FNG

Welcome to 420,charlie:welcome:
Good to have you aboard...
So what kind of growing is your thing...indoor, outdoor, soil, hydro?

Welcome to 420,charlie:welcome:
Good to have you aboard...
So what kind of growing is your thing...indoor, outdoor, soil, hydro?
Indoor strictly. I have 2 4x4 tents, one with a 400 MH the other 1,000 HPS. I am changing the flower light to Rapid 4x4 chilled logic set up. My first swing at LED. In fact it will be here Monday and I couldn't be more excited. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest mix with General Organics line. Right now I have Skywalker OG Reserva Privada strain and GSC SSC Platinum.

Indoor strictly. I have 2 4x4 tents, one with a 400 MH the other 1,000 HPS. I am changing the flower light to Rapid 4x4 chilled logic set up. My first swing at LED. In fact it will be here Monday and I couldn't be more excited. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest mix with General Organics line. Right now I have Skywalker OG Reserva Privada strain and GSC SSC Platinum.
All v2 red pucks or royal blue too?

And when you get your new setup going,you should
start a journal to keep us in the loop...we like to watch...

That is a great soil, and it will do you well. Good luck with the LED; I recently made that switch myself and as a result I only got more excited about it and bought into the technology big time.
I do have a pet peeve though, and I am going to tell you about it, but do not think that I am in any way dissing your grow. It always amazes me and for a while it confounded me how/why garden supply stores would sell someone FFOF soil, and then while the FF nutes are sitting right there behind them, recommend instead GO nutes. Is it that the hydro store guys simply have no experience with anything other than GO, or is there an industry wide agreement to try to mix brands so as to make things more difficult for the new grower, and maybe drive them away from soil and into the more profitable hydro market? I think it is the later.
At any rate, if you do things right, this will work, but if you would have asked me, I would have recommended the Fox Farm trio along with the trio of solubles, to perfectly compliment that scientifically designed soil made by the same company.
Anyway, this happens all the time and you are going to do ok as long as you follow along with someone else who is doing this, so definitely find someone with a similar grow to learn from. Next grow, as an experiment, go with the FF line of nutes and see if you can tell a difference. I did, and I ran FF for several years because of the strength I found in that complete system.
Enjoy this first grow! It is always a great learning experience!

And when you get your new setup going,you should
start a journal to keep us in the loop...we like to watch...

I will.

That is a great soil, and it will do you well. Good luck with the LED; I recently made that switch myself and as a result I only got more excited about it and bought into the technology big time.
I do have a pet peeve though, and I am going to tell you about it, but do not think that I am in any way dissing your grow. It always amazes me and for a while it confounded me how/why garden supply stores would sell someone FFOF soil, and then while the FF nutes are sitting right there behind them, recommend instead GO nutes. Is it that the hydro store guys simply have no experience with anything other than GO, or is there an industry wide agreement to try to mix brands so as to make things more difficult for the new grower, and maybe drive them away from soil and into the more profitable hydro market? I think it is the later.
At any rate, if you do things right, this will work, but if you would have asked me, I would have recommended the Fox Farm trio along with the trio of solubles, to perfectly compliment that scientifically designed soil made by the same company.
Anyway, this happens all the time and you are going to do ok as long as you follow along with someone else who is doing this, so definitely find someone with a similar grow to learn from. Next grow, as an experiment, go with the FF line of nutes and see if you can tell a difference. I did, and I ran FF for several years because of the strength I found in that complete system.
Enjoy this first grow! It is always a great learning experience!
I did not take it as a diss at all. He has no FF nutes and I didn't want salt based. Was my only choice at the time.

Back
Top Bottom