FiveToMidnight's First Grow - Coco/Perlite - NL - MarsHydro 300W LED - 2015

When a problem is present and I can't identify it within a week at most, I flush to bring it back to a baseline and it gives you almost a restart. I'd then feed at 1/4 strength then see if the problem persists. That seems to be about the simplest way to fix the problem. You may not edentify what was originally the problem but when the plant gets bigger, it's easier to tell what's wrong because you can see more parts of the plant that are affected since it's bigger. That's my 2 cents but I've learned this from most of the bigger grow guys.

When in doubt, flush it out!

When a problem is present and I can't identify it within a week at most, I flush to bring it back to a baseline and it gives you almost a restart. I'd then feed at 1/4 strength then see if the problem persists. That seems to be about the simplest way to fix the problem. You may not edentify what was originally the problem but when the plant gets bigger, it's easier to tell what's wrong because you can see more parts of the plant that are affected since it's bigger. That's my 2 cents but I've learned this from most of the bigger grow guys.

When in doubt, flush it out!

Thanks for the tips grouchy, I will be sure to try that if skybounds suggestions don't fix the issue.

I hope this makes the girls feel better 5! Sky, grizz, and grouchy know what their talking about so I'm sure it will! Best of luck with the lucas formula. I was planning on using it but it's giving me 2nd guess now lol.

Thanks Camo! Really hoping I come home this arvo to see some happy healthy girls again. I miss the way they looked last week lol
As for lucas, I wont be using it for the next grow. I think it will be easier to use the normal advertised formula with all three parts

Ppm that's high,

So mix your nutes, with what sky bound suggested, then dilute a little with plain water, so you have correct ratios with lower ppm...

So mix your nutes, with what sky bound suggested, then dilute a little with plain water, so you have correct ratios with lower ppm...

Good idea. Will try that when I get home. Wish it was easier to get distilled water here though, I'm going through quite a bit of it

I use tap water that runs through a filter...

I want to reiterate my "feelings" regarding my knowledge of the way I grow, but please give more credence to fellow coco growers or Lucas users, but for me, I NEVER exceed 600ppm in veg so apply if applicable to coco.

Also, I don't condone the Flora series 3 part more than the Lucas 2 part as I know GH nutes (in my experience) is not without there own problems so it might be best to stick to your guns. Just apply yourself to learning how the various elements are used in our plants and also familiarize yourself (not memorize) with common deficiencies and toxicities as you'll likely run into other problems as the time goes on. Also, if I had to guess, I'd bet you're more likely to run into a toxicity problem than a deficiency as (IMO) you're running your regimen a bit on the high side, but once again, confer with others that grow with your methods. The reason I suggest learning common elements usage is so you can not only spot problems according to growth, but also adjust your Lucas components to remedy. As a rule of thumb, all plants consume a lot of N for veg, but then they need progressively less in bloom and only then do P & K become more needed. etc etc etc. Pickup whatever knowledge ya can, whenever ya can!

Stainless res,drips trough a ceramic filter to bottom res....

I am curious too, cause I will be using tap water and do not want to buy a $200 ro filter or constantly buy distilled /ro water.

I was thinking on using a filter of some sort and letting it sit for 24 hours. Hopefully that'll be good enough

I may give that a try too. Just not sure how I will know if it is good to use or not.

I want to reiterate my "feelings" regarding my knowledge of the way I grow, but please give more credence to fellow coco growers or Lucas users, but for me, I NEVER exceed 600ppm in veg so apply if applicable to coco.

Also, I don't condone the Flora series 3 part more than the Lucas 2 part as I know GH nutes (in my experience) is not without there own problems so it might be best to stick to your guns. Just apply yourself to learning how the various elements are used in our plants and also familiarize yourself (not memorize) with common deficiencies and toxicities as you'll likely run into other problems as the time goes on. Also, if I had to guess, I'd bet you're more likely to run into a toxicity problem than a deficiency as (IMO) you're running your regimen a bit on the high side, but once again, confer with others that grow with your methods. The reason I suggest learning common elements usage is so you can not only spot problems according to growth, but also adjust your Lucas components to remedy. As a rule of thumb, all plants consume a lot of N for veg, but then they need progressively less in bloom and only then do P & K become more needed. etc etc etc. Pickup whatever knowledge ya can, whenever ya can!

