Ganesha's Evolution

Say could it be that it's temperature holding the Malawi back? As I'm seeing the leaf stems are a bit red.
The tent is running a bit cool at 23-24°c.. she might prefer more around 28°c?
The others maybe too but they don't seem to mind, I'm only running the light at 76watts for veg
IMG_1706555123661.JPEG

The leaves on the photoperiods are so much bigger than autos, and I can already tell the Channel+ is going to get huge leaves as well.. maybe it's that MONSTERbud feed :D
The Pink Rozay is the biggest but Indica dominant so shouldn't stretch too much, the Channel is 50:50 and the Malawi Sativa, no idea how that's gonna turn out.
I really should bite the bullet and just get the bigger tent, problem is I need another location for it, this tent fits just in an alcove in the room, which is why I've been so reluctant.... I'm looking at a 150x90x200cm tent which would give me almost double the depth, a half extra in width and even 20 cm's extra height which probably can't hurt, and I could stand upright in the tent again!
IMG_1706555097681.JPEG

Of course with a bigger tent my light becomes not ideal for the space anymore which sucks, it's a 450 dollar light.
But they have these 50watt modules I'm thinking two of these extra for flowering and then I can play around a bit with those and positioning as well.
I see Sanlight now also has a US site as well Welcome to SANlight! The most trusted Grow LED from Europe maybe they will eventually find their way to this site too :)
q1w-hanging-tilted-side-isolated-1024x683.png

I put the Malawi under the Mars-Hydro in a wardrobe.
I first had her in the greenhouse this afternoon but night temperatures still close to 0°c and well day temperatures are not reaching 18°c so.. prolly not the best idea, but this will do.
IMG_1706802692868.JPEG

So I can pull these ones into flower soon

IMG_1706802648868.JPEG
That will do fine. until you can do more for her. Are they both Photos in the tent? I haven't caught up. Look nice though.

If you are worrying about yield, do one at a time and try to focus all your effort on doing your best on it, So you can have specific and correct notes on what to do during each deficiency, and issue as they arise. I know one photo trained well would fill that tent and more.

I always had multiple problems with my plants meaning each would be a little different in what it needed, BUT I fed them all the same. So this just multiplied my problems. Good luck. You'll be fine just treat them each individually, not as a lot, and this will do wonders. GOOD LUCK m8 Just my opinions of course, I only wanted to say something b/c I went through major issues thinking more plants were gonna = more yield.

That will do fine. until you can do more for her. Are they both Photos in the tent? I haven't caught up. Look nice though.

If you are worrying about yield, do one at a time and try to focus all your effort on doing your best on it, So you can have specific and correct notes on what to do during each deficiency, and issue as they arise. I know one photo trained well would fill that tent and more.

I always had multiple problems with my plants meaning each would be a little different in what it needed, BUT I fed them all the same. So this just multiplied my problems. Good luck. You'll be fine just treat them each individually, not as a lot, and this will do wonders. GOOD LUCK m8 Just my opinions of course, I only wanted to say something b/c I went through major issues thinking more plants were gonna = more yield.
As they’re in individual SIPs he can tailor the feeding regime by plant.

They are all photos now, Yeah three wildly different plants and I kinda did set them all the same with giving them all the same nutrients.. however I suspect that I might chucked in a handful too much pellets in the Pink Rozay pot.
Or she just might be very sensitive.
I mean good advice you have there.

@NickHardy yeah not really I'm using pellets, I can only adjust the additives :s

JMRL I've grown like this as well, but I'm getting lazy :p
IMG_0696.jpg

I could tell by the color of them in general at the age, and your process, that you had experienced :D
I wish you the best, hope I can learn something here :D I'll be around. Nice to meet!

I could tell by the color of them in general at the age, and your process, that you had experienced :D
I wish you the best, hope I can learn something here :D I'll be around. Nice to meet!
I mean I see you're sipping too.. I feel hardly any experience required anymore with those just chuck stuff in there and let it stew and it works out somehow.. I love it!
And I do care about yield optimisation but maybe not in this grow, I just want some flavours :)

I topped the Channel + and put it in the wardrobe with the Malawi.. which kinda is bigger than the tent, maybe I can cut up the tent and line the wardrobe with it :)
But I can let those veg some more there whilst I put the Pink Rozay on her first night of 12 hrs.

I'll try to quadline the Channel and Malawi and once they're ready to flower I hope to put them in a bigger tent, I'm waiting for the model I want to be restocked.

