Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

hey Kylester thanks for the generous input bruh....
those air pots... ive seen those at my local hydro shop and i was gona pick them up too.... but they only had 1 gallons.... if they had 3 or 5 i woulda pickd some up..... it was weird they were sold in sheet form..... i guess u have to make it when u buy it....
i wouldve kept the smart pots in the tent if my tent was a but more roomy.... i think the pots were just touchin each other in there too cos i was tryna cram em together under the light.... ill use the smartpots again, but i think ill try a diff thicker brand and also when i move onto a bigger tent in the future or sumn....
ive transplanted them out to 4g nursery plastic pots.... those 12 inch pots take up space man.....
the hygrozyme will have to wait until i have the money to get everything i want. for now i will stick to gettn what is needed. if i can get by with pond enzymez for now im gona try that.... but man this damn ticket dried me out quick.

heres a shot of them before the lights turnt off. i also removed all the bamboo skewers and tossed em.... when i pulled the plants out the smart pots i saw mold EVERYWHERE. i had to literally rip chunks of soil off the sides.... there was white mold and brown mold. it was insane. i hope they stretch out and bush up a bit more. oh how i do regret removin their skirts..... poor girls....
SDC112601.JPG

thanks to everyone for the inputs. it really helpd me get movin. :thanks:
i will update as soon as i see sumthin new. peace yall

Man let it dry out a bit in there and increase circulation. I let my plants get Really thirsty before I water unless they are young clones.

ok so im checkd my highs and lows just now and my highs are at 71%.....lows at 24% i was just too medicated last night to really pay attention.... i really wana get this 4inch fan workn so i can mess around a lil more with the circulation.
wsup Dog, im gona let em dry out every time now... i noticed i dont really let them dry out between waterings.... didnt really see a problem givn em the extra moisture, but now its caused some problems....

on another note..... didnt have no bleach solutions or anything so i just kinda used green soap mixed with some organic flying bug killer..... smells like peppermint and its very oily....
hopefully those bud sites push their way up...... im expecting at least 1oz per plant considering bein noob and makn some stressful mistakes already....

question. if i lag a little with the lights off and lights on during their first 2 weeks flower, will they do hermie on me? last night i kept the lights on for 15 extra minutes to finish up the transplant, this morning i was 15 minutes late to turn the lights on.... they werent on timer mode...cos im an idiot.... are they mad?

i hope not man.... damn pots were 5 bucks each.... why the hell is it so expensive... i shoulda went to lowes or osh or sumn.... i had the ride for the whole day man....

found another couple hairs on another plant so im pretty stoked! :)

Good deal Brother,
Glad to see you got them into their new home. I'm sure they'll love you for it.:goodjob:

I wouldn't worry too much about the lights messin with your girls. It was only a 15 minute screw up.

damn its fuggn hot today.... no joke.... i been tryna keep the heat down.... but its just not workn.... my ac dont work in the house cos i goto refill the damn coolant or w.e u put in there.... hmm....
Ok.... my indoor temps are 95 high...73 low.... im gona mist em right now with some growbig added.... i think they might like that.....
Also, im gona water them tomorrow with some reg tap water added to the ones i let sit for dissipation.... i think a lil bita chlorine might do me some justice with any other fungus that might be lingering in the pots....

i think i see fem preflowers on 4 plants so far.... im not too sure being the first pistils ive ever seen up front.... im gona wait a couple days or til tomorrow to confirm....
If the last 5th plant shows female preflowers... then well..... 5/5 bagseed would be the perfect christmas gift.... :xmas: :yummy:

i dont really know which plant is which right now..... im dumb i shoulda labeled em....
i took some pics today of the group, but i didnt take no close shots.... i got fans blowin everywhere and damn its too hot to even turn it off for a minute.... plus i cant find my jewelers loupe....

the tent is really being filled in..... its almost unbelievable... well to me.... :)
SDC11264.jpg
SDC11267.jpg

package from amazon..... the cheapest hygrometer they had that didnt have no buttons..... i hate pushn buttons..... its from acu-rite and i think its around 14 bucks....
SDC11262.jpg

so i decided to use the veg side u see in the closet as the clonin station as well as that reflector.... im gona put a wooden board on top of that painted with some enamel and primer so i can veg on it..... im gona wing-a-light with the 125watter 52Firestone generously came thru with so well see how that goes.... i wana keep everything im doing under 500w for this first grow..... i dont wana jump to anything sappy just yet..... my goal is to pick up a 400w for my next 6 plants 1 strain cycle... i figured after this batch ill throw in random plants at random times to get random harvests! lol.......:)
ok....heres the flic....ill shutup now....
SDC11270.jpg

im dumb i didnt take a picture of the whole closet....just faded and spaced out on photography..... even if it doesnt even look all that good lol......
:peacetwo:

