First timer, 10 days into flower thinking about a trellis...

tallboy2023

My 2 plants have exploded in stretch. Canopy has gotten totally out of control. I'm thinking about gently tying down the taller branches and making everything even down to the shortest bud sites. Then lowering my net/trellis down on top of the new canopy. Then untying everything. I feel like this would do less damage than trying to lower the net over the taller branches and weaving them through the holes. Does my idea make sense?

It makes sense but it would be easier to do a basic "Super Cropping" or sometimes called "Supercropping" and tying those branches down so they don't straighten back up.

ScrOG is nice looking and has its advantages but I found it easier to weave the branches before flowering instead of after the stretch started.

Give a thought to the Supercropping method.

I did a bunch of super cropping and LST throughout veg. I ended up with a shit load of branches and bud sites. Are you suggesting I actually snap the branches again Kushman chiropractic style or just tie them down to spread out the branches and even up the canopy?

Soften the stem and bend them over till you get that soft snap. When I have had the occasional tall stem during the stretch phase it was what I did. I notice that it is what Royal Queen Seeds is recommending.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/blog-bigger-cannabis-yields-with-super-cropping-n815

I found it easier to do that than work with a ScrOG screen once the plants were in flower. One thing that made it easier was that I could see and direct the bent over top to the area that had the least amount of competition for light. If the ScrOG was already set up there were fewer choices in where the bent over branch could go.

Trellis is in. I think it's going to work out just fine 👍🏼

B475F0FB-6684-44DE-AA7A-95D572F46F45.jpeg

324C524C-C274-41FF-A51A-ED4662AB1874.jpeg

CC66FA12-5F67-49F4-A57E-29871092348D.jpeg

Trellis is in. I think it's going to work out just fine 👍🏼

B475F0FB-6684-44DE-AA7A-95D572F46F45.jpeg

324C524C-C274-41FF-A51A-ED4662AB1874.jpeg

CC66FA12-5F67-49F4-A57E-29871092348D.jpeg
Looks pimpin'. When I use trellis this is how i usually do it. I never weave....more or less use it to flatten em out. Then I keep training during stretch a bit. Just let em grow through. Trellis is more or less support then.

Back
Top Bottom