I have been trying to understand all this but it is very difficult having no prior knowledge or experience in this stuff. I think I'm starting to get it though.
What sort of ppm range should I be looking for? It does seem high compared to others that I have ready.

Stainless res,drips trough a ceramic filter to bottom res....

Is that better/different to a charcoal filter?

??? Just what I have man :)

I'll be looking into getting a charcoal filter for my regular tap water. Thanks 5 !

From what I've just been reading there isn't too much difference other than charcoal filters are cheaper but need replacing more often, whereas the ceramic last longer but require more maintenance to remove clogs stop it from getting blocked.
I'm going to try using water from my carbon filter, it would just be nice to know how good it is before I use it. I'm not sure how to test it and wouldn't know how to interpret the results if I did

Lot of good stuff lately and special kudos to Skybound for his post on this page about getting to know your nutes. +reps Dude!

None of those filters recently discussed will do anything to reduce PPMs of tap water. Might make it taste better but your plants don't have taste buds so that's not the issue. 90% or more of problems I see are water related with the rest some dirt issue that I don't know much about.

I only use RO or distilled water and in the last 14 years have never had the problems I see so many growers dealing with here. You guys are growing the most valuable crop in the world. Don't cheap out one one of the most valuable links in the chain that gets you the best crop. For us indoor growers electricity is most of the cost of growing. Make the best use of every watt by giving your plants the best you can re: nutes, water and air. Also put reflectors on your lights so all the light is aimed at the plants and not having to bounce of a wall before it hits a leaf.

End of rant. :)

:peace:

Lot of good stuff lately and special kudos to Skybound for his post on this page about getting to know your nutes. +reps Dude!

None of those filters recently discussed will do anything to reduce PPMs of tap water. Might make it taste better but your plants don't have taste buds so that's not the issue. 90% or more of problems I see are water related with the rest some dirt issue that I don't know much about.

I only use RO or distilled water and in the last 14 years have never had the problems I see so many growers dealing with here. You guys are growing the most valuable crop in the world. Don't cheap out one one of the most valuable links in the chain that gets you the best crop. For us indoor growers electricity is most of the cost of growing. Make the best use of every watt by giving your plants the best you can re: nutes, water and air. Also put reflectors on your lights so all the light is aimed at the plants and not having to bounce of a wall before it hits a leaf.

End of rant. :)

:peace:

I have been using Distilled water the entire time since you first suggested it after you had a look at my water report and advised it was quite "hard".
So you're saying both charcoal and ceramic filters will do nothing to help "soften" the water coming from the tap?
Its not so much the cost but more availability that is the problem. I only have one place I can get it from but they only operate during certain hours and ask a lot of questions.
I will stick to distilled if you think its best though.

OMU,Fresh clean Aussie water here, best in the world... 20million in a continent, not in a town, lol.... Run water through a filter for dechlorination, and any clean up it provides. I should check ppm from tap then after, never thought of that.... About the problems other growers have? I'd say it's cause your dealing with mainly new growers, all I can come up with... alot of the problems, I've said it before, but I don't see them. I've been growing outdoors 20 years, only few indoors, but whilst organic outdoors, hydro indoors, purely to avoid issues I've seen mainly on this site.... But I'm more inclined to think 5 is having n deficiencies more than water or light problems...
Skybound, yeah man, I said back a couple pages that I consider 600ppm a full strength regular feed, don't know where these 850 are coming from, lol... Look my girls been at 900 last two weeks, flipped two days ago, but that's a 60 veg, with extra 200w light added...

Back
Top Bottom