@Ms Stank
Thanks. The MaKong Haze / Super lemon was germinated almost a week after the others and just took off. It's quite hard getting a good picture of the top of the plant. I do honestly think I dident cut them low enough when I first did it. Only because when I was doing my second grow I had someone show me how to do it. Both heads started right away.

So my next question is would it be ok for me to try it again and hopefully I don't "fim" but do lol. Or would topping and cloneing be a better approach?

@Advocate420

Honestly these are the only lights I've used to grow for all stages. There a good sized light but you do need to keep them relitivly close. Personally I think I could have my lights closer but not all my plants are the right size and currently I don't want to spend more money on my room as the amount of bud I got from my last two grows still dosent compensate for the money I spent on it. I get it's really not an expensive fix but I'd rather work on other methods and other ways of growing before I buy or make tables for each plant.

View media item 1533958

Hey peeps. Another busy week but plants are doing great. This went from every couple of days taking care of these little girl to a daily project. I feel some light adjustment is in order. Lemme know what you think. The front two plants are strawberry cough and northern lights. Back two are super lemon haze and maybe a makong haze.

First off, your plants are doing great!

You have many options at this point. My theory would be to remove some of those lower fan leaves that are blocking potential bud sites and take clones from the lower branches that are having trouble keeping up with your canopy. Keep LST going on the faster growing branches and try to keep everything as level at the top of the canopy as you can. No need to get carried away with the defoliation, remove leaves as needed for now.

@HoBrah808
I know fan leaves are what allow the plant to grow so I always get cautious when it comes to taking them off. Is there a scale I should go by or would I be ok to leave just a couple around the cola part of the branches?

There are different schools of thought on that but I only remove the fan leaves that I absolutely have to in order to unblock the lower bud sites and get some airflow through the plant. I will do that as needed, usually only a few leaves at a time. My only heavy defoliation comes a few weeks after the switch, when the plant's growth slows way down and those big fan leaves are no longer as vital.

Forgot to tag

@Ms Stank @HoBrah808

@George Mc

I found your post the other day and was wondering if you have any input about my lighting as you use the same sorta method.

Thanks.
MB, I use a thousand watt LED, not fluorescent. Thanks for the tag, I didn't think anybody ever looks at my grow Journal.

When I defol, I unblock potential bud sites and generally open things up for better air circulation and light penetration. I do heavier defols in veg, leaving the larger fan leaves on the upper portion of each stem....so long as they aren't blocking other bud sites. Your plants look lush! Keep up the good work!

@George Mc

I've also got an LED light. I'm just wondering how close your light sits to your plants. Where's the sweet spot on a 1000w LED
I believe I had the light as close as 18 in. I think I burned my plants because of it. I'm going to try to keep it at 24 to 30 in. In about 2 months I'm going to run out of tent space so I will take down the tent and hang the light from the ceiling. That will give me an additional 16 to 20 in of height to play with.

Back
Top Bottom