Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

yea i had similar thoughts somewhere in my damn head haha.... ummm at first it was just a cheap substitute for lowering my ph, but i started using a bit of it with every watering since the girls didnt seem to be bothered...

i was just spooked to not use it after ive used it a few times. ive done some reading and they use molasses for both veg and flower. i have yet to read more, so i will keep you posted SourD.

thanks for stopping by mate +reps

haha thanks dude, im hoping for at least 3 girls :wood:

oh quick update: ive been watering half a liter to each pot, which is equivalent to a bottle of water. is this too little? also, transplanting....any suggestions when i should put them in their 3 gallons?

im also thinking about using the blood meal 12-0-0 and the other bag of 4-4-4 goodies i have for nutes and replacing the MG nutes im currently using. i think this will cancel out the need to be using any other nutes and allow me to use plain tap water and molasses when needed... cant hurt to try right? :morenutes:

Hey funny, sick looking set up! outdoors but kinda not really haha, i always wanted to try that actually. They're coming along super nicely. As for the nutes, they should be good on nutes for about 3 weeks after you see the first sprout. They have everything they need to grow until they're over 12 inches tall. Giving them nutes now could burn them. If you dont want to wait and just get it done with. I'd recommend just a light top soil dressing right now and then full strength when you move them into bigger pots.

In Cali, the usual outdoor harvest is around the end of october so you could end up going into flowering quicker than you thought lol.. No biggie at all though, I've seen HUGE bud grown flowering 12/12 from seed. you'd be surprised at how well the roots grow when they're seeds instead of clones.

Tap water sounds good enough for the plants so you shouldn't have a problem with that. Might just want to pH the run off once they get a little bigger to be safe.

Just a couple recommendations for your grow if you got the money, they'll make sure your plants stay realllll healthy and if they ever get sick, you'll know how to treat them.

1. Superthrive: This stuff is crazy, if you're plants sick or damage, or even if it's a young plant that you want to shoot up, just add 5 drops of this stuff per gallon when you water it and the plant will show immediate signs of improvement. DONT water your plants with this every time, only when they're looking sick. This stuff is strong and cheap but will help you out in times of need.

Superthrive?

2. Hygrozyme: This will help keep your soil/medium nice and clean. It'll also help your roots oxygenate well. Its a natural alternative to hydrogen peroxide that's meant for soil basically. I water my plants with 8 ml per gallon every 3 waterings. It will really help your roots grow IMO. It's not too expensive for a smaller bottle of it either. This isn't a HUGE importance to your grow because you're using mostly soil and roots tend to grow pretty well in soil but it will definately help. It's really hard to burn your plants with this stuff too so thats a big + too

You're plants should do beautifully. I don't think you need to worry about the plants getting too much sunlight, they should do beautifully. And the fluorescent lights you got should help those young guys get a great start with very small internodal distance.

I'm tuned in! :popcorn:
Can't wait to see what the next update is! Everythings looking great so far :]

haha thanks dude, im hoping for at least 3 girls :wood:

oh quick update: ive been watering half a liter to each pot, which is equivalent to a bottle of water. is this too little? also, transplanting....any suggestions when i should put them in their 3 gallons?

im also thinking about using the blood meal 12-0-0 and the other bag of 4-4-4 goodies i have for nutes and replacing the MG nutes im currently using. i think this will cancel out the need to be using any other nutes and allow me to use plain tap water and molasses when needed... cant hurt to try right? :morenutes:

You should feel your soil to determine if your giving them too much water. Stick your finger about an inch under and see if it feels damp/wet. If it is, let em dry out a little more until it starts feeling dry. It's much easier to overwater than underwater. The ones with perlite will air out faster than plain soil. Once you get a feel for how heavy they are, you can check if they need water just by pickin em up.

Be careful not to overdue the nitrogen if your mixing nutes. It's really easy to over-do nute's too. If you're gonna switch, make sure to give the soil a good flush before putting the stuff in. Always heard good things about molasses and I'm sure it'll help out a lot. For plants, bigger pots ALWAYS = better. The more the roots have to grow, the bigger, healthier, and better your plants will be. I moved mine into they're 3-5 gallon pots when they were less than a foot tall.

