Nice defoliation, you really opened up the middle of your plants. Keep training those branches, try to keep that canopy as even as you can. That gives those lower bud sites a fighting chance.

You need a lot of light intensity to get those little bud sites at the bottom (pic #1) to produce. These gals need more and more as they go from veg to flower stage. But let them recover from your defoliation and see where they are at in a couple days. You should see some good growth. Also, be careful not to get carried away with the water/nutes. It's natural to want to water/feed them when you think the growth is going slow, but lower light intensity means less demand for water and nutes from your plants.

Stay patient, keep up the good work and level out that canopy as best you can.

Pomaika'i!

I second HoBrah....give them a while to recover from the defol and see how they respond now that they are exposed to more light. You can keep doing light defols on leaves that are blocking potential bud sites.

Your girls are looking great!

@HoBrah808 @Ms Stank

Update:

View media item 1566656
View media item 1566657
View media item 1566658
So I tried making some clones out of the strawberry cough and mckong / super lemon. It's been one day in the green house and they don't look to good to me. First two times I tired cloneing it was a 100% success rate last two times it was a 0% and I feel like I'm going for 0% once again. Also I feel like I over watered my plants, some leaves are yellow with brown spots and the leaves are pointing up.

Working on a "diy" carbon filter for the air.

Also wondering if I should get stronger lights as these plants have been growing for 4 months and from what I've seen on other forums that's not very good.

Are you flipping to flower stage soon? An HPS light would do wonders for your yield.

Easy way to check for over-watering is to stick your finger about an inch deep into the soil. If it's wet/moist, they don't need water.

On the clones, they look very long. My clones have no more than three sets of leaves plus the top. I trim off the bottom two sets of leaves to get a good stem and save one set of leaves and the top part as the clone. Make sure the rockwool is moist but not soaking wet (I don't use rockwool btw, too many water logged cuttings). I also scrape the stems and use a light coat of rooting gel, but that is optional. The clones need high humidity, warm temps and subdued lighting for 7-14 days, then roots should be poking out.

And don't worry about other grows, just concentrate on yours. Treat them right and they will pay you back in kind.

@HoBrah808

I wasent planning on flipping the lights until my plants got around 4-5 ft but I feel like it's going to take forever.

Also I left the irrigation on long enough that the floor was a little flooded. But I think they'll be fine with in the week.

As for clones I ended up clipping the really tall middle branches and some of the smaller branches.

Once you flip to flower stage, your plants will grow quite a bit for a few weeks. Sometimes double in height. But you are correct about getting more light in there, that will help with growth as well.

@HoBrah808

When would you say I should flip the switch? Plants started at the beginning of march. So it's been almost 4 months.

Also I haven't gotten to the full potency of my nutrience for veg stage. Yes I realize I should of used it earlier and they'd probably be doing better but should I wait until I hit full potency or just switch to the flowering nutrience?

In your situation, it comes down to three things.

First thing, make sure the plants are healthy.
If yes, ask yourself if you want to take more clones.
If not, then decide if you are going to increase the lighting.
If not, then you are good to go at any time.

If you do plan on adding lighting or want to take more clones, then wait until after you do that. Either way, I would say soon...

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

@HoBrah808 @Ms Stank @Amadeus Forzin

Well ^ all is not well. I over watered my plants a little while back and they never recovered. I haven’t been on here much as my old phone couldn’t take anymore pictures and to be honest I’m quite embarrassed with my babies.

Anyways here’s an update...
04D27380-B750-42AA-819D-41E8A0D10BAD.jpeg
3870563C-1F0E-4555-82A4-D4DA15171046.jpeg
62E5A1C1-F8E5-4468-B6CB-B9C471C7F7C2.jpeg
3738C39C-1B59-430F-B1E1-DEAE4B4BE098.jpeg
26427162-39A2-43AB-8524-F23E33D017E6.jpeg

Ouch! Ah man, that's a kick in the nuts...

Only thing you can do is remember the things you did right, correct your mistakes and try again. Sorry it took such a bad turn on ya.

Dang, what a bummer, Moose. I hope this doesn't dissuade you from trying again. Great and painful lessons learned with this grow - I bet your next one will be a winner!!

Back
Top Bottom