GaneshasPoisn's 1st Grow - Indoor CFL Soil Grow

Re: GaneshasPoisn's 1st Grow, Indoor CFL Soil Grow

Some of the tips of the fan leaves have been curling down a bit, and seem kinda burned. Their last nutes where 5 days ago. Also noticed there is some browning further down the fan leaf as well. I have searched for answers but found nothing difinitive. Possibly mag def/ or nute burn, maybe. Here's a pic.
2011-01-16_7_.jpg

You can run it for years if you want!! Hmmm I am a newbie of sorts. One thing you should do is put your grow in your signature. Go up to the top and click on user cp.
You can copy and paste the GaneshasPoisn's 1st Grow - Indoor CFL Soil Grow

Sweet! Thanks Tmac!
As far as our problem, we think that the damage to the leaves was due to heat stress. Doesnt seem to match the symptoms of nute burn or a deficiancy. Our plants are getting slightly taller everyday, which meant closer and closer to the lights. The lights have been moved up, and they shouldnt be stressed anymore. Hoping everythings on track. They are getting stinky : )

That seems reasonable. I heat stressed some of ours once. Looked alot sadder than yours do. :(

You will get a lot more traffic thru here if you add your site to signature. When you visit on others thread they see it and go check you out.

Thanks for the info Tmac! Hopefully I did the signature thing right. This is my test post.

Seems like the link is working. Only problem is that it reads as the http address, not the title of the thread.

The way I did it was to copy and paste the address at the top of the page. Starts out with https://www. 420magazine.com/. on and on.... lots of people do it like you have it. I prefer the other way. But as long as it works~~

edit. I added some spaces to the above because it automatically linked it.

Hey Smoke, thanks for dropping by! Good luck with your grow! I'm new here, but if i can help, let me know!

I'm going to clarify what I have going on with my closet, cause things have changed quite a bit since we started this project. I initially started with the rubbermaid setup, which seemed to work fine, but quickly ran out of room, after they stretched like crazy during the light cycle change.

Making use of the entire closet seems to be working a lot better. There is better air flow, and my ladies can stretch out a bit. Not to mention, adjusting the lighting inside the rubbermaid was a nightmare, probably due to my extremely unpractical setup.

Anways, on to the current setup. The goal here is to harvest every two weeks. I have run into little problems already, such as stretching, but I'm not worried about it. Seeing as this is my first attempt ever, I'm willing to give myself time to work out the kinks lol.

The idea is to add new plants to be flowered in a 4 stage system. After the first plants go in, approx 2 weeks later, more go in, and so on. I've read about many perpetuals that run in the same kinda way. Maybe it wont work lol. We'll see.

I'm currently trying different methods to see what will bring the best yield. Bigger pot fewer plants vs. smaller plants more plants/topping (multiple colas) vs. no mercy 12/12 from seed. I'm still a newb, so at very least I'm hoping to learn from my mistakes.

I have added more lights as well. Started with ~200watt, now have over 300w, all 2700k, except for 2 6500k for a mixed spectrum. Added reflectors to the outside bulbs. Temps are around 72F during the day, at night it can dip down to 60F, been very very cold here lately. (jan in the northeast us)

Eventually I plan on building a mother and clone box, finding some quality genetics that I like and just root clones from my mothers, but that is a ways down the road. Havent devised a plan yet, but it will happen lol. Anyways, ill stop dreaming and post a pic.

Here's the closet, not full yet, have 3 stages in there so far. planning on adding my new ones on the 24th.
2011-01-19.jpg

2011-02-10.jpg

Last Journal Post

I have learned a lot from this experience and thought I would share some of that in case any new growers are reading this journal, and might benefit. Before I germed my first seed I read tons of journals from ppl using similar conditions, even when they were years old, so you never know. Gotta give it back.

There are definitely things that I would do differently if I were to keep growing in the future. I used miracle grow soil (both organic and reg soil mixes), which was okay to start with, but as they flowered the majority had issues with loosing lots of fan leaves towards the end, more than normal, i believe. I gave them lots of P, which slowed the yellowing/dying but the problems were made much worse with build of salts and stuff.

Another problem was with flushing. What i didnt realize initially was the fact that its almost impossible to flush the miracle grow soil because of the time released nutes. My buds tasted harsh and had a "unique" aroma.

My second harvest was bagseeds from "fire", as we call it here. Compared to the first round of plants from mids, the results were what you might expect with one exception.

Had 1 pheno from the mids that produced some really nice heady herb. after two weeks of curing, we prefer'd it over the stuff we pay 60/3.5. the bud from the fire seeds produced some good smoke, but not my style, almost pure indica highs, very sleepy shit. one of the fire seeds led to really interesting pheno that shows really bright PINK hairs right off the bat. has a great smell, and could taste amazing i bet, with the right medium/conditions/etc.

This was a great learning experience, and it was definitely a ton of fun. I'm done growing. Peace and be safe everyone. :tokin:

PLZ MOVE TO COMPLETED. THANKS

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom