First timer here

SheGrows03

Hi All! Glad to be here! Hopefully you more experienced lot can help me out. I'll give you a quick run down of what I've got on the go.

Long story short, I ended up with a single seed from a strain I really enjoyed. Was during the time I was starting my vegetables indoors so I figured I'd give it a shot. Before I knew it the little bugger had sprouted and began to grow quickly!

Fast forward a few months(summer in Alberta Canada). Kept my little "Jeff"(had no knowledge of male/female plants at the time of naming it) in vegetative state until September 3. Had done some reading and spoke to a few people of knowledge and decided it was time to change the light. He's now been on 12/12 since then. Wanted some opinions as to if he may be ready for decapitation ..

About Jeff:
The seed came from a cheese strain
(Afghan Kush x Super Skunk)
I've only used miracle grow soil and room temp bottled water. No added nutrients whatsoever.
Jeff suffered a minor incident when I was moving the light up, I dropped one side and it snapped the stem right in half. I snipped the broken bit and hoped for the best.

Keep in mind, I'm so new to growing every little bit boggles my mind. I created my own little grow space (emphasis on the little) and it seems to be working not to shabby.

So if you're still with me through all my jibber jabber, my questions to you bunch are as follows:

How soon should I cut Jeff down?
How much do you think he'll yield?

Thanks in advance! All comments welcome, even if it's a sarcastic jab .
420-magazine-mobile1964149729.jpg
420-magazine-mobile67164868.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1802063649.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1643200120.jpg

Hello and welcome to :420:

To get an understanding on when you can cut your plant down you should no about the difference in trichomes.

trichomes25.JPG

If you can get a jewelers loupe magnifier, this will determain your harvest.

Most strains take around 8-9 weeks to develop so you could be very near, remember that the last few weeks your buds will add ripen and add weight.

Yield i cant tell you, you may have just over an ounce but its your first time and most new growers average around that figure, but its all about quality and i think this plant will have quality, if cured properly for a few months.

You could always lower that light a lot more for more light penetration.

I must say for being in mirricle grow soil and no nutrients through out you have done a great job, well done!

Hello and welcome to :420:

To get an understanding on when you can cut your plant down you should no about the difference in trichomes.

trichomes25.JPG

If you can get a jewelers loupe magnifier, this will determain your harvest.

Yield i cant tell you, you may have just over an ounce but its your first time and most new growers average around that figure, but its all about quality and i think this plant will have quality, if cured properly for a few months.

I must say for being in mirricle grow soil and no nutrients through out you have done a great job, well done!

Thanks so much!
I read a lot about the trichomes and have been trying to keep a close eye on them. From what I can tell, they seem to be clear/cloudy but at what ratio I haven't a clue!
I'd be surprised if I even got that amount, however looking forward to enjoying my work.

I was afraid to use any sort of nutrients being a first timer. Figured it was safer not to mess with them, ain't nobody like their cannabis tasting like chemicals wasn't sure of proper amounts or flushing, so I winged it without!

Thanks again for your input. Looking forward to the end of this grow and the beginning of the next. Next time however, I'll be sure to document weekly to gain constructive criticism throughout!

Oh! Also, when I first transplanted the seedling I added cow shit with the miracle grow and transplanted once more after that to the pot it's in now with more soil.

420-magazine-mobile1970620560.jpg

The smallest harvest ever haha!
I harvested Jeff this evening.
All hung up and drying out.

Will keep you posted on the final dry bud.
I doubt I'll end up with much more than a half oz dry.

Stay tuned!

20170918_062654.jpg

Jeff meet dale aka sr.
It was hard not to call her dale because she had 3 finger leaves that grew pretty big weird looking cut some clones off as sure enough 3 finger ed leaves but I call her sr. Now she's ruff and tough and will put you in the wall haha
Looks good she grows

Back
Top Bottom