Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

I am pleased to report that my seed order has come thru. Wow, I am rapt with that! These past few years I have been so accustomed to failed orders and good money going down the drain of prohibition stupidity, that it was really putting me off throwing away more. But I was lifted out of the drain of 'failed orders depression' by the inspiring and joyful posts of @syenite and @Bionic Chronic NZ sharing their successes - thanks guys!

And thanks to @Weedseedsexpress! I can say it was a dream to deal with them, and the order reached me in under 2 weeks. If there is one thing that is inspirational for ordering seeds, it is getting a successful delivery!
:ganjamon:

mouth watering just looking at them packets hehehe can't wait to see what you grow this year.. any idea yet @Stunger ?

mouth watering just looking at them packets hehehe can't wait to see what you grow this year.. any idea yet @Stunger ?
I haven't fully decided yet but I have partially picked out for the Sativa dominant, Mexican Sativa. For Indica dominant, Godfather OG. For High CBD, I only have one choice and that is the CBD Express auto. And maybe choose 1 from either Gold Leaf, Chronic Widow, Granddaddy Purple or Girl Scout Cookies.:hookah:

I am pleased to report that my seed order has come thru. Wow, I am rapt with that! These past few years I have been so accustomed to failed orders and good money going down the drain of prohibition stupidity, that it was really putting me off throwing away more. But I was lifted out of the drain of 'failed orders depression' by the inspiring and joyful posts of @syenite and @Bionic Chronic NZ sharing their successes - thanks guys!

And thanks to @Weedseedsexpress! I can say it was a dream to deal with them, and the order reached me in under 2 weeks. If there is one thing that is inspirational for ordering seeds, it is getting a successful delivery!
:ganjamon:

Nice stack of beans.

I haven't fully decided yet but I have partially picked out for the Sativa dominant, Mexican Sativa. For Indica dominant, Godfather OG. For High CBD, I only have one choice and that is the CBD Express auto. And maybe choose 1 from either Gold Leaf, Chronic Widow, Granddaddy Purple or Girl Scout Cookies.:hookah:
Wow.....i absolutely love the way you think.
I can just imagine at the end of the season and you have these strain's in the cookie jar's heading into Autumn....yummy.

Our true pleasure Stunger! Thank you for your trust and we arereally looking forward to your grow!

From my grow last year I have a good stock of 3 different strains of jarred bud. Now, after a few months I thought the effect of the 3 strains was clear to me, but on getting a new vape it has caused me to reflect on how much more potent the bud can be when the extraction is more complete.

Recently I made several orders to buy parts for a new vape, a composite dynavap vapecap, something that can function as a portable as well as be a backup/alternative to my trusty reliable daily driver of many years (a silver surfer convection vape). After reading a lot of positive reviews of the no battery approach of the vapecaps, I learned too that you can build one from various aftermarket composite parts. People often start with the base unit and upgrade later if they want to. So rather than double up I decided to assume that it would work for me, and I jumped straight in for a combination of a titanium tip and an aftermarket simrell vortex titanium stem. Yesterday, the lighter I'd ordered still hadn't arrived so instead I tried it out using the gas stove top (a less efficient way) to heat it. What can I say but, wow! It totally blew me away! Compared to my silver surfer the vapecap's chamber is tiny and the bud is all done in 4 or 5 tokes, at which point the ABV is completely golden brown, or dark brown, just as you want it, all in 4 or 5 tokes. My silver surfer, as long as it is clean has a very free draw, it is easy to fill it's large chamber, have a few tokes and put it down and pick up later for further cycles of toking before needing to dump out the ABV and refill it.:bongrip:

I am not trying to write a review here on what a hard hitter the vapecap is, but instead relate the difference that this makes when using my existing jarred bud. My first try was using some White Widow x Gorgonzola bud, this is something that leaves me feeling nicely lifted and enhanced, but totally comfortable enough to function and interact with others. I was so surprised to find that it felt like a different totally stronger strain, I was quite impacted! I later tried it with some White Widow, which again hit me hard. Then before bed I tried a Gorilla Glue, 4 tokes all done, and thought what the hell maybe that wont be enough so I did one more of WW. Wow, I was so hammered from those. Too hammered to hit the sack, I had to stay up to come down a bit before going to bed.:ganjamon:

I wasn't expecting this, I thought that using the new vape on my existing bud stash that the effects would be the same, except maybe for a difference in draw flow, the draw of this vapecap is similar or better to what a joint would be, nowhere near as free a draw as my silver silver. But an observation with the vapevap is that the entire chamber of bud is rendered completely baked in 4 or 5 tokes which leads me to now appreciate that the effect I am experiencing is the effect of bud that is more efficiently extracted. My silver surfer is perhaps spreading out it's cannabinoid potential over successful toking cycles, in a sort of fractional extraction where each cycle of toking skims off successive layers of cannabinoid mix until it is ready for a refill. The vapecap also has a conduction effect that rapidly cools off from the titanium so you could just restrict yourself to just 2 or 3 tokes and put it down and finish it later.

Anyway for what it's worth I just wanted to share that as I have never before considered the difference that a more complete and total extraction would make to the resulting effect of my existing buds. The bottom line is, that I am pleased as punch about this purchase, it looks a finely crafted pretty thing too, and instead of using a flame it can be heated with a small induction heater.:thumb:

I loved your write-up Stunger! So stoked you like your new build.

:high-five:

Then before bed I tried a Gorilla Glue, 4 tokes all done, and thought what the hell maybe that wont be enough so I did one more of WW. Wow, I was so hammered from those. Too hammered to hit the sack, I had to stay up to come down a bit before going to bed.:ganjamon:

:laugh::laugh:

Hey, if you ever get a grinder with a kief catcher, I have loved supplementing the herb with some kief and vaping that. I get such superb hashy flavour.

And speaking of flavour, that's what I also love about the more efficient extraction - you can really appreciate the different flavours and terps!

My silver surfer is perhaps spreading out it's cannabinoid potential over successful toking cycles, in a sort of fractional extraction where each cycle of toking skims off successive layers of cannabinoid mix until it is ready for a refill.

Yes, this is exactly how I felt about my PAX.

The bottom line is, that I am pleased as punch about this purchase, it looks a finely crafted pretty thing too, and instead of using a flame it can be heated with a small induction heater.:thumb:

Phew! I'm glad I didn't lead you astray. Lol :thumb::yahoo:

I loved your write-up Stunger! So stoked you like your new build.
I'm really pleased with it too. Your purchase of one caused me to look at it again and this time when I did I thought, hang on, this could be just want I am after, I just didn't previously know it! :rofl:

Hey, if you ever get a grinder with a kief catcher, I have loved supplementing the herb with some kief and vaping that. I get such superb hashy flavour.
My old market stall grinder has a kief catcher which I have used to 'mop up' the kief and add it to the bud for special occasions but now it is a bit hopeless and gummed up. But actually, I feel I would prefer a grinder without the separate layers so hopefully that way the mulled up bud still has all it's kief content within it. I am thinking of the Storz and Bickel acrylic XL which is cheap and large at 9cm across so it can process a good chunk of bud at a time, I find my current one too small. I am not a 100% with the acrylic as I read of one poster who claimed he found a bunch of microscopic plastic in his mull which doesn't sound good, you would think that S&B wouldn't be allowing that, maybe the large 2 piece Santa Cruz being aluminium is better.
:smokin:

Giddy with gear envy down here :green_heart:
You kids and your toys.
Great write up, Koro! Stoked for you with your brand new stash :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks DD, now I understand what people mean when they describe something as hitting harder. This thing is using far less than my old vape but totally baking and extracting everything, it is making me feel that someone has switched my jarred herb with stronger bud!

Wow.....i absolutely love the way you think.
I can just imagine at the end of the season and you have these strain's in the cookie jar's heading into Autumn....yummy.
I :love: your cool screen name. Mine blows.
And now I can say I know of three gardeners living way down under. :hookah:

I'll probably start off a new journal soon but for now I've just started popping some seeds in readiness for the coming outdoor grow season and there is never much happening to report in the beginning.

A Mango Sherbert (cheers sy) and CBD Express have stormed out of the damp paper towels with 2 cm tap roots and are already raising their heads above the soil. A Mexican Sativa (thanks Emeraldo) and Godfather a OG have so far not done anything. While a GrandDaddy Purple seed has some white matter erupting from the side that at first I thought was the beginning of a tap root but since then there has been no change and my feeling is these 3 are unlightly to sprout, altho I will give them a few more days just in case. I have give 3 more of the above seeds a light scuff and soak and hope I get some life out of those. When I received my WSE order one of the CBD Express seeds was smashed into pieces (these were by far the largest seeds of the 5 strains I ordered), I think it happened from the seed packets getting compressed together so now given I am a bit concerned that some of the other seeds that look fine may have been impacted :nervous-guy:. I was about to make another order with WSE but now I will wait a few days to see if the next lot of seeds pop, otherwise I might as well mention it to them before I order again. I had split the order with my brother who also has set off a second Godfather after his first one failed to pop but the other strains he sprouted fine.

I cast my election and cannabis referendum votes today. The referendum for recreational cannabis seems to be either be on a knife edge or looking to fall short, this is such a big moment for weed in NZ that the thought that it may fail by a few percent is heartbreaking. My 83 year old mother voted yesterday and said she voted yes and so did her 73 year old neighbor who gave her a lift to the polling station. There seems more positive stories recently of non smokers coming out and speaking up for the Yes vote. The buildup to this I feel has been heavily out spent by the naysayers and all the financial backing they've had to spend on scaremongering. A recent report has a majority of young voters being in the Yes camp, Today a report of many doctors who are also for it after lots of doctors complained to the NZ Medical Association for it's negative stance not being representative of them which caused the NZMA to declare itself now neutral, I couldn't help thinking thinking, a bit f*cking late as well as arrogant. I can't help keeping my fingers crossed for the possiblity of a Yes majority, altho a month ago I saw it as falling short. Newshub, I think will release the results of another poll on the cannabis referendum tomorrow morning, fingers fecking crossed again. I'm feeling a little bit more supported now with more positive media coverage of high profile folk coming out for it. It is great that "Aunty Helen" (Helen Clark our ex Prime Minister) is vocally supporting it, top marks to her and Chloe Swarbrick, I just wish Jacinda Ardern would similarly speak out loud for it. It would all help but probably half the voting population has already voted by now. So it is with bated breath that I wait and search for positive media articles in these last days :nervous-guy:. It'll be hugely wonderful if it gets over the line. I'll still be growing regardless, but what a lovely thing if it happened in my lifetime. Fingers crossed fellow kiwis and united global 420 supporters!!! :hookah:

Bugger, no sooner did I post the above I then read a just released TV1 poll finding 41% voting Yes and 51% voting No. I tell myself I don't care, and that I will grow anyway and of course I will, but at the same time it is gutting to consider this failing, especially when there has been so much well funded deliberate misinformation and scaremongering that has gone on. I have hoped that the kiwi voters will see thru that and give a big middle finger to the No camp, but it is still really dispiriting to read this prohibitionist crap.

Hey brother, I seen that poll and 41% of the voting population is a fair amount and they / we need the laws amended as obviously its incorrect as it is.
I'm with you whereas I wish things were done a little earlier too...... I'm holding on to it being legal to grow brother...
Would be so amazing for me to not have that stress.

When is the final tally done?
For some reason they are withholding releasing the results for 2 or 3 weeks. It feels quite nerve wracking that this moment of reckoning is so close and now upon us.

Hey brother, I seen that poll and 41% of the voting population is a fair amount and they / we need the laws amended as obviously its incorrect as it is.
I'm with you whereas I wish things were done a little earlier too...... I'm holding on to it being legal to grow brother...
Would be so amazing for me to not have that stress.
You're damn right there BC! My feeling is even if the Yes vote miss out by a few percent how the hell with, say, 40%+ can they bury this and deny us? I just wish those other pricks could just enjoy their wine, beer and G and T's and let the vaping smoking gardeners and all the folk who gain medical relief have their weed.

When I received my WSE order one of the CBD Express seeds was smashed into pieces (these were by far the largest seeds of the 5 strains I ordered), I think it happened from the seed packets getting compressed together so now given I am a bit concerned that some of the other seeds that look fine may have been impacted :nervous-guy:. I was about to make another order with WSE but now I will wait a few days to see if the next lot of seeds pop, otherwise I might as well mention it to them before I order again. I had split the order with my brother who also has set off a second Godfather after his first one failed to pop but the other strains he sprouted fine.

Hi Stunger!

Thank you so much for your message.

Have you contacted our support team already about the smashed seeds and the seeds that didn't sprout? If not, please do so! In such cases we are more than happy to sent out a free replacement as we want all our customers to be able to grow and to get what they have paid for.

Of course you can also sent me a DM and I will take care of it personally.

Thanks Stunger!

Kind regards,

David

Back
Top Bottom