Ganesha's Evolution

Sure, but it started with one and now it's showing up on multiple fan leaves in a short amount of time that's not good and this thing has to flower 14 weeks.
IMG_2774.JPG

But more like? Roots not happy in the SIP? or ph as well my level wasn't right the past few feeds but the new meter is in so next feed will be adjusted correctly.

I've also popped two more Channel seeds as I can veg on the terras now with daylight then I can just pop them in the tent to flower.
She actually looks good to me.

If she were mine I’d clock the issue for now and watch and wait. Plants, like us are designed to survive. Most times when given the chance, like us, they right themselves. Of course sometimes we need treatment, but for now I’d watch and wait.

Azi is the science guy. He will no doubt have a treatment idea if it comes to that.

She actually looks good to me.

If she were mine I’d clock the issue for now and watch and wait. Plants, like us are designed to survive. Most times when given the chance, like us, they right themselves. Of course sometimes we need treatment, but for now I’d watch and wait.

Azi is the science guy. He will no doubt have a treatment idea if it comes to that.
I can't, already saw it get to 7-ish leaves? That's something is off for me.. so I need the feeling that I've tried something :) So I calibrated new ph meter.. made new feed.. dumped what was left from the reservoir of the Malawi and taking the res off I already noticed lots of roots made it into the reservoir the roots looked reddish pink but that's colouring from the feed. Did a bit of a peroxide flush and then reassembled and gave new feed at ph5.8
IMG_1712865791823.JPEG

And with the Channel+ I'm kinda also not happy, as well it's the thickest stem I grew indoors and she's lush yet the buds are off.
They are not chunky, the buds forming on the Malawi they are broad with loads and loads of hairs, that's kinda what the Channel normally does and that to me indicates it's gonna grow a fat top, but I haven't seen them on this plant.
IMG_1712865785751.JPEG

Grumble, not good.. Problem still progressing on the Malawi, it's also reaching the buds not just the large fan leaves.
If that keeps up that's gonna be a big miss as well she still got heaps of flowering ahead.
IMG_1713474987540.JPEG
IMG_1713474981132.JPEG
IMG_1713474992697.JPEG

And the Channel+ I don't know what this is but these bud aren't right at all either.. Well the buds on the Malawi are great, that's how they should be, these are tiny, massive stem, big healthy plant, super tiny buds, that's a first for me. I've gotten big buds of scrawny little plants.. and yeah pinpointing it.. is it the feed? but outside that worked like a charm, is the cold temps? I feel that's possible but the Malawi is growing big nugs, but her process is a lot slower, Channel flowers very short.
Although maybe it's overfeed, as I did suspect I chucked to many pellets in the pots, and that's coming to bite me in the bud with flowering as well those leaves are very dark and glimmering where they are not affected.

Hmm not happy,

Channel nug.. tssssss
IMG_1713474999020.JPEG

Anyhow got a second channel popping up soon, and I'm going classic to save the day, my biggest fabric pot.
B284's perlite-soil lasagna layered method.
Biocanna feed as that worked great last time, and I don't need to hassle with PH- a lot as usually when everything is mixed in the water the PH ends up where it should be.
Temps are down again but well next month it's gonna be right, and with the tent being cooler positioned that's actually gonna help out in the Summer as previous location got too hot too easy in the Summer.
IMG_1713475017226.JPEG

Sorry it’s not working out the way you would like. I wish I had some advice.

Good luck just the same :)
Luck doesn't seem to be working :p
Well the Channel will have something to keep me going, small or big, they're tasty, and the Malawi I'm gonna keep her going for as long as she can.
I'm gonna put it down to excessive nitrogen + not ideal climate , the small buds on the Channel as well as that's also a possible consequence of too much N. Just as very dark green shiny leaves.

I'm also prepping another SIP if I still have enough soil left as a lot went into that bag yesterday possibly for a second channel or a runtz.

