Flowering Time

skinny-loc

damn it man i need to read a book i know haha. this weekend im going to barnes and nobles and buying a book and stop buggin my fellow 420 mates with wut would be stupid questions for many of u haha..im currently dealing with seedling but i wanna be ahead at least a step on everything b4 it comes to me. i was informed that u can transfer a plant from veg stage before it reaches 1 foot tall. on specs for some of my strains it says 50-65 days flowering time. is that all together (veg&flower) or 50-65 days u should have plant under 12/12?..reason i ask is becuz i wanna attempt a strategy i read about- 3 weeks in clone ,3 weeks in veg & 3 weeks flowering with 3 strains to harvest 1 pound a month of cured bud.
thanks again for reading yet another post lol ;)

that 50-65 days is flower time, so 3 weeks for flower wouldn't do it.. more like 2 months..
and you can veg as long as you want.. don't want to veg for too long if you don't have the space to flower, they will just about triple in hight when done.

thanks for da reply tide. are u aware of any strains that might flower in a month preferably an indica becuase i plan to do a sea of green.

yeah a lowrider strains will go for 60 days from seed to harvest,
but i believe that you can't clone an autoflower strian. so you would need seeds all the time, and no male seeds.

i think about 45 days for mango or northern lights is about the shortest indica

im gonna look into those strains for my next grow.thanks alot skunk & tide. will post pics as soon as i get a camera to share the grow. :passitleft: let me pass that

oh yeah and two things..i read that u leave autoflowering strains on 20/4 light cycle from seed to harvest. is that correct? and can i grow 6 in 18gal rubbermaid res 5" nets until i get my aeroflo 36 running?

I'm growing 4 White Widows..had five but one didn't make it, and tranfered 1 gigabud into a 18 gallon dwc setup. Check the last pic on the last page of my grow journal, and you'll see that the 4 WD, an autoflowering variant of White Widow, are so big I'm completely out of space. You can't even really see the Gigabud. I had purchased a new tote to transfer the plants into but the roots are essentially one mass now, so tranfering them is going to be dicey. The upshot to all of this is, find a tote that is longer and wider, than the rubbermaid 18g or you will be in the same boat as me. Fortunately I'm only about 25 days til harvest so I think I'll be ok.

As far as the light schedule is concerned, I use a 20/4 sched, after an initial two weeks at 24/0, and the plants are doing great.

alright southerner im check out that journal. ive heard great things about white widow. whats a seedbank with sum good auto widow?

Whats good cuh, i see you trying to find more on about growing eh?Well to let you know growing MJ requires patients. The whole entire 3wk+3wk=1P trash it cuh, if things are done correct then the fastest possible time your able to have final cured bud is hm... 17-18wks if growing a regular INDICA strain (not autos or dwarfs) I'll break it down in the fastest way for you... 1. 1.5wks- Germ+seedling stage(3 days for germination if lucky+10 days for seedling to get strong 1st roots planted) 2. 4 or 5 wks of veg (18/6) 3. 8wks of flowering (12/12) 4. 3wks of drying & curing BTW growing a P is not as easy as you think. There are so many different factors that come into play when it comes down to growing a P. Different strains have different yields loc. IMHO from my growing exp, grow out ANY 100% indicas such as NL it'll give you a good harvest. best of luCc CuhzZo

appreciate the luv loc. ima be on point to get this down, ill keep u posted n let ya know when i got pics available stay up cuz

Im not a fan of lowryder unless your environment requires. I just did an experiment with clones and did 2.7 oz in 10 weeks. 4 weeks cloning machine /6 weeks bloom...check out my stuff. no BS. yes its an indica strain
I'm with you on the auto flowering strains. They are going to destroy growing. Everyone is in such a hurry they don't think of what could happpen. We have almost lost all the flavorable land race sativas (sativas are known for flavor more than indicas) due to growers wanting to grow the faster flowering indicas and now some are gravitating to the auto flowering strains so we will start to lose some of the good indicas too. Doesn't everyone realize that most of these autoflowering strains have ruderallis in them? That's a weak potency autoflowering ditchweed strain that originated out of Russia. Why someone would want to grow that is beyond me. Yield is super small with the autoflowering strains too. If I'm going to spend time growing, I want to get something for it.

If set up right with clones and a small veg box a good 50/50 hybrid that flowers at about 8 to 10 weeks can be grown in a way that you harvest close to a lb every 11 to 13 weeks.

Well, I'm growing some White Dwarfs right now that just might change your mind on AFs. I grew them out of curiousity, and to make my transition into hydro as easy as possible, one cycle is half as much time for me to screw something up, you see. The earliest AFs were weak, unstable and a complete waste of effort. This is changing, and it's changing fast.

Now, I don't want to arouse the ire of untold numbers of purists, I came from years of outdoor growing, and I'll admit, it is a little odd. Seems almost like science stuck it's head where it didn't belong.

But the cat's out of the bag...there are a good number of AF crosses out there that are stable, potent and relatively easy to grow, and more are showing up all the time.

Besides that...they make a nice in between harves, harvest.

One man's opinion.

to underscore the meaning of "flowering time": its the time spent under 12/12 lighting conditions... yes? so, a full grow (depending on the strain and conditions) may involve 50 days of veg (typically 18/6) plus 60 days of flowering time (12/12)... is this correct?

Back
Top Bottom