Freakshow Areoponics

How do you do that?
every month they do a contest:
plant of the month
nug of the month
member of the month
grow journal of the month

to nominate your plant you just have to submit 2 photos (get a great photo, with lighting), people on the community vote for the one they like.

Hey @danishoes21.

I've been interested in this strain for a long time now and found this great website that provides all the info you need about the strain since the website belongs to "Shapeshifter", the breeder of the strain. It's a great story, which I'm sure you will enjoy.

Had some problems this week the roots grew into the drain and clogged them so the chamber filled and leaked lesson learned.
So far they don't look to shocked maybe next time I'll put some kind of media in the chamber to disburse the roots.

20230527_090410.jpg

20230527_090349.jpg

20230527_090344.jpg

20230527_090247.jpg

20230527_090242.jpg

20230527_090159.jpg

@Wrecked11 - I think you're doing an amazing job showcasing this beautiful plant. :bravo:

I agree with Dani. You should definitely enter into the Plant of the Month contest. I bet you have a decent shot at winning some cool prizes.

She looks so leafy. Have you had any mould issues? My plants have been getting powdery mildew (PM) lately and removing a lot of the leaves seems to have helped.

@Wrecked11 - I think you're doing an amazing job showcasing this beautiful plant. :bravo:

I agree with Dani. You should definitely enter into the Plant of the Month contest. I bet you have a decent shot at winning some cool prizes.

She looks so leafy. Have you had any mould issues? My plants have been getting powdery mildew (PM) lately and removing a lot of the leaves seems to have helped.
So far i don't see any i have a dehumidifier running at 40% and a fan. Last time i had blueberries and had one cola get bud rot but i wasn't running the dehumidifier cross my fingers this time

Hey @danishoes21.

I've been interested in this strain for a long time now and found this great website that provides all the info you need about the strain since the website belongs to "Shapeshifter", the breeder of the strain. It's a great story, which I'm sure you will enjoy.

Thank you kindly for the tag and info. This is a new phenotype I have never seen, looks awesome. Will check out the site.
From the breeders point of view I can’t imagine how many plants had to be grown to get this pheno trait.

Should i wait to harvest until i see amber trichromes or just milkey getting close
That is your choice.

I have gone the amber route but over the past 6 plus months I have started going for about 8 weeks from the start of stigma/pistils showing to harvest. Something along the lines of the harvest of the weed we bought way back when, before growers let it grow till the very last minute looking for couch-lock. We did not have couch-lock stuff then.

Feedback about the plants I harvest a 8 weeks is that they do like the earlier harvest. As one guy said just yesterday afternoon it is a lot harder to get anything done while locked onto the couch and he would rather be buzzing while doing chores than sitting there staring at the paint blemish on the wall.;).

Forgot how many plants you have but if two or more you could harvest, trim, dry and cure one at 8 or 8 1/2 weeks and sample that. Then harvest another when it has a fair amount of amber. Do the harvest, trim etc the same way. Then sample one and several days later the other.

It is you harvest so up to you. Life is full of options and decisions and this is another of those.:).

That is your choice.

I have gone the amber route but over the past 6 plus months I have started going for about 8 weeks from the start of stigma/pistils showing to harvest. Something along the lines of the harvest of the weed we bought way back when, before growers let it grow till the very last minute looking for couch-lock. We did not have couch-lock stuff then.

Feedback about the plants I harvest a 8 weeks is that they do like the earlier harvest. As one guy said just yesterday afternoon it is a lot harder to get anything done while locked onto the couch and he would rather be buzzing while doing chores than sitting there staring at the paint blemish on the wall.;).

Forgot how many plants you have but if two or more you could harvest, trim, dry and cure one at 8 or 8 1/2 weeks and sample that. Then harvest another when it has a fair amount of amber. Do the harvest, trim etc the same way. Then sample one and several days later the other.

It is you harvest so up to you. Life is full of options and decisions and this is another of those.:).
I never understood this argument TBH. You dont get couch lock because you let your plants fully ripe. You get couch lock stone because you grow a plant that has those effects and traits? If you want a more cerebral uplifting effect I would rather grow sativa dominant plants and let them fully ripe? My old Durban Poison didn't have couch lock no matter how long I let it flower.

Each to their own but I would never harvest early just to get a desired effect, that's very contra productive IMO.

So when we talk cannabis now they sub classify for several aspects;

Genotype
Phenotype
Chemotype

So totally different effect no matter if you leave them weeks past harvest or harvest early, the chemotype is going to define the high you get.

I would suggest that you go with breeder suggestion and your judgment because I believe your pheno must have a unique chemotype.

I read about your cultivar says mostly Sativa so thats a Genotype, then you have the interesting look of it leaf and bud structure completely different than a Sativa thats your Phenotype. Its only fair to say that your plant should have its own Chemotype or unique cannabinoid structure.

Next grow I'll have to start learning cloning have two that came out beautiful and a little bit more trimming lessons. Couldn't of asked more for this grow made me smile everytime i looked into the room. Thanks to shapeshifter for all the hard work to make this possible. Definitely trying more of his seeds

20230603_080139.jpg

20230603_075910.jpg

20230603_075857.jpg

Next grow I'll have to start learning cloning have two that came out beautiful and a little bit more trimming lessons. Couldn't of asked more for this grow made me smile everytime i looked into the room. Thanks to shapeshifter for all the hard work to make this possible. Definitely trying more of his seeds

20230603_080139.jpg

20230603_075910.jpg

20230603_075857.jpg
What a different looking plant. I could stair at that for 30 minutes. Very nice

I'm sad to see this grow end. You did a great job of showcasing this unique strain (aka chemovar).

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom