Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

My coming grow

I am making some changes to how I grow on the balcony and I will soon detail this in a new grow journal in the coming weeks once I am underway.

Beans

It has often been such a disappointment trying to get beans only for orders to get seized, a waste of good money when they don't get here :lot-o-toke:.

But I am rapt to say I have a selection of new ones to try. I can probably only grow 3 which gives me the first problem of what to choose? :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

The New Caledonia sativa is a regular while the rest are feminised. For this coming grow I will probably just make a selection from the feminised beans, but I am thinking I may also grow out some regular Mulanje Sherbert seeds with the view of making crosses with whatever I end up growing (as well as getting another harvest of the Mulanje Sherbert!).

-- Sativa or sativa dominant --
New Caledonia (reg)
Super Lemon Haze
Golden Tiger
Nepal Jam
Thai Chi
Zamaldelica
Zamaldelica x Kali China
Killer A5 Haze
Leda Uno
Cinderella 99

-- Indica or indica dominant --
Frozen Black Cherry
Blueberry Cupcake
Black Valium
Black Domina

-- Autos --
Dark Devil Auto
Blue Dream'matic
Panana Lime

I find I really enjoy Sativa during the day, but I like to take an edible before sleeping and so far I have found that (for me) the pure Sativas seem a bit 'trippy' for sleeping whereas some of the Indica dominant strains that I have tried seem to avoid that and allow a really-nice-nothing-disturbs-me-deep-sleep.

The 3 autos I don't have an immediate plan for. Dark Devil Auto is one that has always sounded intriguing and looks striking altho it's yield can be quite small, with Blue Dream'matic I had read of some who had it as their No 1 choice which made me curious about it. If anything craps out in my coming grow then I may kick off an auto to take it's place if I am running out of time.
Anyway, nice to be back and hope all's going well for everyone! :ganjamon:

I highly recommend the Golden Tiger. Yeah it takes forever to flower but you’ll be rewarded with a 💩 load of some of the hardest hitting bud there is. Imho CL🍀 :thumb: :cheer:

I second the Golden Tiger. I'm planning on growing Golden Tiger early in 2024. CaptainLucky's reviews on it have been great and I'm looking forward to trying it once it's done.

Hey @Stunger ,

Looks like an interesting line up no matter what you choose. :thumb:

I don't know of you've run across it in the various journals yet, but a few of us (@Keffka , @Gee64 , @StoneOtter and me) have had some success detecting sex early in seedlings by growing them at 12/12 for the first 10 days above ground then reverting back to 18/6 (or whatever your usual is). They typically show between days 25-30.

That's a The Rev idea from True Living Organics but dont think it's in his book.

In any event, I didn't know if that might help you if you pop some regulars so thought I'd pass it along.

Cheers!

It's go time for you too. Winning.
Also winning on your top shelf MS. Finding those stunning specimens that you had a part in making and growing out is a very satisfying feeling.
Great to see you at it.
:passitleft:
Have a successful 9 months Gromes.
It's Hella hard to keep plants for 9? months Nice and healthy. Nevermind in pots.

I like that thinking Stunger! Those Dark Devil plants can be small and get tucked away too. Nice to see you back!
How dry were your buds when you rolled your cobs?
The best cobs are made when the weed is dry enough to put into jars for burping; sorry I don't know what the humidity is.
You can use weed that is just harvested if you wish, but the resulting cobs will be very dark in colour and the effects will be more spacey. The taste of dark cobs is not so pleasant as the lighter more terpy cobs. I make both but mainly the lighter coloured one's.
IMG_20230613_093704.jpg

Good to see you back @Stunger !
While everything I've heard of Golden Tiger says it's a great sativa, I'm wondering if you have the room for it?
The one @CaptainLucky grew was huge, and with the long outdoor season you have there couldn't one plant easily fill your balcony?
If you don’t need to be stealthy anymore, then this is a moot point of course.

While everything I've heard of Golden Tiger says it's a great sativa, I'm wondering if you have the room for it?
The one @CaptainLucky grew was huge, and with the long outdoor season you have there couldn't one plant easily fill your balcony?
The Golden Tiger isn’t going to be any bigger than a Malawi and for complete transparency I vegged for 90 days to get it that big. CL🍀. :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:

Also winning on your top shelf MS. Finding those stunning specimens that you had a part in making and growing out is a very satisfying feeling.
Great to see you at it.
It's Hella hard to keep plants for 9? months Nice and healthy. Nevermind in pots.
It’s challenging for sure but the rewards make it worth all the time n effort. CL🍀. :morenutes: :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Golden Tiger isn’t going to be any bigger than a Malawi and for complete transparency I vegged for 90 days to get it that big. CL🍀. :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:
His outdoor season is a lot longer than ours Cap.
The some of the plants in this journal vegged for 5 months.
Edit: Sorry, I got that wrong. The post I linked to says they're "in their 5th month of veg"

His outdoor season is a lot longer than ours Cap.
The some of the plants in this journal vegged for 5 months.
Damn I could grow some Redwood sized plants with a season that long. Yeah the Golden Tiger isn’t going to want to keep a low profile in that environment. But with a lot of supercropping and training it could be made bushier. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Great selection Stunger and I'm looking forward to the spring unveiling! I'm voting for Black Valium because a) I've never heard of it and b) I'd like you to get a short flowering indica out there to free up the space for the sativas you will surely be growing.
Thanks Shed! I hadn't heard of Black Valium either until researching my picks. But I liked what I read and it may be a good one to try as a strain that is right down at the Indica end of the spectrum. I haven't decided on what I'll kick off yet but that is one of the contenders that I am considering.