Grumble, not good.. Problem still progressing on the Malawi, it's also reaching the buds not just the large fan leaves.
If that keeps up that's gonna be a big miss as well she still got heaps of flowering ahead.
IMG_1713474987540.JPEG
IMG_1713474981132.JPEG
IMG_1713474992697.JPEG

And the Channel+ I don't know what this is but these bud aren't right at all either.. Well the buds on the Malawi are great, that's how they should be, these are tiny, massive stem, big healthy plant, super tiny buds, that's a first for me. I've gotten big buds of scrawny little plants.. and yeah pinpointing it.. is it the feed? but outside that worked like a charm, is the cold temps? I feel that's possible but the Malawi is growing big nugs, but her process is a lot slower, Channel flowers very short.
Although maybe it's overfeed, as I did suspect I chucked to many pellets in the pots, and that's coming to bite me in the bud with flowering as well those leaves are very dark and glimmering where they are not affected.

Hmm not happy,

Channel nug.. tssssss
IMG_1713474999020.JPEG

Anyhow got a second channel popping up soon, and I'm going classic to save the day, my biggest fabric pot.
B284's perlite-soil lasagna layered method.
Biocanna feed as that worked great last time, and I don't need to hassle with PH- a lot as usually when everything is mixed in the water the PH ends up where it should be.
Temps are down again but well next month it's gonna be right, and with the tent being cooler positioned that's actually gonna help out in the Summer as previous location got too hot too easy in the Summer.
IMG_1713475017226.JPEG
Nitrogen toxicity?

Nitrogen toxicity?
Most likely, as the claw is there, but very little I could do about it as I used time release pellets so everything was already in the can.

Feed is still a bit of an issue, the Biocanna I got works great but it's not good for Sipping as it's not meant for sitting in a res and goes real smelly & gunky.
I tried Terra Aquatica, and that works, but it definitely requires flushing which is a pita with these sips.
So now I've been trying these Zamnesia/Bionova pellets but they don't have a clear dose it's just says a pack is good for one or two plants.
I've had them work wonders outdoors but it's the first time trying them indoors.
Actually I'm gonna write them and complain about that.. I want a grams to litre soil ratio.

Don't be so hard on yourself and the plants. They're gonna bloom up, they look like they're still getting ready for a growth spurt. My channel+ is similar. All the buds stacked at the tip tops.

Happy 420 💚
Ah right it was 420 :) happy happy!

hmmm I politely disagree.. those buds are not normal for Channel+ the structure isn't there at the buds to form big buds, they are also getting ready as a lot of brown pistils and milky trichs. But there's indeed still some expansion of some sideway warts 😆

Like with the Malawi (which I flushed) although I think another reason is again too much rootmass in the res. I need to put some rootcloth under the hydroton so there's no more roots going into the res or well at least they'll take some extra weeks before they found a way behind the cloth and back to the water strip.
but these forming nugs look great, they look like they can grow into big buds.
IMG_2801.JPG

But these on the Channel.. I mean.. just look at them!!! What the hell is even is that?
IMG_2802.JPG
IMG_2803.JPG

Those are Abby Normal buds.
Not a standard deviation, I've been growing this strain since '14

They are strong though as I already dried some fluff I cut away from underneath.. and they do seem to pack a punch.

And no I must be hard!!! If you count life in how many harvests you got left it becomes quite bleak 😄
And I must start thinking energy & time & products spent vs return, plus now with the extra space well two half a pound plants would be the goal I think? And well she's not gonna be that with them tiny nugs.

I've sent the company an email about Zamnesia Monsterbud it's produced by Bionova.. if I can get a more precise ratio, see how that goes as I kinda want this feed to work as I think it really works if you don't OD it. These plants vegged like crazy and Outside I've had monsterbuds previous year and well the Malawi is on it's way to giant nugs as well.

Maybe In Sips need to cut the dose as well as well it's constantly pulling water up through the entire pot of pellets so that kinda might be a bit much quite early on.

