First time growing indoor!

cptmorgan420

So I'm at my 4th week of growing indoors, i have a nice 1.5x1.5x2m tent setup.
Was running a 110watt light for the first 3.5 weeks, now have purchased a 600watt.

My current medium involves:
Soil- 50%
perlite- 30%
peat moss- 10%
coco coir- 10%

I think everything is running nice and smooth, yet i may be wrong seeing as this is my first time.
I just transplanted from the smaller bottles/pots into larger ones.
I have also changed my light cycle to 12x12 instead of 18-6

Is this too much strain on the plants?
image1-2.JPG
image3-2.JPG
image1-3.JPG

Looking forward to any help at all please, would be greatly appreciated to ease my process.

I would say that the worst you can expect is your plants stall for 3-7 days and then carry on lol. They look good to me.

Looking good so far :Namaste:

Might be a good idea to keep an eye on temperature & humidity also another suggestion is to get a fan some sort of oscillating type to blow air around the plants/canopy.

Thanks heaps for the feedback guys!

I have a temperature in the soil which is around the 28 degrees celsius mark , but not right above the plant. So will def get onto that soon. As well as raising the light a bit too.

Just had a massive look at your journal Professor, regarding the mainlining, and now i can't stop reading. You sir really know your shit.
I will be noting most of the ideas you have used in the procedure and attempt to implicate them on my own.

Although, the whole idea of a massive top does scare me i have to say haha
Im used to only cutting a very small amount off at the peak.

Will 100% sub, looking forward to some new crazy ideas. Might even give the tea a go myself. Im not the best when it comes to nutes.

Yeah might have to give it a go on one of my babies.

Also what deficiency do you think this is with one of my plants?

Got me stressing out a bit

image374.jpeg
image373.jpeg

At first i thought it looked like a little bit of nutrient burn...

But i'm not sure if you are feeding you plants yet or dosage of nutrients used so far & if so ?

If you not feeding it could be an early sign of a def occurring but not clear which one in till it progress's.

Just a guide line chart :thumb:
leavedeficiencies22.jpg

Thanks heaps guys.

yeah i have been misting the plants, i saw in another thread that misting the plant may create burn spots.
If that is the case, whats the best way to bring the leaves back to full health.. if there even is one besides cutting them off.

also just to be sure, i gave the plants a touch of Calmax too.

Ive currently got my plants on the Nutrifield veg igniter, and the root nectar, and thats all for the moment. Dosage would be about 15-20mls of each every 3-4 days.

Thanks heaps guys.

yeah i have been misting the plants, i saw in another thread that misting the plant may create burn spots.
If that is the case, whats the best way to bring the leaves back to full health.. if there even is one besides cutting them off.

also just to be sure, i gave the plants a touch of Calmax too.

Ive currently got my plants on the Nutrifield veg igniter, and the root nectar, and thats all for the moment. Dosage would be about 15-20mls of each every 3-4 days.

Once damage is done it is more or less permanent but if nutrient burn is a problem it may progress further so keep an eye on em for a while yet... it may just mean cutting back on nutrient dosage.

Why i think this...

It looks like you have recently potted up into larger pots more likely using fresh growing medium compost/soil etc which may contain a base level of nutrients already in the medium which is in general good/last for several weeks, coupled with additional nutrients feed which may lead to nutrient burn symptoms.

Sounding good ?

If so lay off the veg/grow nutrients for a while but more than likely just get away with the root nectar stuff.

Feeding once a week for soil/compost should be reasonable fine in veg stage.

Thanks for the spot fuzzy,
Yeah that would probably make sense, a tonne of base level nutrients in the new soil.
I haven't used any nufrients apart from calcium in about 5 days now and it's already starting to look a lot healthier.
I've also turned my cycle back a little to 15-9, just to get some more hours in for the veg stage. And at the same time slowly determine the sex.

Thanks for the spot fuzzy,
Yeah that would probably make sense, a tonne of base level nutrients in the new soil.
I haven't used any nufrients apart from calcium in about 5 days now and it's already starting to look a lot healthier.
I've also turned my cycle back a little to 15-9, just to get some more hours in for the veg stage. And at the same time slowly determine the sex.

Good to hear a positive result :thumb:

Mmm determine sex ah... with regular or feminized seeds this may take several weeks on average for pre flowers to show in veg.

How ever the size of the plant could be a problem if left to veg for to long aka the stretch period during the first few weeks of flowering !

This would depend on total height of the grow area & safe hanging distance between bulb plus plant top canopy.

Indica dominate strains normally double in size so a 12 inch plant may end up 24 inch tall as an example.

Sativa dominate strains normally triple in in size so a 12 inch plant may end up 36 inch tall as an example.

Most strains these days are hybrids which may have a greater % of dominate genetics from either indica/sativa depending on their breeding so total height/stretch may lead to the dominate genetics.

Just a rule of a thumb guide tho.

Back to feeding...

As we are largely sure the compost has some form of nutrients already in it which are good for several weeks on average.

It is more likely not worth using veg nutrients just yet or for the first few weeks or so in till a little bit expended & perhaps towards late veg use a dosage around 1/4 to 1/2 of suggested rate of application to keep things ticking over.

I'm pretty sure you will fine with cal/mag stuff & the root nectar as this is more likely just micro nutrients plus very low NPK ratio.

Myself i don't use veg/grow nutrients much at all or very little of em... as the compost i use has nutrients in it, i'm not to sure what tho but mainly suspect NPK it has EC value of EC 2.2 suggest it is pretty hot also being organic rated... slightly harder to get nutrient burn problems with organic stuff than other synthetic/chemical salt based nutrients.

I just use a root complex nutrients mainly micro nutrients & some other stuff in it like amino acids etc at a reduced rate like 1/4 to 1/2 rate of application depending on size of the plant !

I'm normally all wrapped up for flowering in 6 weeks from seed sprouting tho but some times 8 weeks by then i may add reduce rate of veg/grow nutrients & only feeding once a week.

What works for me may not work for others ?

A slightly different routine than one might expect, but ye watch 'n' learn, observe your plants through all stages aka learn how to read them... time & experience will teach you :Namaste:

What sorta organic nutrients would you portly recommend fuzzy?
I am a huge fan of the organic method, and would love to implicate it on this indoor grow.

Have you used any tea/molasses methods before?

I would love to use less nutrients, but at the same time i would rather a HUGE dense yield, rather than fluffy buds that weigh less because of the lack of nutrients.

But thats just me assuming that it would be a less yield without using any nutrients.

I've only ever used Biobizz organic nutrients in the past with pretty good results, i was not over keen on their grow/veg nutrients & preferred the fish mix for vegging with.

I do suggest using a micro nutrient as well but a cheaper option is cold pressed seaweed nutrients.

I can not comment on other brands as it is largely depends on what is available in your part of woods so to speak .

Mmm yup used teas/molasses before & can be a little bit smelly making it, i'm sure their is lots of info on this through out the forums with a little bit of looking around with lots people having good success, i would not more likely use it as a stand alone feed of nutrients tho...

Might be worth while looking into super soils or high brix methods an interesting subject :thumb:

Ye lots of soil amendments with most of these soil/compost mixes may require a couple of months worth sitting around aka cooking (slang) for the microrganism to start breaking down amendments etc for the plant to use.

I'm not over keen on some rock dusts tho as it takes years for it to break down... hardly seems worth while for indoor growing when most plants are down in a 3 to 5 month period on average.

It is quite a big area to look at :jawdropper:

Ye i've played around with most aspects of what is mentioned above for a couple of years & organic methods work perfectly fine, i just found sorting out defs took a little bit longer to recover from in my own experience but a well prepared organic soil mix can help improve results.

I must admit i now use salt based nutrients these days for soil/compost growing but looking at giving up soil/compost growing soon & move onto hydroponic system more likely NFT.

I might have to try out that biobizz stuff and see how it works for me.
Generally here in Australia, its a little harder to find some good quality nutrients, unless you're willing to pay BIG money for it.

When you say you use salt based, would that be similar to adding in some epson salts?
I have actually been thinking about adding in a bit in my grow.

As for my grow at the moment, I've been adding a touch of calcium-sulphate and it cleared the issue of the deficiency right up.

Although, at the moment i think i have a bit of a fungus issue. Cant be certain though.
Ill add in a picture of one of the leaves, so all the help would be great.

IMG_121332.JPG
IMG_121222.JPG
IMG_121125.JPG
IMG_121027.JPG

Apart from that one little issue with a few leaves getting a bit of yellowy stuff on it, the ladies are looking great.

Mmm nutrients are the worth the dosh it is all about the end result !

Perhaps brand name stuff 'n' related cost but might be a bit cheaper to find some thing in a gardening store/center etc

Some of those pic's appear to show defs a bit hard to tell with the hps effecting pic quality may be you could some pic's under natural lighting to help out.

Hey everyone!
Haven't posted in a while. The grow is going pretty amazingly right now. No signs of any major deficiencies anymore and the leaves are looking very healthy.

ALTHOUGH!
I now have a very serious gnat fly issue. And I have no idea how to a) stop them and b)keep them from coming back.
I'm in need of some help pleaaaase.
image1066.jpeg
image1065.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom