From my very limited amount of studying into aquaponics, I don't believe you add any additional nutes to the water. The purpose of the fish are to transform the harmful bacteria into nitrogen, and other helpful all natural nutrients. In fact, I kinda think that's the point of going to aquaponics is not having to use over the counter nutes.

I really haven't looked into that but saw a very quick clip on it. Im sticking to the basics im a newbie!

Yeah I don't think that is a newb thing that is just being smart.

You can have a method nailed and then you try a strain that works very different and throws you into a head spin. So unless you are sticking in a rut doing the exact same thing you will want to always take baby steps and adjust things slowly. It takes years to get "great" yields. Many people never get there and are fine with good yield an product.

Stick to the basics until you have it working then you can try advanced techniques. But Aquaponics done correctly takes a huge space which most cannabis growers are not willing to dedicate to the fish.

So last night i noticed a nute burn ever so slightly on some of the tips. Its almost not even noticeable to the eye unless you get up real close and look doesnt even come out in pictures. I just got my Sili armor and was wondering should i add that in or wait til the nute burn is fixed. What i did this morning was top off the dwc and check the ph after that and was (ph5.7) and ppm was 400. Any advice is welcomed and dearly needed. thanks guys

I'm my completely unprofessional opinion, you did fine. I've had the same problem...came up with the same solution...it fixed it. Hope it's that simple for you

What strain is it? 1 Sour Diesel 1 AK-47

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Various

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? From seed about a month out

If in Veg... For how long? 2weeks

If in Flower stage... For how long? NA

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Secret Jardin L90
Soil or Hydro? Hydro

If soil... what is in your mix?

Size of light? Mars Hydro 300w true 150w

Is it aircooled? NO

Temp of Room/cab? Various

RH of Room/cab?

PH of media or res? 5.5-6.0 range

Any Pests? No

How often are you watering? Topping DWC as needed doing water change 7-10 days using Distilled water. Can find RO locally.

Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydro ponics. Flora/bloom/micro/sili/cal-mag

Hey brother Village the thing is im new and only doing this based on what i read so technically i dont know the right thing. I did add a small amount of Armor Sili after reading up some more. This morning i can say made those happy over night. I cant even find a light yellow tip anywhere. I aslo think my Sour Dee is very happy. She is what i think forming her third or fourth node. Can someone help me with topping based on pics i post i dont want to mess up the topping my first time out. thanks in advance...

So its the the third nod that you pinch off and throw out? And a node is the levels of leaves on the steam correct. So if on the stem from the medium in one set of leaves a right side and left then a little space up the steam then the same set of leafs is node to then after node two three comes out. Do you clip the third or fourth node and do you wait for it to fully develope or as its growing out of the top just clip it off?

So in general topping is easy and wont hurt but you mustn't do it too soon. You want to wait until you have 3 full big sets of leaves, whatever that means (could mean more than 4 nodes). A node is where the fan leaves and branches come out of (technically where the branch grows from).

Some times you can get real tight nodal density and need to wait a bit to top.

Side_Cropped.jpg

Most people top the main stem and a few more branches along the way. There are many techniques including supper cropping and FIMing (look this stuff up on youtube). Many people go hog wild taking out tops.

Each top makes a flower. Each top you take out will in most cases grow 2 more making 2 flowers.

I personally like to do a technique most don't like where I take it off just under the top leaving as much stem to the previous node as possible. it isn't pretty but it concentrates the hormones used to heal the wound as far away from the new branches as possible helping it grow faster. The hormones released to heal damage slows grow locally. in this way when you take out the top of a plant lower branches will grow faster.

:goodluck:

UPDATE: Change my water today and added a DIY CO2 and a 10 gallon dwc up from a 3.5g. So now im running roughly 4-4.5 gallons per plant.

Nutes: GH- Veg/micor/sili/cal-mag :morenutes:
Ph- 5.6
Ppm- 525

Mars Hydro 300w true 150 LED Light is 21'' above plants.

Temp: Daily day 73-79 Night 67-73 avg.

Humidity: 45-75% daily

My DIY CO2 which i set up today.
c023.jpg

New DWC 10gallon as per Village advice.

newsetup5.jpg

Sour Dee....What node is that coming out of the top? Is it the 4th?

SourDezil.jpg

image36317

Might be able to tell more in this picture. From here how long should i expect to wait to top this girl?

image36317.jpg

AK-47 at 3rd node? See one of the two CO2 lines venting right out near my temp gauge.

Ak4728.jpg

They seem to be doing good from what i can tell being this is my first go around. I hope with the help from you guys it will be worth it. I know its hard and most dont have a good go the first time but im willing to put the effort in.

:rollit::420::rollit:

I bet you could drop that light down to 18 inches no problem. Do it slowly like 3 inches a day but you should be in much tighter I would say.

WhAt do you mean much tighter?

18 inches....you can bring that light in but I would do it slowly just about 3 inches a day ad make sure it doesn't hurt the plants.

Ok I'll drop her down as you said. Do you think these plant stretched or do they look normal size. I'm exactly one month from seed

Update:

Plants are doing very well this second week in the 10g DWC. Feeding them and water change every week and adjusting the ppm to 500-8000 range as needed and ph as well between 5.5-6.0. Ill try and get more pictures up but this is one for now.

image36439.jpg

The Lovely lady on the right is Miss Sour Diesel and the Tough looking guy on the left is Mr AK-47, lol yes i named them. Hey these are my very first children =)

Yeah 500 is way too high for that age and it shows. They are showing nitrogen overdosing. If you pull WAY back like down to 300 or so they will grow faster and healthier. I wouldn't really try to be much over 250 at that age but I let the res tell me what to do. you can't go by a label feeding schedule unless you have a big time pro setup and have everything dialed as that is what the feeding charts are dialed in for. They don't put charts out there for small micro grows running small lights in a small space with less than ideal environmental controls.

Even great setups don't need to go over 800PPM at the very peak of growth. Many do but typically it is unnecessary. Usually you need to know what you are doing to maintain that well. But most feeding schedules wont really recommend going over about 800 unless you are really pushing the photosynthesis. You don't have near that many leaves yet.

Back
Top Bottom