For what it is worth here is a description of Black Valium;
Black Valium is both deeply meditative, and extremely sedative. All encompassing, pain numbing and seriously noxious harvests from plants of the absolute highest caliber as far as Indicas are concerned. The South Cali G13 used in the program is hailed as one of the best G13 cuts in existence! Fan leaves are usually huge and dark black/olive green and the sticky incense perfumed flowers are a deep green, sometimes almost dark purple, reeking of plum, blackberry and strong Afghan hash thanks to that kick ass Ghost OG and LC Hash Plant. The lineage is made up of some of the heaviest, dankest Indica genetics in the Pacific North West and was selected for their supreme quality and devastatingly effective capabilities making this strain is perfect for both patient and recreational and spiritual use.
I second the Golden Tiger. I'm planning on growing Golden Tiger early in 2024. CaptainLucky's reviews on it have been great and I'm looking forward to trying it once it's done.
Cheers HG! I included Golden Tiger because of the many great reviews that I have read over the years. I just wish I had more space to really go to town and kick off a bunch more!
I don't know of you've run across it in the various journals yet, but a few of us (@Keffka , @Gee64 , @StoneOtter and me) have had some success detecting sex early in seedlings by growing them at 12/12 for the first 10 days above ground then reverting back to 18/6 (or whatever your usual is). They typically show between days 25-30.
Thanks Azi! Yes I have read you guys having success with that. I will probably be mostly germinating feminised. If I do any regulars, I will probably utilise the same approach I did last year by trying to take some very close macro style pics to determine the early signs of gender. That worked well for me and I am happy to do it again for the fun of looking for the telltale signs.
I like that thinking Stunger! Those Dark Devil plants can be small and get tucked away too. Nice to see you back!
How dry were your buds when you rolled your cobs?
Cheers Otter! I don't own a hygrometer to check humidity levels but in my limited experience so far in making cobs, I feel they need to have more moisture in the buds than we'd want for smoking it so if we tried to smoke any it would constantly need to be relit. So far the cobs I have made have been more at the lower end of the moisture scale for the more 'golden' appearance. 2 or 3 years ago I made cobs from a Strawberry Cough which my feeling upon testing that I'd let them dry a little too much.
Great to see you at it.
Thanks Lerugged! Yes the MS was a real surprise that I am really rapt about!

I'll third GT!
I've grown it 3 times and love it!
Cheers Hombre! Golden Tiger is well spoken of. Zamaldelica is another, have you tried that to compare with the GT?
Thanks Mel! To be honest I don't really have adequate room and whatever I grow I have to train (one way or another) from getting much taller than 2.5feet. There is no doubt that this coming grow is going to be another shit fight for space on the balcony!
Cheers CL! That's reassuring (I say that tongue in cheek).
Whatcha gonna be growing for the the new season? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
I wasn't sure if you were asking @Lerugged or me, but I haven't yet reached a decision on what my choices for my coming grow will be, altho I am very pleased to have a bunch to choose from. :hmmmm:

@Stunger , I did grow Zamaldelicia 3 years ago, alongside GT.
To be honest I wasn't overly impressed, I'm sorry to say. I did however cut her 2-3 weeks early due to bad weather, so that obviously detracted from the potency.
I'd grown Zamal many years ago and loved it, so had big expectations.
Saying that, I'd grow it again and let it fully ripen.
I grew some Zamal x Tom Hill haze last year and love that; I'm currently chewing a 400mg piece of it cobbed (after breakfast snack 😋).

Anything with Zamal in it has to be good. 😍

@Stunger , I did grow Zamaldelicia 3 years ago, alongside GT.
To be honest I wasn't overly impressed, I'm sorry to say. I did however cut her 2-3 weeks early due to bad weather, so that obviously detracted from the potency.
I'd grown Zamal many years ago and loved it, so had big expectations.
Saying that, I'd grow it again and let it fully ripen.
I grew some Zamal x Tom Hill haze last year and love that; I'm currently chewing a 400mg piece of it cobbed (after breakfast snack 😋).

Anything with Zamal in it has to be good. 😍
I did that with a Strawberry Cough a few years ago, in hindsight I chopped too early, probably by 2 or 3 weeks also. I don't like to think about it :lot-o-toke: , a fine looking plant, all that time spent into nurturing it, such a waste...

Speaking of cobs:surf:, that's all I have had in recent days, certainly saves the lungs. I am impressed with you making cobs of all your harvest, I can see myself doing the same, it is just a shame that I bought some expensive vaping kit not too long ago, that now it seems it'll lapse into non use.
I have heard good reports about the Zamal genetics and can imagine its potential may not get expressed if taken too early/late. For my once a year outdoor grow I could happily grow a bunch of strains for comparison, it's tough having to making a limiting choice.

Stop fluffing about mate. I have a canna filled balcony shaped hole in my life.

Got a hold of some G13 derivatives myself, big tough male looks likely to be the one I will try making my first (wanted not accidental) reg seeds from.

Going to put it over the choicest strains I have on hand to see what shakes out. Hopefully emulate some of the successes you've had brother.

Chasing that unique killer strain.

Stop fluffing about mate. I have a canna filled balcony shaped hole in my life.

Got a hold of some G13 derivatives myself, big tough male looks likely to be the one I will try making my first (wanted not accidental) reg seeds from.

Going to put it over the choicest strains I have on hand to see what shakes out. Hopefully emulate some of the successes you've had brother.

Chasing that unique killer strain.
I feel the same, there is not enough time to try them all so just want to focus on strains that are really good and do some homemade crosses and hopefully find some absolute bangers!

Back
Top Bottom