When your changing the pots, water them a bit to make sure the soil stick together a little and gently slide them out and drop em into the little hole you've made in the 3 gallons. I'd recommend letting the nut's "brew" with the soil a little. Mix it all up a day before and water it down a little to let the nutrients settle in. You should be good to put them in the bigger pots whenever! Good luck on everything! :)

woah Thanks kylester816!! haha straight showin me love mayne thats tight!! :cool:

hmm where do i start...........

as for my outdoor project i think it may have to wait.... its raining here in los angeles today, no sun whatsoever, and getn a little cold outside. i think the temps will start to decrease starting today so ill just have to keep an eye on whatever i got so far.

a word on the Superthrive. dude thanks a lot... i had already used this stuff a few times, but it was back to back watering.... big mistake i guess? i dont think it hurt them at all but i shouldnt be doing that like you said if its that potent.
i will limit the Superthrive to when im transplanting or maybe when i feel they need a boost. :)

Hygrozyme was actually on my next *pickup list, as well as some botanicare flowering nutes. good word on that haha! ive read very good things man

good tip on letting the little nutes settle in :)
i want everything to go well and i have high hopes. only trying to do whats best at my current budget.

i just picked up a tent that ill be setting up soon which is a pretty dope size for my closet. measurements are 36" x 20" x 62" i cant spend anything on expensive light setups so ill just have to wing another cfl setup. i think ill do somethin about air flow too eh just takes a little thinking haha... i plan to make this my flowering chamber and keep whats outside on the table the veggin spot...

and pots... im leaning towards going a similar direction to yours, transplanting when theyre under a foot tall. i only have a couple 3 gallons in storage so im thinking i might pick up some of those smart pots like yours 816. maybe not 5 gallons like yours, ill stick to 3 for now. im getn anxious to try those pots man.... your grow simply amazes me.:grinjoint:

thanks for stoppin by mayne! :smokin: +reps

imo the reason MG is dumped on is because so many newer growers use it their first time, before they dial in their grow, so results are usually less than ideal.

there are some really good growers with great results using MG.

One of the main reasons people are down on mg through out the grow is because it will make your buds taste like ass.

I could see MG making your buds taste like ass if your overdoing it or using time release nutes that are in their soil, but if you flush properly, no taste but nice sticky bud.

In any soil grow, my plants spend their last 4 days with their roots (soil removed) hanging in a 1 gallon milk jug filled with a flush or just plain H2O. No soil or nutes taste after that. So as long as you can flush em, use whatever nutes you want. I've heard more bad about the nute burn than the taste and the MG Perlite SUCKS regardless!!!.

i am beginning to think not all of my seeds were what i thought they were..... i mean they were seeds that came from some mids but it might be possible it was pollenated by other plants.....

or can pollenation really take things back to their own gene pools and cook sumthin up?
i.e, all 5 plants are in flower chamber, 2 males in there. the 2 males pollenate all 3 females. seeds pop out, theyre planted. they all start growing with different characteristics..... possible? :hmmmm:

i.e, IH#0's second set of leaves only have 4 blades.... the others that were started later been having all 5 on their second sets.... IH#3 has fat rounder leaves.... and damn im so damn high off this jupiter :yahoo:

feel free to rant mates :)

I could see MG making your buds taste like ass if your overdoing it or using time release nutes that are in their soil, but if you flush properly, no taste but nice sticky bud.

In any soil grow, my plants spend their last 4 days with their roots (soil removed) hanging in a 1 gallon milk jug filled with a flush or just plain H2O. No soil or nutes taste after that. So as long as you can flush em, use whatever nutes you want. I've heard more bad about the nute burn than the taste and the MG Perlite SUCKS regardless!!!.

what it do herbsnbuds thanks for swingin thru.

i just had a feeling someone was gona say somethin about the MG perlite hahaha..... damn..... im gona get some funds pretty soon so im def gona buy some new perlite for the transplant.

and the flushes, ill keep that in mind forsure :cool:

but hey SnowBender, why do people say it makes the bud taste like ass??
i would bet mostly bad dry and cure.
plus if you just wet MG enough to water with no runoff and dont flush, and then dry the weed in 2days, its gonna taste like ass for sure.

I always will say you can't have to much of a pot for plants. They will grow to alotted size. If you do a transplant, I always score the root ball down the sides with my pocket knife, them op the tap root loose alittle. I seen you have blood meal, blood and bone meal go in every hole I've ever dug. Blood is a good supply of nitro, and the bone is a slower break down for roots and flower. Bone meal takes close to 3 months to break down and its next to imposible to over fertilize, unless your a total fool. GL in your grow and I'll peek back in some time. Keepem Green +

hey Wood! thanks for droppin in mate! :yahoo:

thanks for the tip on the blood and bone meal. im most definately going to use the bone meal but i think ill read a bit more about the blood meal, since nitro is what scared me most at the moment.

ive just been on other threads and those girls are so fcked up cos off their soil mix and crfs.

hope you stop by soon wood, ill be updating today with some pics.

id like to keep my updates with pics every other day, since uploading and organizing 5 pics of each girl is a pain.....

more to come peeps! :thanks:

btw Wood, your doghouse..... motivated me, and it still does! :thanks: <--- no homo on the flowers..... haha!

quick UPDATE :ganjamon:

i smoked a blunt and it happened to be purps in it woooo faded

ok my mom tryna use the laptop so i goto make this quick haha notice the headline....

i took pictures today with my other camera, but its gona take too damn long so ima just use what i got on my phone...

this is a snap from sept 29th when i was tryna figure out the damn wire hangers and mylar blanket to work..... i winged the shit out of it, and it looked way worse than what it does now..... now it actually looks like a dome and it works way better :Rasta:
ok... here it is lol
IMG002901.JPG

heres the flic i took today which is oct. 5th
IMG00297.JPG

front 2 plants starting from the left are IH0-IH2 and the rear 3 are IH3-IH1-IH4

theyre getn bushy :yahoo:

oh yea.... for flowering i had thought about so many things, but in my small ass closet and the amount im tryna keep harvesting,..... i resorted to pickin up a tent... i mean it hasnt came yet but its an ebay one i tried to spend the least
The tent is 2 x 4 x 5 which is perfect for my 5 x 5.5 x i think like 8 or 9? -__-

i dont think ima use any of those hids either, i dont got no money for that or ventilation stuff.... ima stick to cfls, but i goto make a better reflector... one that would hold maybe like (8) 42 watts or something eh well see.....

ill update some better flics tomorrow mates goodnight! (LA):peacetwo:

also, is there a strain out there that doesnt smell like bud at all when you grow it? i want something thatll look presentable haha its gona be a house plant, but i dont want my mom complainin bout the smell, she just kinda said some shit to me right now bout the weedsmell..... i just smoked a blunt in my room hahaha. my mom and i we chill like that but i dont think she likin the blunt smell :blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

i prefer a plant that would....................... actually shit..... i dont care if it looks just like my damn girls(hopefully they are) but it just cant smell like nothin as it grows........... ima hang a stupid fancy lil hood over it from the celing so it actually does get some light. the hood might be like one o those lamp cover thingys but with mylar on the inside or sumn.... iono ima cook somethin up forsure. this time foreal nite mates :rollit:

funny,
just dropped in...ya know, i think ive grown every way in soil i could...my first dirt garden was in a tiny little closet with 3 grow "bulbs" hanging from the pole, in outside dirt, just the dirt outside type...with miracle grow, and i grew 3 scraggly plants that i was just as proud of as the ones i grow now...we all do what we have to do, and its all good...admire your spunk and want to....oh, and they got me really stoned....leaves and all...good on ya...L:rollit:

Hey Funnystyle just stopping by to check your set up out, pretty cool that your mom is okay with it, I remember my first time trying to germinate seeds back living with my parents, managed to get one up to 10" or so before it got ripped out of the backyard garden hahaha. Nice stuff so far :goodjob:

i am beginning to think not all of my seeds were what i thought they were..... i mean they were seeds that came from some mids but it might be possible it was pollenated by other plants.....

or can pollenation really take things back to their own gene pools and cook sumthin up?
i.e, all 5 plants are in flower chamber, 2 males in there. the 2 males pollenate all 3 females. seeds pop out, theyre planted. they all start growing with different characteristics..... possible? :hmmmm:

i.e, IH#0's second set of leaves only have 4 blades.... the others that were started later been having all 5 on their second sets.... IH#3 has fat rounder leaves.... and damn im so damn high off this jupiter :yahoo:

feel free to rant mates :)

The thing about bagseed is that, you just never know. From what I read there is just no way to know anything about the plant really, other than that if there is seeds in the buds, chances are the genetics aren't good, or the grower was lazy/careless and didn't catch all the males. Even if the bud was an amazing smoke and healthy plant etc if the genetics aren't stable it's not going to necessarily pass that along. It's all about the genetics! But I think for first-timers like you and I, bag seed is perfect to learn with. For my next grow it will be either feminized seeds or clones if I can get my hands on them.

Let's keep the information flowing and get these buds a growin! :peacetwo: , it's :bongrip: time :D

Back
Top Bottom