Well after the first 12 hours of darkness I can definitely tell she already shot up
The weird thing is still those sideways curled leaves that appear on one of the fan leaves at every stage.
And some of the leaves of the side branches underneath also seem very mangled.
Googling sideway curled tips and the yellowing leads me to various sources saying the Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
And some pictures look exactly like that half side of a finger yellow and tip curling sideways, but many of the other signs I don't see..
And that would mean I need to axe it? as there's no cure, but she seems way to healthy to do that. It's only affecting 1 finger on the fan leaves at each stage, and some of the side branching.

Overwatering was also mentioned as a cause with sideway bending tips, and too much water can still pose a problem with a SIP although usually the plant adapts.
I thought maybe that and too much pellet nutrients is the cause.

IMG_1706896659869.JPEG

IMG_2547.JPG
IMG_2548.JPG

See it's weird!!

When I go look at growweedeasy, which I think is still a great resource for growing
I get

Can TMV spread to cannabis plants? Yes, but…

• Not much evidence for symptoms – Although mosaic virus has been found in cannabis plants, I haven’t confirmed any cases of the TMV plants showing symptoms of stripes. There is still a lot to learn.
  • Tests often come back negative – The Florida Department of Agriculture has tested several cannabis and hemp plants showing symptoms, yet none tested positive for mosaic virus. However, the Canadian Gov did find both multiple types of mosaic virus including tobacco mosaic virus in some cannabis plant samples. If you know of any other positive tests for mosaic virus in cannabis.
  • Similar symptoms to other problems – Many common issues can cause similar symptoms, including ph, watering problems, root problems, deficiencies..
  • Affected plants don’t always seem infectious – I’ve had a few plants display these symptoms over the years. When I saw the symptoms, I tried to “infect” other plants in the grow tent by rubbing their leaves together with the affected seedlings, and it never spread to the other plants. I’ve spoken to several other growers who’ve had similar experiences where they see symptoms on one plant but it never infects the rest of the grow room.
  • Could be genetics – Following on the last point, it’s possible the symptoms are sometimes the result of genetic variation. For example, I grew a few plants of a strain called “Purple Sunset” and all the seedlings displayed the mottling and stripes. Yet the symptoms never spread to the several other plants in the grow tent. About a year later, I germinated more Purple Sunset seeds and saw the symptoms again. Just like the first set, the seedlings grew fast and healthy, but some of the leaves showed the odd stripes. I contacted the breeder about it, and he told me that he’s noticed some seedlings of this strain do that when grown under LEDs. To me, this is evidence the symptoms may be triggered by genetic factors as opposed to a virus.

I'm going with the last point.. as the plant is growing great for the rest.

Say do these grow lights do anything for humans? As at this point I'm thinking of hoisting one up in the living room.. cause this Winter shit is getting bleeeeeeh, I mean I wouldn't mind it with tons of snow but over here Winter means mostly grey and rain.
I mean end of next month should be Spring, sometimes April is pretty good although March & April are usually extremes of like Sun and Storms alternating on the same days.. oh it's good! no it's not, oh it's good again, wait just a fluke..

I hope this is okay as I just cut a f*ckton of leaves & branches from the Channel+ but I'm left with the 3rd and 4th internodes.
I left the Malawi alone as I'm waiting on her to get a bit bigger.. That smoke better be good as well I don't think Sativas like this are for me, it takes ages and we haven't got to the flowering part yet and that really takes ages, Kali Yuga will have come to an end by then.
IMG_1707080140663.JPEG

I've tucked the big leaves under, finally exposing some branching..
Lots of mangled leaves still and got some leaves turning over and some clawing or tacoing downward.
I really think I put too much pellets in the pot.. the main stem is sturdy but the others feel a bit floppy and bendy so too much N is very likely..
But I also haven't been putting any calmag in.. only the pellets and the additives which was like X-cel stimulator.
I might make a small pouring of calmag to topdress and see if she likes that?

IMG_1707156539563.JPEG

Woohoo, new tent is in the mail, I'm hoping tomorrow but most likely Monday.
600D fabric, white insides, double poles in the roof which I like gives me more hanging options and flexibility.
And I'm going from 0,5m squared to 1,2m so basically a 4'x4' but in a rectangle.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 22.40.45.png

Then the Pink Rozay can get some room, and I'll be able to add the Channel+ for flowering pretty soon.

And I've snipped the Malawi to quadline as well.
The Channel+ leaves are canoeing a bit, I've raised the Mars light as it was probably a bit too low, I have no idea about the temps and humidity in the closet.
I also gave them some calmag top dressed, and well these don't seem to mind the pellet feed as they are nice and green with mainly just water in the reservoir... I just sprinkled too much in the Pink Rozay pot, must be.
IMG_1707418273157.JPEG

It's here!! that was a bit of a tussle getting that tent assembled, well only getting the main part around as it was so wide.
It's a 5'x3'x6,5' I'm 6,2' so it's big enough for me!
The rest was super easy snapped all nice into place It's pretty much like the old Homebox series not the new beige ones.

We went from this
IMG_1706444263446.JPEG

To this
IMG_1707503114365.JPEG

Still got to do the exhaust, and well I'm probably going to put Mars Hydro SP150 in there too for when I flower all three.
As I'm a smart cookie and I'm not going to keep vegging in the closet, I put the light on 18hrs and I'll just take the Pink Rozay out and put it in the dark for a couple hours longer in the closet or in the other tent.

There's a window in the tent flap.. now I can look without disturbing.
The Vegging plants are a bit in shock from a bit of light fluctuation and some hours shifted and a different room as now well everything will be different humidity, temps, vpd, I also gonna need a bigger ventilator as my tent clip on doesn't fit right and isn't moving much leaves. We need a bigger boat!

Downside of the tent, well the denser fabric is heavy my previous tent was 210D this one 600D which is a lot heavier and noisy! it has velcro strip on the bottom to open and then you need to roll the thing up, the whole thing is way louder than opening the other tent which was one zip..... this is krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcchhh as it's a wide strip of velcro, then two big zips, and then a minute of large plastic sheet being folded..
Maybe a weird downside but one that caught my attention especially in the middle of the night. It's loud!
IMG_1707590614101.JPEG

I've measured around a bit now of course the corners and sides are weaker, but like this the vegging plant get 350ppfd and the flowering stretch 600 and I'm not at full power yet and pretty high up.
IMG_1707590520398.JPEG

The Malawi is so much smaller and slower than the rest and likely will end up the biggest? already liking the stem.
IMG_1707591046976.JPEG
Quadlining Medicalseeds, Channel +
How long do I need to do this for.. Do I want a lot of shoots in the middle I guess so for lots of buds..
But I'm also thinking get rid of the shoots? and let them grow up after straightening to get 4 mini copies of the plant?
@Azimuth what say you?
IMG_1707591084695.JPEG

Quadlining Medicalseeds, Channel +
How long do I need to do this for.. Do I want a lot of shoots in the middle I guess so for lots of buds..
But I'm also thinking get rid of the shoots? and let them grow up after straightening to get 4 mini copies of the plant?
@Azimuth what say you?
Pot size and grow space are typically the determining factors in training. For smaller pots, fewer colas are suggested so the middle gets pruned out or used for clones as you are suggesting.

The available grow space will determine how wide you train them before letting them grow upwards. They will grow both up and still a bit out after turning up so take that into account.

It's here!! that was a bit of a tussle getting that tent assembled, well only getting the main part around as it was so wide.
It's a 5'x3'x6,5' I'm 6,2' so it's big enough for me!
The rest was super easy snapped all nice into place It's pretty much like the old Homebox series not the new beige ones.

We went from this
IMG_1706444263446.JPEG

To this
IMG_1707503114365.JPEG

Still got to do the exhaust, and well I'm probably going to put Mars Hydro SP150 in there too for when I flower all three.
As I'm a smart cookie and I'm not going to keep vegging in the closet, I put the light on 18hrs and I'll just take the Pink Rozay out and put it in the dark for a couple hours longer in the closet or in the other tent.
So fresh and so clean!! Yeah baby rock and roll!! Can't wait to see this blow up for you! Happy Saturday homeskillet!! 😎✌️

Pot size and grow space are typically the determining factors in training. For smaller pots, fewer colas are suggested so the middle gets pruned out or used for clones as you are suggesting.

The available grow space will determine how wide you train them before letting them grow upwards. They will grow both up and still a bit out after turning up so take that into account.
Thanks! wel yeah a little SIP can support a mighty plant so I feel that's hard to know what's size could go in this.
They're 30x30cm's with a 3,5l res.. and even if all the soil is spent I can keep them going pure with roots in the hydro & pebble layer.
I found another cross section of the pot
But it's a lie it doesn't show all the webbing that occurs between the pebbles :)
960x1200.jpg

Hmm I do want some bud though, I'm just going to pull them to the edge and flower it all extras count :)

Back
Top Bottom