From Scotland and 5 weeks flowering need help

Sandieladygro

Need help 5 weeks into flower and my leaves are yellowing some are all yellow and brittle and there are brown spotting on leaves also they are still growing and do look and smell good. im first time grower and i have only flushed once before putting into flower, hope someone can help:thanks:

Yellow = nitrogen deficiency, brown spots most likely =calcium deficiency.

Welcome to :420: Sandie here's a few links to help you help us, help you... Lol. Pictures help a poop load

Picture uploads

Start a grow journal here in journals in Progress or post in FAQ section

A journal will give you live time assistance from the many helpful growers here.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Are you using nutrients to feed them? If you are do you balance the PH level after mixing them? Because growers really need to balance PH level of the nutrients after mixing them and prior to feeding the plants.

5 weeks into flower is the point where several interesting things typically happen, depending on the type of soil you are in. Since we have no pictures to go by here, everyone is only making guesses at this point, and I will do the same with this response.

My guess is that you have again reached the point where you could use another flush. Salts build up from using synthetic nutrients and it is common to get a salt lockup around this point in the grow. I am assuming that you have done well to this point, based simply on the fact that you are 5 weeks into flower. I am assuming that so far your nutes and the way you water has been correct, or at least close enough that your plant has done well up to now, so I am not going to second guess your decisions there.

Two other things can commonly happen about now. If you have a soil that is heavily peat based, peat starts to break down around this time, and it can send your soil way to the acidic side, making your pH drift the wrong way. This fix is to flush this broken down peat debris out of there, the symptoms usually are the result of a magnesium deficiency. This would result in copper dead zones in the leaves and browning and crumbling from the tips and edges, destroying the leaves that are attacked.

A less common thing that happens about now is that the soil that was made to raise geraniums in, suddenly runs out of the trace amounts of trace minerals that were included in the soil mix. Common are molybdenum or copper or boron deficiencies when this happens, but with damage usually showing up first on the new growth at the top of the plant. It does not sound like you have this problem.

So get us some pictures... lets see how close our guesses were. Also, I hope this discussion helps you to identify what the problem is, but again, I would start with a flush and see what happens. A good 3x the volume of the container flush... start and end with properly pHed water.

Back
Top Bottom