Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

Yeah Funny, what ever schedule works for you.

Remember they are living things. Subtle adjustments and consistency are best.

I do not know if you are going to grow nanners (Male flowers) from one mistake, but if you do not try to instill consistency you are going to stress them out and it may happen.

This is the beginning for you and you are going to make mistakes. Eventually you will have it "Dialed In" and this will all just be a funny memory for you. They are living things, but still they are weeds. They need very little to survive, but producing good bud is another story. I say to keep it simple and only make small adjustments when ever you change anything. The most dramatic thing that you do during the course of a grow is switch from veg to flower lighting. Just try to stay on a schedule you can live with. You will get it man, I seen people do a lot worse than you are right now. Your girls do look good after all you have been through. It is a game of patience. Just try to be cool.

Yeah Funny, what ever schedule works for you.

Remember they are living things. Subtle adjustments and consistency are best.

I do not know if you are going to grow nanners (Male flowers) from one mistake, but if you do not try to instill consistency you are going to stress them out and it may happen.

This is the beginning for you and you are going to make mistakes. Eventually you will have it "Dialed In" and this will all just be a funny memory for you. They are living things, but still they are weeds. They need very little to survive, but producing good bud is another story. I say to keep it simple and only make small adjustments when ever you change anything. The most dramatic thing that you do during the course of a grow is switch from veg to flower lighting. Just try to stay on a schedule you can live with. You will get it man, I seen people do a lot worse than you are right now. Your girls do look good after all you have been through. It is a game of patience. Just try to be cool.

man hopefully im not stressn em out too much.... i think takn away light for a full 24h from messn withthe light cycle is not really gona benefit them.... i figured if plants were out in the wild....and if they got 18hours sunlight, then suddenly its gone for 24hrs.... theyll freak out.... i think doing what i mentioned about 9-9pm is gona make em think 'oh... a couple weird days out of a year no biggie........'
damn i hope im not being a dumbass...
im such an impatient person.... its hard to stay calm... plus i dont even have weed to smoke.... damn...

hey 52, the heats gettn to us huh? yea great input from both of em. +reps if i could....
the damage has been done already.... i gave em 18hours.... didnt meanto but damn....
i turnt the lights on at 11 so i can kinda give em 10hrs light and 10hrs darkness so i can start back at 9-9......
i was originally gona try and see if i can flip it to being on at nighttime and off during the day, but i kinda like seein my plants as im actuve durin the day... and plus... i want my girls sleepn when i am too haha :goof:

the gnat problem is coming back.... i think theyre after the sap this time.... my leaves be having little brown spots and man.... i dont got no money today.... and im gettn tired o leavn them in the tent wit my girls at night.... cos i think thats when they do theyre lttle hit and runs..... howd that go-gnat work?

also.... my superskunks look like theyre dying as well as my og kush and afghani.... i was thinkin its either the transplant or the humidity being too low.... i threw in a plate with a wet papertowel next to my veg plants and ill see if anything improves.... i also forgot to use superthrive.... i get so damn distracted when shits happenin all at once....

Much cooler today than the last couple days but still pretty warm.

I + rep both G-dog and Growheart so its all good:grinjoint:

And the go gnats didn't work for me. I did a soil drench and area spray and neither worked. The main ingredient is cedar oil and it stinks. I guess its kinda like neem oil and basically suffocates them and the larvae in the soil. The area spray is good for spraying the little bastards while they are in flight but not much more than that. Iwill continue to keep my girls in pantyhose and perlite, so far no problems:) 4 pairs for $5 at walmart but you got to make sure you get the big girl pantyhose. Size Q was hard getting over the 5gal pots so I would recommend size K.

hmm.... i dont like stink. the fresh soil all my plants are sittin in from the recent transplants STINK. like fresh shit almost. its been like this for like 3 days already... just smellin like straight dung..... i mean figures... i was kinda breakn up the soil to make it a bit loose and found a big chunk o shit in there.... i was like um.... wtf.... so i just broke it up and sprinkled it around the soil.... (i had gloves on.....) :goof:
i asked my mom to give me her pantyhose, but she said shes given em to her mother already so..... i guess i goto wait on that.....

im flippn the bike i painted and built up tomorrow as well as doing the same guys tranny flush.... i should get some funds for my current issues... now lets just hope this dude dont flake out.... i bought the damn enamel and flatblack out my own pocket.... ima need that back fsho.....

get them yellow sticky pads for the bugs man. their like $5 for a pack of 4 pads, only thing is mine seems to trap a ton of flies instead of whitefies and gnats, but yah never know. best of luck to getting rid of that bug problem man... try homemade soap + water spray combo to ease the damage for now.

damn bruh i even recommended these to another grower but never got around to these myself.... i just couldnt find em at this bargain store that i go to... they only had sticky mouse traps.... damn i dont even have 5 bucks bruh.... i got black goo in my pipe that im fina scrape in a minute and a fat hole in my pocket.... homemade soap? is this the secret stuff u been using to keep that bd supergreen? :goof:
i might try the dishwashingsoap and water in a little, but what if they drink the soap??

Growing in pantyhose? I love it.

Breaking up turds in your soil? Hmmm Yeah I guess I am not a huge fan of organics. Smells, bugs, and in nature wild animals invade. Not going to state my total opinion on organics here as that is a huge fight magnet. I will say that with Chemicals you know Exactly what you are getting and they don't attract creatures or smells.

A grow op can be a humid smelly place. I try my hardest to make sure I do nothing smelly. I spread the plants out well enough to get light and air circulation, I do not water until the pots are light and I don't spray them with water or pretty much anything else. The less you do the better.

Yes you are going to lose fan leaves here and there. You are going to have leaves curl up and die sometimes. That don't always mean they are dying, but it can mean you have shocked them in some way. Subtle changes reduces shock. Transplanting, changes in lighting or nutes can make them go into shock. I have had plants go into shock and the best policy is subtlety.

wudup Dog, haha pantyhose sounds so fun i know lol! :goof:
man... my whole house stinks right now.... been stinkin.....
didnt know that only organics would smell so funky... now i know.
i was like..... this cant be bat shit.... cos then thats one huge ass bat with a dunghole the size of a donkeys.... LOL yukkk
is this the reason why im having so many visitors? do people who use chem soil differ?

i havent done nothing since i watered em... i was deciding if i should spray em or not... but i dont think thats the problem so im not doing it.... i think my plants are beggin for lumens..... and i know they didnt like the way i transplanted them.... esp. ogk... that little cup was molded up so i broke up all the soil from the roots and then replanted....
subtle is key. gotcha. be subtle funnystylez be subtle. :reading420magazine:

Growing in pantyhose? I love it.

Breaking up turds in your soil? Hmmm Yeah I guess I am not a huge fan of organics. Smells, bugs, and in nature wild animals invade. Not going to state my total opinion on organics here as that is a huge fight magnet. I will say that with Chemicals you know Exactly what you are getting and they don't attract creatures or smells.

A grow op can be a humid smelly place. I try my hardest to make sure I do nothing smelly. I spread the plants out well enough to get light and air circulation, I do not water until the pots are light and I don't spray them with water or pretty much anything else. The less you do the better.

Yes you are going to lose fan leaves here and there. You are going to have leaves curl up and die sometimes. That don't always mean they are dying, but it can mean you have shocked them in some way. Subtle changes reduces shock. Transplanting, changes in lighting or nutes can make them go into shock. I have had plants go into shock and the best policy is subtlety.

i just spent an hour bolting up the mogul sockets to that one black reflector i was using for the veg..... and found out the flouros dont work.... i was given a 125w cfl as well as a 100w cfl and i think theyre both done for.... the 125w flickered a bit when i turnd it on, then i turnt it off.... turnt it back on not even a flicker....
figures... these bulbs werent new at all, theyve been used and passed on to me so eh i havent lost anything but a few layers of skin and some sweat.... haha! :goof:
im gettn better at wiring at least :)

lol. nah, i dont spay soap water on my bd, just reg ol' non ph'd water, and i keep her outside for a good 7 hours if weather permits, so i don't know how you're getting bugs and im not, and i use the sticky pad outside to trap most of the suckers, but and before i bring her in, i brush most of the undersides of the leaves to get rid of them chillin bugs. So far my bd is bug free, and 21 inches... (looks like im endin up with that 4 foot monster...)

May i suggesting taking them outside on a hot day (if you have one coming up) to help dry em out and so that you can clean out the tent. and they get some nice energy boost from the sun.

pssh, yah, as long as you don't dehydrate them to the point that the leaves start drying out, your fine. also, if it's really windy, the stocks on your girls will harden up up big time and give great support for the bud weight later on (but that requires more than 1 day...). But yah, 1 day shouldnt hurt, more like benifit, and your indoor station will be clean as a whistle next time you bring em in. Also, make whatever modifications you want in the tent too, that way you have working room without droping anything on your girls :))

ill update my journal sometime later this week, nothing new has happened, and im giving her a couple more days before i switch to flowering mode.

:rollit:

mmm i think the temps might be perfect tomorrow so the majority of my plants will soak some of it.... my superskunks need attention and i havent been givin it to em... been messn with the Hulkz way too much....
next watering ill be adding superthrive and see how that helps out... all leaves are drooping at the moment none are yellowing.... they all feel soft and weak too.... ill just have to wait and see.... letem adjust a bit....
got hella greensoap so ima be wipin my tent down with it.... :)
man i got high hopes for your dreamgirl.... its gona get crazy! :goof:

a little fyi, since this is your first grow, may i suggest not getting to worried when something little happens, give it a couple of days, or even a week to see if it gets better or worse. On my first grow, i babies her alot and spazzed out on every little thing that went wrong. Just relax, sit back, and if things start getting worse and you see no positive improvement, then take action, or else if its the first day you've noticed things, then dont worry to much. just remindin yah to chillax a lil, take it one day at a time :)

(pic update soon?)

:grinjoint:

flics are comin in a little.... wow the superthrive workd wonders for one of the skunks. talk about 10 minutes that thing sprung back to LIFE! :goof:
yea the first day ive seen em go downhill i did absolutely nothing. i knew to just ride it out a little.... and thats what i did. i saw both of my superskunks get droopier and sad.... as well as the afghanis and the ogk so i knew this morning i hada do a little something....
i misted them down with 3drops of superthrive added to like a cupand a half in a spray bottle....
im not givin enough light to my plants in veg side and im workn on it...
im tryin out clonin today with some peat pellets and HD rooting powder...

a little fyi, since this is your first grow, may i suggest not getting to worried when something little happens, give it a couple of days, or even a week to see if it gets better or worse. On my first grow, i babies her alot and spazzed out on every little thing that went wrong. Just relax, sit back, and if things start getting worse and you see no positive improvement, then take action, or else if its the first day you've noticed things, then dont worry to much. just remindin yah to chillax a lil, take it one day at a time :)

(pic update soon?)

:grinjoint:

wuddup MountainHigh, thanks for comin thru!
i dont know if im keepn up with my girls or freakn out....
but im tryin my best here, i want all of us to have the best christmas :) :yahoo:

the Zen is pure inspiration brother. word. :thanks: (for the +reps as well)

:reading420magazine: Subscribing...beautiful plants brother! Really great job!

:peace: +rep

heres an Update.....

Day 10 flower for the Hulkz.... (40dayveg)
Day 25 veg for the superskunkz... (from clone)
Day 12 veg for the ogkushz.... (from seed)
Day 9 veg for the afghani... (from seed)

First ill start off with the superskunkz... theyve been pretty sad lately... so ive been supplementing with a bit of superthrive, both foliar and watering.... 1 skunk reacted pretty quick to the misting and sprung back a bit but the other is still lookn hella lazy....
i put both outside in the balcony to soak some in... sun seems to come and go right now....
SDC11291.jpg

**this is superskunk1 the one thats having a harder time....

SDC11292.jpg

**superskunk2 the one that sprungback a little

found this little bug as well as some just like it chilln under the skunkleaves when they were perked up on a sunny day.....
any idea what kinda bug it is? is it out for my sap?
SDC11280.jpg
SDC11279.jpg

*fiddln with a piece of paper....

i decided to pick someo these up :) i dont know if theyll really help with the smaller faster bugs... but the bigger crane flies and mosquitos and whatnot.... i figured theyd provide some backup... plus theyre greeeeen!! :) just added em to the veg side and seems like theyve been poppn out a few more heads......
SDC11297.jpg

ogk1 which is in my veg chamber with the afghani is doing pretty bad.... i tried the humidity dome treatment... but umm i just misted her down and put her outside to soak a little sun too.....
SDC11295.jpg

ogk2 which has been gettn the wnidow treatment since day4 or 5 i think......
shes doin great, took the transplant great.
SDC11298.jpg
SDC11299.jpg

the little afghani that seemd troubled for a bit... but i think its cos she was transplanted too early and dropped like 3 times from the cup..... ive been a stoner.... =/
SDC11294.jpg

ive also had success sproutin some basilbeans!! my first go was a fail but i guess i got lucky this time.....
SDC11296.jpg

now for the Hulkz! SMASH!
i guess other than losing a few lower leaves everyday, they seem fine. so far i have what i think are 4/5 females.... i forgot to take shots of the pistils but ill do that in a bit..... i think i found a male also.... i see real tiny balls instead of pistils.... temps in the tent are great today..... but i still needa upgrade my air circulation cos i cant js be leavn the tent open everyday.....
SDC11289.jpg

temps under my reflector/right on top of canopy...
SDC11290.jpg

group shot of the bunch.....
SDC11283.jpg
SDC11284.jpg

heres some weird ass stem shots.... they came from being lstd..... i was thinking after i confirm the male im gona do slight tiedowns just to expose inner budsites.... not too much just a little tug.... no overkill this time......
SDC11288.jpg
SDC11287.jpg
SDC11286.jpg

i also tried out some clonin..... i bought this one jiffy tray with 25 peatpellets for 5 bucks and the green light rooting powder for another 5 i think.... so far i snippd 5 mini hulkz from the bottom.... hope these go well :)
SDC113001.jpg

im taking additional flics right now....... be back in a bit....

Just a thought, but if you get droopies, get a humidity dome on them. A high humidity environment will keep them alive til you can sort the problem.

:peace: Hope that helps in time.

Back
Top Bottom