They responded the next day, with standard dose is 100gr on 25 litre.
And apparently it's the same product as their Bionova Profimix.
My sips are 15l and I divided a pack over two so it's around 50gr per 15 litre. So I'd be light actually as it would be 50gr for 12,5l halved..
But my SIPS aren't packed with 15l of soil as there's a bunch of hydroton on the bottom and top.

Still I should be about right with the dosage, hmmm then I feel I'm back with environment, if they hadn't experienced any cold they might have been able to process it all and grown even more vigorous.
And maybe theory with SIP where the system is constantly pulling water upwards through the entire can of nutes.
And of course the Sativa can be more sensitive.
@Azimuth wasn't there someone else growing with time release pellets and sips?

Thanks, Azi!
Yes I've used Grow Dots in a SIP for a couple of years now- they work well, as long as you 're ready for them to run out of gas 55-60 days in.

Seemed complicated at first- what to feed, when to feed, etc when the Grow Dots quit working...

Turns out, I just veg with the Dots, and then flower with my nutes of choice- (RxBlend, till I run out)

So, I'm here if you've got questions about the process, @Fenderbender👍

Thanks, Azi!
Yes I've used Grow Dots in a SIP for a couple of years now- they work well, as long as you 're ready for them to run out of gas 55-60 days in.

Seemed complicated at first- what to feed, when to feed, etc when the Grow Dots quit working...

Turns out, I just veg with the Dots, and then flower with my nutes of choice- (RxBlend, till I run out)

So, I'm here if you've got questions about the process, @Fenderbender👍
Thanks, hmm I just looked into grow dots, it is something similar although grow dots seem to specify veg and flower periods and well advertise they are good for 4 or 8 weeks of vegging and 8 to 10 weeks of flowering, but you're saying that's hogwash? as they are spent after 60 days? Is this maybe because of SIP use?
As I would imagine they dissolve faster if there's a 24/7 water pull over them.
Do you topwater or only through res?

I've been also wondering about the timing thing.
as mine also claim full growth cycle but well they're only good for 10-11 weeks so I feel kinda aimed at clone growers?
I feel everything out of the Netherlands is aimed at hybrids indoor grown fast, 9 plants per sqm in 11l pots type thing, do nothing just fast veg of a couple weeks and flower rinse and repeat.

It is an idea to only veg with these and make sure they are spent before flowering as well they do veg a mean plant, the stem of the Channel is just fantastic for an indoor.
I did do autos with them outside in the Summer in SIP and the main buds were forearm sized.
So I do believe in these as it works with just adding water and get great results. I also just read I don't need to ph the water as the organisms take care of that in the substrate.
I mean I kinda would love it if I can get it dialled in with these as if that works that would cut down on a whole lot of bottles and waste.
Although I have been adding calmag to the waterings as the channel showed deficiency during veg and greened in once I started adding that.

But well it's probably impossible to judge anything from this grow as well environment temps were way off.
And it's gonna take a bit figuring that out as the volume of the tent has tripled and the location has changed which is a whole new set of environment behaviours throughout the year.

you're saying that's hogwash? as they are spent after 60 days?
It is, and they are....
RealGrowers also make an extended version of the Dots, but I haven't tried them - I've got the 60 day thing down pretty well, so I'll probably stick with the standard Dots, and keep doing what I've been doing..
I also grow in Promix HP, so I haven't pH'd anything for the last 3 years or so...
I kinda like the "just add water" thing....
Is this maybe because of SIP use?
No, they behaved the same way in the regular(soil) pots, before I went to the SIP.
It is kind of nice not to have to mix up nutes for a couple of months while the plants veg with the dots-
The Dots are pretty forgiving too- like if you start the flowering nutes a bit before the dots crap out all the way, you're not going to burn the plant up....

This year, I'm trying the Dots on 2 plants outside, in the ground, so we'll see how that goes...👍

Back
Top Bottom