From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

Sorry I'm late with the update guys.

Day 49 of the Chunk, bubblelicious, and Mystery strain, and flipped the Sour Diesel.
Stay medicated my friends.
Cheers.;)

Hey stealth!

The reason your mystery strain main cola has so many small bud sites, is because it will be one main cola.. thats what you get with pure sativas, like you have in the closet.

I had to chop my sativa early cause i couldn't keep it from growing into the lights. for 4 weeks early, it had some killer smoke!

The Chunk is a much longer than 55 days that Barneys Farm claims too..

What is the PPM of the res with the chunk in it.. It does actually look like nutrient burn. You can see that the tips of your leaves are burnt which is the first sign of PPm's being too high.

Also, do you have a loupe to check your trichomes with? White pistils means your plant is still ripening, and you should hold off on harvesting.

attack of the mystery strain lol! great update - the chunk is looking very good :) awesome job!

The Chunk is a much longer than 55 days that Barneys Farm claims too..

What is the PPM of the res with the chunk in it.. It does actually look like nutrient burn. You can see that the tips of your leaves are burnt which is the first sign of PPm's being too high.

Also, do you have a loupe to check your trichomes with? White pistils means your plant is still ripening, and you should hold off on harvesting.

Hi GreenThumb.:ciao:

I know its gonna be longer than the 8 weeks for sure, I always go by trichome color, and firmness of the buds for harvest. I do have a scope and wouldn't dream of harvesting a plant before her time.;)
As for the burn, I'm thinking its not nutrient burn simply cause I've never gone over 650 PPM the whole grow. That main cola was light burned a few weeks ago before I removed the shelf in the closet. The leaf tips do have a little burn to them, but that main cola is the only one showing any burn anywhere but the tips, so I think its just the light damage that happened. Oh well, either way I'm gonna keep an eye on it. Next update i'll clairify that, thx.

Following my nutrient recipe, I should start the flush this weekend coming up, but none of the plants are ready for it yet. I'm going to continue to feed then for another 1 or 2 weeks i think, and then start the flush for 7-10 days.

Finally, thanks for the tip on the Sativa bud structure. I figured as much but wasn't 100% sure cause its such a different style of plant than the usual Indica or Hybrid strain I'm used to.
The Main cola that is tucked under the power cable is starting to take shape and looks like its going to be one massive cola when she's done. The sativa plant might have small little buds but she's sticky and stinky, i'm looking forward to seeing how she's gonna turn out in the end.
Thanks for stopping in, Cheers. ;)

attack of the mystery strain lol! great update - the chunk is looking very good :) awesome job!

Thanks mrrobert, I'm going to grow out the Chunk again with my 2 stongest clones, but all on their own, no other strains. I know for sure that the Chunk is not turning out as well as it could in the closet cause she's being choked out but the mystery sativa.
Something else to look forward to.
Cheers bro.;)

Congrats on the new clone growth! Can't believe that mystery strain is in the light again lol. So crazy. It just doesn't stop. Lol

I was fortunate enough to have tried some "Bubb" of a fellow 420 grower and let me say that was the smoothest tastiest bud I've ever smoked. Yours is looking great. That sucks your mystery sativa is muscling the closet the way it is. Any clue why all the leaves are one fingered?

I was fortunate enough to have tried some "Bubb" of a fellow 420 grower and let me say that was the smoothest tastiest bud I've ever smoked. Yours is looking great. That sucks your mystery sativa is muscling the closet the way it is. Any clue why all the leaves are one fingered?

Hi Sky, thanks for stopping in. The Sativa mostly has 1 bladed leaves on the upper half of the plant. The lower half has the usual 5 blades or more. I think Its just the way the plant grows when its flowering, but it could also be a bad genetic trait.
Yesterday was the final feeding, next Sunday or Monday I'm going to start the flush. I'll flush for 7-10 days, chop the Bubblelicious and Chunk, then start the feed again until the Sativa is finally done. I'm guessing at least another month, prob 5-6 more weeks with a proper flush.
The Sour Diesel should be in full flower by then, and my clones will be aching for a transplant. Still deciding which clones to run next, we'll have to wait and see how the Chunk & Bubble smoke turns out. The OG Kush sure was nice though. ;)
Cheers Skybound.

The one-bladed leaves are a sativa trait. They are usually the leaves that will protrude from colas! I have the same thing happening with my White Widow which is 65/35% sativa/indica.

Stealth, are you gonna clone the mystery and send it through again in future rounds?

I actually did take 2 clones of it, but they both broke when I tried to put them into solo cups. I figure its a little late now to bother taking more clones, and I'm also pretty stocked. I got 4 OG Kush, 4 Chunk, 2 Bubblelicious, and now 4 Sour Diesel. No more clones for a while I think, otherwise I'm gonna be over grown. Besides I've got enough to keep growing till next summer easy.
Got new strains I wanna try out also, I have some Northern Lights, Amnesia Haze, Jack Herer Auto's, and a different pheno of White Widow than I grew out in the past that I wanna try. So many different Strains to try, I have high hopes for the Sour Diesel though and will run it again at least once more.
Cheers man.;)

A guy on the street here swears by the Sour D, so I want to get in on that action. Also am thinking of taking a stab at that Buckeye Purple. Don't know the breeder and the bank is not a sponsor so...

Nice last update stealth. Thought you were going to cough out a lung at the start there.

That sour d is trained so nicely to the net. Can't wait to see her bloom. I really like the mystery sativa also.

No cough, lol. I got lungs of steel.:bong:
I'm really excited about the Sour D, everyone says its top shelf smoke, and I've never tried it before. I'm gonna baby this plant.;)
I'm actually looking forward to the Sativa also, She's gonna be a heavy yielder when she's done I think.
Cheers Smiles, thanks for stopping in.

great update stealth - that mystery strain is back up at the light again - You must wonder if thats ever gonna stop growing geeze lmfao - Nice bong hit :) - Im about to go do the same :)

Been posting my 10x10 updates in my hindu skunk journal (which BTW got a heat bash for 8 hours - stupid me) :( -

The tent is very cool though :) both in temps and look hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom