First Timer! Small Spaces, Big Hopes!

Thanks Smokey...I just saw some pics of roots, in fact. The pictures seemed like nice and healthy roots were growing out the sides and bottom of the net pot while the plant was on its third node, only a few inches vertical growth yet....

Should I be worried about how many roots, or lack thereof, coming from the net pot - so long as the plant seems healthy? Right now there are maybe 5 root hairs coming from the bottom of each pot, and one is doing better than the others with a few thicker ones to add. I think Im overthinking...I think... :smokin: So...

My main ladies don't deal with this problem :)...at least not on such a sensitive scale.

Topped
092110112233.jpeg

Blue Diesel
092110112146.jpeg

Auto Blue Diesel...wilted looking - but firm where growing, I did top each of the white widows already in hopes of two main stalks shooting from the base. I did this successfully with one of the girls but not sure how that one will turn out. Res change last night with 1.5 tsp GH micro and 1.5 tsp GH gro and 1 tsp cal-mag.
092110112133.jpeg

092110112041.jpeg

These two needed to be flowered...they were really asking me for it! (politely of course since these girls were raised in a well-mannered family) :thumb: day 1 for them!
092110111232.jpeg

This is them ^^^ before 36 hrs dark period leading into 12/12 lighting schedule
092010105706.jpeg

These little ones are now on day 5 and showing all the healthy signs I'm looking for. Ill post those later on :)
0916100122481.jpeg

I seem to have a lot of extra energy...why not put it to use right?!

These girls are all on about 5.5 weeks veg. I do say, though, they have been transplanted at different times for space efficiency and lack of a real timeframe (not saying that in a bad way). Soon they will go to 12/12 - just waiting for the topping areas to really get some healthy growth going again.
092110112535.jpeg

if I could better pic of this I would, its kind of a spiral design with the stalk.
092110112511.jpeg

092110112450.jpeg

Bushy babies!
092110112409.jpeg

092110112344.jpeg

092110112325.jpeg

Mama, the one and only, so far......
092110112258.jpeg

Jesus. I thought you said small spaces? How many plants do you have altogether now?

Props on the Deep Water Culture setup, I've been keen to give it a try after reading Roseman's info. Is it as easy as you said it is?

:welcome: fwesH!

I read Roseman's tutorial a few times. I also checked out several several other journals and tutorials as well as visiting many commercial hydro websites to get an idea of what is going on out there!

I suppose its not as small of a setup as most on here saying they have small spaces, but I was just considering each area of growth is small IMO. There are 16 plants rooted and growing, and 6 clones Im waiting on now. Clones are at 5 days today and seem to be doing well. 4 plants are in the bubbles and the others are soil bound :) I have 10 White Widow germinating now because the veg area will be cleared to flower very very soon (tomorrow or next couple days for sure) Thats when I start the real bubbles, as the new seeds will go into that. Goal is perpetually harvesting. The hardest part of the bubbles is changing the reservoir. Its heavy and bulky and I haven't tweeked anything to just siphon with a water pump...I feel like using a pump later on will get me problems witht he root balls once they get huge so I figure I wont even get used to using the pump. Everything else, though, is maintenance free so far and the girls are quite lively! I strongly suggest it! I may suggest just two plants per tub, though, just to maximize growth...who knows

Northern Lights(7), Sour Cream(2), and Sharksbreath (1) total flowering at the moment. Clones are showing new growth...going to be close to 6/6 success this round! I dunno why...was just thinking I guess - too much.

Ill germ 10 WW seeds and that way I force myself to continue with the perpetual thing...I figured it was about the right thing to do because I felt uneasy about it...and thats how things go mostly - I feel that thing in my gut that says 'right choice'. Now I have complications with space... (and on a side note the power bill was quite a bit higher with the veg room and a week of flower...little uneasy about continuing with such mounting kWh...am I right to worry much about this? (if I can afford it)

Also, kinda on the energy topic. What is affordable to some of you all out there? Is that too personal a qestion? PM is welcome, also...Im just curious and would like to get feedback or talk with someone about it :) Both flower areas are going and that includes two 600w lamps and two 4"178cfm fans and one window a/c unit going 12/12...

Staying heavily medicated lately and seems to help me desire to screw around in the garden(s) much :hookah:

Thanks ffgZ!!! I really appreciate it. I've put a lot of hard work and effort and extra elbow grease into these girls and they are maturing quite well. They almost don't need me to hold their hand anymore...just take my credit cards and leave for days on end! haha...I guess the credit card could mean...water?
New babies coming into the picture soon...the perpetual thing is going to be nice once Im situated, and until then it is going to be...and proven to be so far...a big big long extended journey that I am having to be the most patient I've ever had to be for anything!:tokin: like I said...heavily medicated haha :cool: chillin.........

Thanks endive! Being my first time and all, I've never seen the potential growth plants go thru...except for whats shown in the journals here. Im quite excited...but not holding them to any certain yield...what comes is what comes...I'd certainly like to pay off what I have invested thus far, though. Anywho...positive vibes completely saturate this haven here for the ladies!:hookah:

do they look like cotton ball tops yet? mine are on day 8 and i can see some hairs already. So exciting

word ffgZ...cotton, though, wouldn't be the first description to hit my mind. I really haven't compared them to anything...I gotta get creative...its almost been totally scientific....extremely relaxed on the creativity side...I gotta have fun, to! Thats all with time...I like to get a grasp of what I'm doing then turn it up a notch.

Back
Top Bottom