looks like)

I realize now that the purpling leaves were nothing to be concerned with.

The tricomes get thicker and thicker the longer it lives.

So nice white coats and bigger looking buds that the other 2 plants.

I did not leave this or the other plant in the dark, just Paul Bunyon'd em' at 5am and hung the whole plant upside down.

Weights in a few days.

IMG_039242.JPG
IMG_039351.JPG
IMG_039542.JPG
IMG_039635.JPG
IMG_039739.JPG
IMG_039832.JPG
IMG_039934.JPG
IMG_040033.JPG
IMG_040243.JPG

Buku final harvest and total weight

The last plant possibly packed on some serious weight in the last week or 2.

Or it was just bigger then the others naturally.

Anyway:

Tall plant crownes: 43g Other good bud: 38g Popcorn: 17g Trim: 11g

So it had 81 grams of good buds. Almost 3 full oz.

If I had that much from each plant, I would have exceeded my goal of 8oz.

From left to right: popcorn, good bud, top crownes

IMG_040345.JPG
IMG_040438.JPG
IMG_040537.JPG
IMG_040634.JPG
IMG_040837.JPG
IMG_041038.JPG

Totals of all 3 plants:

Bud totals:

Tall: 81g
Medium: 45g
Shorty: 48g

174 g total : 6.2 oz

IMG_041236.JPG
IMG_041138.JPG

And then another 18, 20, and 17 g of popcorn: 55g or 2 oz

And then another 30 g of trim : 1 oz

So I guess I can say I made the half pound goal. Which is half of what the seed breeder says it will harvest.

If I ever take another shot at this plant, I bet I could get more out of em' with better veg trimming / training and longer times under the lights.

I am considering killing the clones. I have no use for all this product and the high is still making me too sleepy... I want room for Lemmy and Blue.

At first the high is stimulating and I go around doing stuff, and it can be a real head trip, but over a few hours it turns into nap time.

I guess that is what a 50/50 hybrid should be.

I might try a straight haze in the future, or another pure sativa.

A question about curing

My buds had a severe sweet corn cereal smell to them. Like Kix.

Now they are getting an aroma more flowery, but nothing as good as when they were on the actual plant.

It the change in smell a sign that I can stop the jar opening 2x a day?

Do most people start using Bovida now? At the start of curing?

The first plant I harvested, the medium one, still has the corn smell, but the later 2 have mostly a sweet floral smell.

Also, the leaves are darker green and less trichomes on the first plant.

I ended up putting 3 clones outside to see how they do. No lights, no air con... sounds too good to be true, but they look great after just a couple days!

A question about curing

My buds had a severe sweet corn cereal smell to them. Like Kix.

Now they are getting an aroma more flowery, but nothing as good as when they were on the actual plant.

It the change in smell a sign that I can stop the jar opening 2x a day?

Do most people start using Bovida now? At the start of curing?

The first plant I harvested, the medium one, still has the corn smell, but the later 2 have mostly a sweet floral smell.

Also, the leaves are darker green and less trichomes on the first plant.

I ended up putting 3 clones outside to see how they do. No lights, no air con... sounds too good to be true, but they look great after just a couple days!

Our method is to jar around 65-70% RH in 1 liter jars half full with no Boveda packs. We only have a single hygrometer right now so it gets moved between jars once a day while they are opened for an hour tops. Once we get it down to 59-60% we move them up to 1.9 liter jars with boveda packs, which are opened for around 10 minutes a day until they are two weeks from being jarred. After that we've been opening them no more than a couple times a week.

I'd read curing happens between 55-65, and once it drops below 55 you can't restart it. You can add moisture back in, but the curing part doesn't restart. I don't know if this is completely proven fact or not, just what I've read. So we wanted to make sure our jars never got below 55.

Hopefully someone comes along to advise you that has a little more experience. :)

So with that, I think this grow journal is ready to be closed.

Thanks everyone for your interest and assistance.

I hope others can learn about the growth of BUKU by reading this journal.

It was easy to grow. Took around 42 days to reach maturity from seed, and about 9 weeks to flower, being 15 weeks in total.

Needed average amounts of nutes and water and light. Nothing special. They were 2', 3', and 4', so all different sizes.

Cloned easily.

The high is great, but just too sedative for me. Pressure in the back of the head, front too. Lack of motivation in my life since smokin' it... I am sure it has its uses for some, but not for me...

Oh great Mods that be, the title of this should have been LED, not CFL, as I used LEDs for most of the grow. I was told to ask at the end...

Guess I forgot to hit the caution to close the journal.

The clones ended up with about an ounce of weed between the 6 of em'.

Guess I didn't let them grow back enough.

Those brownies from a few weeks ago are still super strong. One bite, and 3 hours later when they peak, I'm wishing I hadn't...

So I might try hash making or something, but I don't know. I have a lot of popcorn / trim.

This strain is considered to be a medium THC / CBD strain, but just a bite or a big hit, even after weeks of use, still feels too strong in a narcotic way...

Great plant to grow. Nice work, seed breeders!

Back
Top Bottom