Hey FS!
You aint kiddin about the heat, was 101 yesterday and I aint tryin to go outside today :ganjamon: pretty friggin toasty out there! Temps will be around 75 on saturday and it gets cooler all next week. :rofl: I'm a friggin weatherman

Nice hygrometer for $14. Mine only reads current rh and temp and I paid like $17 for it, maybe 20??? don't remember. At least you'll be able to stay on top of your rh now. And the girls look like they took well to the switch:yahoo:

And what's up with the gnats? I bet alot of em dissapeared when you switched pots, right? those little bastards were a pain in the ass for a minute.

Everything lookin good right now:goodjob: You'll be better in a couple days when it cools down. Keep up the great work!

wsup 52!!
yea man i stayed home all day and just packed bowls.... i turnt off my reflector and just threw in 1 23w 2700k w/o the dome to just letem chill....
i mean i can go 1 or 2 days without tryna give them all intense lighting or whatnot.... they can manage im sure of it....
plus i needed them to cool off quicker.... i saw 99 and i freaked out....
threw some ice packs in there iono if thisll help but damnit im tryin....

im gona throw the superskunks in 3 gallons tomorrow and let the small afghan and og take their places :) oh yea those gnats... ive only seen a couple in the past few days... but i didnt let those couple slide either.... CLAP!:)
thanks for all the input on the smart pots.... ill use em later on i know it, but i think this tent needsta stick with plastic pots....

yea man 14-15 bucks plus amazon said free shipping to orders over 25 so i told my mom about Boonies pulling problem and i found this gentle leader collar and whattya know.... 2 minutes with it on he aint pulln at all man.... magic... but its a steppn stone to stop pulln on a reg collar..... hope so...

any idea what height my plants my finish at? they wouldnt use up the whole4 gallon would they as theyre at day 7 flower
im also spooked the one with 2 branches bent while in flower might go hermie.... that grapefruitkush talkn.... peace dawg

You know I am not sure, but in nature plants can see those temperatures a couple days in the summer. I think it is worse when they are supposed to be making resin. The cool part is that it isn't summer and soon it will be cool in there. At least it sure ought to be.

thanks bruh still tryna keep up with this heat.... thanks for tunin in tho... :reading420magazine:

what is your heat at. i believe you have the same thermastat i do from walmart and cheap wokrs great, lol. if ur humidity is low put a humidifier in and that will bring some heat down

I am not sure how bringing the humidity up reduces the heat? It may help, but reducing the heat is not what it does.

Water in the air Holds Heat. Try out this little experiment. Heat your oven to 212 degrees and see how long you can keep you hand in it. Then, Take a pot of boiling water (212 degrees) and see how long you can hold you hand in it.

Humidity is what holds heat and makes it worse. You can go to Arizona in 90 degree weather and be reasonable fine, may even be able to play some golf. Go to Louisiana when it is 90 and you will be sweating so much you cannot play.

All the HVAC calculations and formulas are based on how much it takes to heat or cool water.

ya totaly agree, but just in my eperience in my tent. with out humidifier stays in mid 70's.
with humidifier goes down to aslow as 65 -72 degrees. dunno just is whats happening in my tent. might work for someone maybe not. just a suggestion!!

Heat and Temperature are two different things Staffy. What you measure with a thermometer does not reflect the effects of temperature combined with humidity. That is why I mentioned the experiment with the oven and boiling water (although I sure hope nobody actually tries to prove that). If it is cold and humid you feel colder and if it is hot and humid you feel hotter.

Personally, I have never kept high humidity in a grow. There is plenty of talk on it online if you search it out. I think that MJ likes it less humid myself. I know that mold and mildew grows better in high humidity. Once a plant gets a foot tall or so you can let them dry out to the point of wilting without too many problems, but you can kill a plant with too much watering. So I like to keep my grows as dry as possible.

yea i already have enough humidity problems and i dont think a humidifier in my small ass tent will do any justice.... ill maybe have to throw that in my veg side since they been lookn all dry and droopy... maybe the transplant...
i did switch out my superskunk ladies to 3g pots and the ogk and afghani took their spots in their old 3liters....
forgot superthrive..........

yea Dog, i feel ya on the humid thing.... hot and humid is hella hot... cold and humid shrivels up the sack. true.

seems like i fucked up on the lights again..... i was rearrangin my room and stuff and left the damn timer for my tent all fucked up... so b asically the ghulkz got about 18 hours of light.... so my only thought was to give it another 24 hours of darkness..... lights went out 2 am this mornin and ima turn it back on around 830am tomorrow.... i hope this dont fuck things up....

yea i already have enough humidity problems and i dont think a humidifier in my small ass tent will do any justice.... ill maybe have to throw that in my veg side since they been lookn all dry and droopy... maybe the transplant...
i did switch out my superskunk ladies to 3g pots and the ogk and afghani took their spots in their old 3liters....
forgot superthrive..........

yea Dog, i feel ya on the humid thing.... hot and humid is hella hot... cold and humid shrivels up the sack. true.

seems like i fucked up on the lights again..... i was rearrangin my room and stuff and left the damn timer for my tent all fucked up... so b asically the ghulkz got about 18 hours of light.... so my only thought was to give it another 24 hours of darkness..... lights went out 2 am this mornin and ima turn it back on around 830am tomorrow.... i hope this dont fuck things up....

Wish I could send some of the dry cold we got here down your way dawg, Ive got to use a heating mat on my seedlings to keep them toasty right now, and a bucket of water in the room to add to humidity! Funny how we're not even growing outdoors but having such different climates... I am guessing you don't have A/C down there either ?? is 90 in October normal for SoCal ?

Good luck with the heat/humidity - and personally I don't think one day of lights being messed will ruin your crop or nothing... just maybe keep an even closer eye for any hermaphrodite's... stress can turn them that way including light cycle stress...

:passitleft:
Good luck im sure you'll battle through it. As the girl at the hydroponics shop told me, "If you want something easy to grow, buy a cactus!" :D

Man funny, your girls look good.

If you make a mistake do not try to compensate by doing the opposite with lighting. Just try to get back on schedule. I say if you left the lights on too long one day just try to get back on schedule and tell them you will never do it again.

tell them you will never do it again.

And to be sure, sing them a love song or read a goodnight story and they will forget alllllllll about it.

Wish I could send some of the dry cold we got here down your way dawg, Ive got to use a heating mat on my seedlings to keep them toasty right now, and a bucket of water in the room to add to humidity! Funny how we're not even growing outdoors but having such different climates... I am guessing you don't have A/C down there either ?? is 90 in October normal for SoCal ?

Good luck with the heat/humidity - and personally I don't think one day of lights being messed will ruin your crop or nothing... just maybe keep an even closer eye for any hermaphrodite's... stress can turn them that way including light cycle stress...

Good luck im sure you'll battle through it. As the girl at the hydroponics shop told me, "If you want something easy to grow, buy a cactus!" :D

haha man i wish you could..... i see the sun out already and i know its gona get a little warm in here today again..... i do have ac built in around the house, but my mom says she aint tryna spend no money to refill the tank this year.... eh....
i dont think this hot for this time of the year is normal.... but its LA.... i see the weirdest weather here....
for the light cycle, i think 12 hours darkness should be ok so im gona turn it back on around 2pm... im gona skimp out on their lights and shut it off at 9pm so i can have em from 9-9.... you think thisll produce hermies? man im kinda worried since i seen fem preflowers on 4 plants.... i dont want to find out theyre all freaks cos i was being an idiot with the lights....

haha man i wish you could..... i see the sun out already and i know its gona get a little warm in here today again..... i do have ac built in around the house, but my mom says she aint tryna spend no money to refill the tank this year.... eh....
i dont think this hot for this time of the year is normal.... but its LA.... i see the weirdest weather here....
for the light cycle, i think 12 hours darkness should be ok so im gona turn it back on around 2pm... im gona skimp out on their lights and shut it off at 9pm so i can have em from 9-9.... you think thisll produce hermies? man im kinda worried since i seen fem preflowers on 4 plants.... i dont want to find out theyre all freaks cos i was being an idiot with the lights....

haha! dude theres an old couple that lives below us and all theyve got are cacti! hahaha! :goof:

Man funny, your girls look good.

If you make a mistake do not try to compensate by doing the opposite with lighting. Just try to get back on schedule. I say if you left the lights on too long one day just try to get back on schedule and tell them you will never do it again.

hey Dog, thanks for the comment bruh...
i try my best to make sure theyre gettn all that they can...

im trying to not give them the 24h darkness now... and lettn em rest only for 12 hours and turning it back on.... im planning to turn it back off around 9pm so i can get a fresh 12/12 cycle tomorrow morning. will this be ok?

Back
Top Bottom