G13xHaze-Fem ScrOG

6-? weeks. The best way to tell is to get a miroscope to see the trichs. When you get the right Amber/cloudy ratio you like more cloudy being an up effect. And more Amber being more couchlock effect. I like a 33/66 ratio or 50/50 ratio depending on the strain. Heres some helpful info from our 420 harvest page:

The essential facts of timing your harvest

You've managed to make it to the end. You've maintained your plants well, now it's getting closer to harvest time, and you're wondering just how and when to harvest and dry those beautiful buds. Hopefully I can give you some insight into how this can be successfully done; the do's and dont's of proper harvesting and curing. First, lets take a look at the harvest side of things.

Timing of your harvest is critical! Harvesting at maximum ripeness is the key. In my experience, there is usually a five to seven day window when the Cannabis plant will be at maximum ripeness. To understand this, you will need a jeweler’s loupe, or magnifying lens, light optional. I would recommend a power of 30x or better, but you can get by with less. A greater magnification makes it much easier to see the trichome heads at the top of the stalked resin glands.

Resin gland color, potency, and type of high

Gland color will vary with ripeness of the individual THC glands, starting at clear, turning to milky, then turning to an amber color. There may be some exceptions, such as some of the Blue strains and Blackberry. These will have darker, sometimes purple gland heads. But by far and large, these three steps of ripeness will exist with the vast majority of strains on the market. The first stage, clear, will tend to make for a more cerebral, up high, with very little body effect. Harvesting at this stage when little if any trichomes are milky yet, can be tricky. Harvesting too early can make for a beautiful plant that will not have much psychoactive capability! THC needs to "mature" to be able to pass its psychoactive capabilities down to the smoker. This is why I always recommend waiting until 50% of the trichomes hit the second stage: milky or creamy. At this point, you will definitely have a plant which has reached its genetic potential.

The milky trichomes have some "cerebral" qualities, as well as some of the more "physical" characteristics of the high. The last stage, amber, brings on a more sedative, physical stone. If this is what you're looking for, than I would recommend a sativa/indica cross, or an indica dominant plant. Amber trichomes seem to ruin a sativa high if the plant goes too long. The below photo is a good example of a ripe plant: at least 50% of the gland heads have turned "milky," some heads are still clear, and a few are amber. This plant was harvested two days later.

Many times you'll read from new growers, "My hairs are 50% changed to brown or red, looks like its ready to come down." Calyx hairs turning color is one thing, calyx hairs withering, is another. When they have withered, they are for the most part, as ripe as they will get. But just turning red/brown does not necessarily mean the plant is ready. Calyx hairs are just an indicator that the plant is ripening, not necessarily ripe yet. I have taken full Indica strains with 60% hairs turned, and sativas when 90% hairs have turned, and they were all at peak ripeness. The trichome color is the only true indicator!

when-to-harvest_1_.jpg

Sorry bro I may have missed it but what are the dimensions of your garden? I'm thinking of maybe doing a scrog... at least giving it a try... I guess it depends on how peoples harvests look... :popcorn:

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

check this out..Great thread!! w/ huge amount of scrog info along w/ Muki's grows. These have to be the best examples of a scrog on 420.:grinjoint:

Them Trich's will tell the story for sure. I have a satavia that went for 16 weeks and still could've gone another. They have a Indo thru BC that claims 40days if you can believe that? Well they claim 50% THC too. 2 grand for 10 seed I think. Far as I'm concerned they better come full grown with clones for that price. But Plants look good dude. Don't ever rush your harvest. Them last couple weeks fatten up your bud and the weights. Also decide if quality of the 'high'. To each on the high but don't we all want our plants to be all they can be? Looks Good Dude. ++++ but I can't Lates Dude.

Sorry bro I may have missed it but what are the dimensions of your garden? I'm thinking of maybe doing a scrog... at least giving it a try... I guess it depends on how peoples harvests look... :popcorn:

hey bro, the dimensions are 5' by 10'. 50 sq ft. 3.3 m squared. According to dopeseeds.com G-13xHaze yields up to 500g/m squared. Im gonna round down and say 250g/m. 250g x 3.3msq= 825g=25oz. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but by the look of the buds, I deff recomend SCROG... do it. Requires some effort but I think it will pay off, although this is my first scrog too lol. Wish me luck!

and btw, 9 nine plants for all those that just tuned in.....

hey bro, the dimensions are 5' by 10'. 50 sq ft. 3.3 m squared. According to dopeseeds.com G-13xHaze yields up to 500g/m squared. Im gonna round down and say 250g/m. 250g x 3.3msq= 825g=25oz. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but by the look of the buds, I deff recomend SCROG... do it. Requires some effort but I think it will pay off, although this is my first scrog too lol. Wish me luck!

Thanks... :thanks:
I have some space with little head space I am thinking of doing it on but I have two grows to set up before that... may be a month or two but I plan on at very least trying it... I'll see your results first :popcorn:

Im on week 7, some of the more indica dominant ones are starting to build up crystals and the flowers are joining into one main cola on each branch. The sativas are a lil behind, but I hope they come out the same. ..

whats up, this was my first ScrOG so I am still learning. But I learned next time, keep training well into flowering. I stopped about a week or two in flowering and they stretched to the point where it might break the branch to bend n train it. So I would say keep training the girls and keep and even screen level until buds are beginning to form....

Im on week 7, some of the more indica dominant ones are starting to build up crystals and the flowers are joining into one main cola on each branch. The sativas are a lil behind, but I hope they come out the same. ..

The reason for the sativas being behind is they flower later, then idicas. So as far as harvesting goes, you may end up w/ couchlock on the indicas unless you harvest those earlier then the sativas. otherwise if you harvest them all at once. Couchock on the indicas and the sativas you can pretty much get those how you want then to be. Thats one thing that i hav eto recommend for scrogs. always get strains that are similar in flowering times. I.E: all sativa or all indica. Just a thought for the future. Great job Stoob. One hell of a grow!! and these next 2-3 weeks are going to be insane as far as fattening up goes. Take daily picts for yourself and after you harvest the scrog. Then goe back and you can see them fatten before your eyes. I ALWAYS do this. Its like looking at picts of your kids.:goodjob:

Im surviving lol...but the girls on the other hand, well they are living happily. I get my joy from them.... anyways, sorry for no updates sooner. Here is DAY 56 OF FLOWERING...
101_0575.JPG

101_0574.JPG

101_0573.JPG

101_0571.JPG

What you guys think, are they on track for week 8?

Question, could I use the dirt I used for the scrog, for my next grow?

Back
Top Bottom