GaneshasPoisn's 1st Grow - Indoor CFL Soil Grow

GaneshasPoisn

Hey Everyone,
After lots of searching and reading the forums, I have decided to give growing a shot. All the seeds are bagseed, but from very good bud. Right now I'm running 6x28w CFL's, 6500k. Currently my setup consists of 2 30gallon rubbermaid bins on top of each other, with an intake fan, and a few holes for exhaust. The temp is always around 75f. The first sprouts broke ground on the 27th of Nov. So its been a little over a week. I killed my first batch of seeds by over watering them, and possibly burning them to death with a heating pad lol. I learned from my mistakes and think that I have a better grasp on watering in general now. Anyway, because my first attempt went south, I went a little overboard and germed/sprouted too many seeds this time. I currently have 8, and only the space for like 3 plants. I'm wondering if I should pull the small ones, or not. Ive heard that the males can grow faster, is that true? does that mean I pull the larger ones? lol, im new to this and kinda confused any help will be greatly appreciated! Here are some pics from today.

rsz_3j.jpg

rsz_2j.jpg

rsz_1j.jpg

Re: GaneshasPoisn's 1st Grow, Indoor CFL Soil Grow

Day #11
Things are looking good today, rotated some of the plants. Here are some more pics.

rsz_12-7a.jpg

12-07b.jpg

Day #13
Things have really taken off during the last week. Have some leaves of 5. Its pretty exciting :). Here are some update pics.

12-10_2_.jpg

12-10_4_.jpg

12-10_6_.jpg

hello!
iam looking at the leaf tips, they`re facing down, when my plants were doing this i moved the light up a bit and it improved plant growth and the tips, actually the whole set of leaves went up to catch some light !

Hey, thanks for the tip! I was wondering about that as well, if it was normal or not. I have been keeping the lights as close as possible to prevent stretch. They were about 1inch from the tips, just moved them up to about 2inches, hopefully it will help.

:thanks:

Thanks for stoppin by, Tmac!

Day #16
Things are looking pretty good. Have one plant that has some discoloration on her leaves. Not really sure what it was. Was thinking she was getting root rot from having not enough drainage. I made the holes in the bottom of the party cups quite a bit larger, they were basically just slits previousy. I think the roots will access the oxygen better now. Cups seems to drain better, and the bottoms dont stay wet as long. Been watering every 3-4 days. I'm hoping everythings on track..

12-12.jpg

Day 19
Things are looking good. Flowering my best 3 plants because we're getting worried about running out of room. Have the rest of my sprouts in a veg box now. The others have been on 12/12 for about 2 days now. Here are pics of the 3 that are on 12/12 now.

plant #1
12-15_2_.jpg

12-15_3_.jpg

plant #2
12-15_4_.jpg

plant #3
12-15_5_.jpg

Here are the rest of em, still veggin. Topped 3 of em, they seem to be recovering well. The other 3 are beans my buddy gave me from some amazing haze.
12-15_6_.jpg

Have some update pics. First three plants have been on 12/12 for over a week now, no sign of sex yet. Hoping within the next two weeks to see some little white hairs.

Had some problem with my plants drooping. I believe that the lights were too close, and they were not getting quite enough water. My watering cycle since they broke ground, has been about every 3 days. I think the plants are using up the water faster than before, now that they are bigger.

At the bottom I will show you the remainder of my plants, which are in a seperate veg area with 18/6 light cycle. Three of the vegging plants came from seeds that my friend gave me, they are catching up nicely. The other 3 in my veg area were planted the same time as my flowering ones, difference being that they got topped/FIM'd when the others moved and changed light cycles.

The Topping/FIM went very well from what I can see. Was my first time ever attempting to top/fim. I am pretty sure I will get 4 on two of them, and at least 2 on the last one. I have to say, it was a good experience, having never topped before, didnt know what to expect. So I did my homework first and looked at lots of pictures online, and it turned out well. Btw, my vegging plants are gettting 12-4-8 veg nutes, and the flowering ones are getting 12-9-6 bloom nutes. Both are getting 50% strength once a week.

This is my first grow, and there are many things I will change for my next one. Everyones gotta start somewhere lol. I have been able to lightproof my entire closet, so for the next one, after I get the ventilation figured out, will defnitely try to utilize way more space within the closet. From the start, was thinking i would only have room for tiny plants, starting to realize thats not the case. Beginner mistake, i guess.

Here are the pics..
plant 1
12-21_4_.jpg

plant 2
12-21_3_.jpg

plant 3
12-21_5_.jpg

vegging plants
12-21.jpg

Quick update,
4/5 plants that we started flowering 2 1/2weeks ago, are females! We're pretty psyched, pistils are forming everywhere! The male plant was recognized first (on xmas) and the ladies were identified within the next two days. the male showed a little sac before it was lights out, and the next morning had at least 4, that I could see. Either way, still very happy with our ratio. Considering we used unknown seeds, there has been a bit of anxiety lol. I will take some pics later and post.

:peacetwo:

Im caught up and in for the ride!! :popcorn:
Lookin good so far!!

Day 35 (overall) 19(flowering)
Here is a shot of our closet setup. The plants grew too tall for the initial rubbermaid setup, so they had to be moved. Lightproofing has been a challenge, but its tight. We have a little over 225watts worth of cfls, 5/7 of the bulbs are 2700k and the other 2 are 6500k, for the mixed spectrum. The tallest plants are over 17" now, so thankfully we have the room in our newer setup, since they have doubled already in size, since flowering. 4/6 plants in the closet have been flowering for 19days. After chopping and tossing one of our big plants that showed pollen sacs, we added two of our topped plants that have been vegging for a little over a month, in a seperate veg box.

We are thinknig they look indica dom, but are newbs. anyone have an opinion?
1-01-11_4_.jpg

Sorry pic isnt very clear, my camera phone cant zoom.
1-01-11.jpg

These are the topped plants that have been flowering almost a week now. We're hoping to get multiple colas, seems like they are well on their way. This was my first attempt at topping, so it's more of a learning experience than anything.
1-01-11_5_.jpg

:peace:

Think I have a problem. Having severe droop on my lower fan leaves of multiple plants.
2011-01-05_4_.jpg

2011-01-05_5_.jpg

After reading about the problem, couldnt really find a definitive answer. Some people were saying it was a problem with Magnesium, others said it was definitely over/underwatering. I'm a little bit confused on the symptoms of overwater vs. wilting (underwatering) maybe thats the problem.

Anyone have any ideas? or had a similar problem? They have been watered about every 3 days, only when the soil is nice and dry (at least the top few inches).

They receive 50% strength 12-9-6 MG bloom booster once a week.

Went out and bought some epsom salt, thought it might help, but havent done anything yet. Problem first appeared about 3 days ago, I gave them regular water, and was thinking it was just wilt. They seem dry today, but going to wait at least 1 more day to water, dont want to make things worse, if that is the problem. Thanks in advance for any tips/opinions.
:thanks:

The pots are 5.5"x5.5"x6". They are pretty small. I think the problem was definitely underwatering. Maybe its their size or the fact they are flowering, but I believe its safe to say they are just using a lot more water now. And the whole big plant-small pot factor. Seems like they spring back to life right before my eyes when I water them now. :thumb:

The pots are 5.5"x5.5"x6". They are pretty small. I think the problem was definitely underwatering. Maybe its their size or the fact they are flowering, but I believe its safe to say they are just using a lot more water now. And the whole big plant-small pot factor. Seems like they spring back to life right before my eyes when I water them now. :thumb:

Yea those are small pots. Looks like you just need to step up your schedule if they are staying in those pots. Or repot them. Glad to hear they are doing better~~:thumb:

Day 31 (flower)
Really liked this pic, so thought I would post. Have to say, watchin them flower is pretty sweet, they are really smelling like fresh buds now :)
2011-01-13_4_.jpg

Here's a pic of our next batch. They are 1 month behind our first ladies. These were FIM'd so we're going to compare our results against the first batch, to see how the yields differ.
2011-01-13_3_.jpg

Btw, dont know if I'm breaking forums rule or not. But this thread might just turn into a perpetual type of thing. Should I start a new one? Change the title? I'm very new to all this stuff, any tips would be appreciated.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom