Gangalicious Experimental Grow Lab, Part 3: Flowering a Plant with T5s & Fluorescent

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Grow Lab, Part 3b: flowering a plant with T5s and fluor

Dude, that thing has a tree trunk supporting her up. Thats an awesome plant man.
I liked your bit on the diff between heat and light, very true. I will be checking in here often for more info and updates.:nicethread:

Thanks, and nice to have you along. Update, you ask? Consider it done.

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Grow Lab, Part 3b: flowering a plant with T5s and fluor

Dude, that thing has a tree trunk supporting her up.

"supercropping" seems to really help my ladies toughen up a bit. It makes them branchy too and seems to fatten up the main stalk. I like it.

oscillating fan: also seems to make a big difference, because not only are you circulating more air around the plants, but you're also applying a mechanical force, which makes them sway a bit, and so they adapt by strengthening their branches.

GREAT GROW!

Umm, not that you did, but just pointing this out, as I've seen others do it.

Be careful with that lighter in your photos. You can almost see your reflection in it.

:)

GREAT GROW!

Umm, not that you did, but just pointing this out, as I've seen others do it.

Be careful with that lighter in your photos. You can almost see your reflection in it.

:)

Jeez, you're right SciFi. Good looking out. Never expected it, but I can definitely see how if the lightning angles were a little different . . . congratulations! Ur portrait on a lighter on the internet. That'd suck.

:peace:

LOL, No shit. I hope everyone on here has thought to disable the GPS on their phones/cameras, as quite a few tag the picture info with GPS information too.

That'd REALLY suck.

LOL, No shit. I hope everyone on here has thought to disable the GPS on their phones/cameras, as quite a few tag the picture info with GPS information too.

That'd REALLY suck.

OMG. I have to agree, that hurts just thinking about it.

One time I had this great close-up shot of a perfectly formed leaf and I nearly posted it, except I noticed the camera had also gotten a perfect shot of one of my fingertips, giving a near perfect image of my fingerprint. Also, folks should watch out for things like tattoos, which tend to be very unique and personally identifiable. Still, the GPS info takes the cake. Major suckage.

Day 56, End of Week 8

:welcome:

She's still putting on some weight, and I'm hoping she's still got a lot left to give over the next few days. On many buds I can see little bursts of emerging pistils.
Day056_002.jpg

Day056_003.jpg

There is now a twisty-tie network underneath the foliage that keeps her branches more or less upright and at the same general level.
Day056_004.jpg

Day056_007.JPG

Ya man... Super thick dense trichromes there... Not a ton of ripened pistols...
What's the timing on this strain supposed to be? Really nice looking thou man...

Is that nuet burn on the bottom pic's fan leafs? Happen in flower or veg?

Ya man... Super thick dense trichromes there... Not a ton of ripened pistols...
What's the timing on this strain supposed to be? Really nice looking thou man...

Is that nuet burn on the bottom pic's fan leafs? Happen in flower or veg?

Hey, man. The trichs sure make for some nice eye candy, that's for sure.

She still has some time to go as you can see by the pistils. Her calyxes should be filling out more too. The first grow, I harvested at day 65 and got a great mostly-sativa effect, but I'm pretty sure I sacrificed a bit of yield and some aroma, complexity, etc. Now that I'm more experienced, I've looked at the harvest pictures again and decided they could have gone longer for sure. Not completely ripe.

The second time, I waited for the trichs to go amber, but she never really changed more than a few percent, so I chopped on days 76/77 because it seemed she had sucked the life out of every leaf on the plant. These buds are definitely more body stone than the day 65 buds, and the high is longer-lasting.

I'm gonna shoot for something about in the middle, but I don't know whether the new lighting is going to affect the final ripening time.

I'm not sure about those leaves either. Most of the spots appeared a long time ago right after I transplanted (just before flowering), and it mostly just affected the leaves on two or three branches while the rest of the plant continued to look fine. In fact, some of the foliage looked perfect. So, I didn't do anything and it didn't progress beyond that, aside from a spot here and there. Idk. The yellowing around the leaf margins that you can see in the small bud leaflets is more recent. I think that yellowing is normal as she begins to wind down.

Day 62

:welcome:

I began the flush last Friday with a dilute nutrient solution (<250ppm, ph 6.50), and doused her really good.

Also, the temperatures have been rising recently, so I've been placing a 1 gal jug of ice near the intake fan during lights on. It actually works great to bring the whole tent down a few degrees for nearly 10 hours.

One of the jugs did, however, expand during the freezing process to the extent that a small area near the bottom stretched to infinite thinness and resulted in what I'll call a "drain crack," even though I left plenty of space at the top for the ice to expand. Yeah, it wasn't a noticeable crack when I pulled that sucker out of the freezer. But I did notice it the next morning when there was nearly a gallon of water sitting at the bottom of the tent, with my little mini-hygrometer swimming in its own little pool of water, its needle pegged all the way to the right. It is no longer accurate. So sad. At least when that little guy went down, he was fighting the good fight for freedom.

The tent saved my ass tho with its included special floor designed for guys and gals just like me. Peace.

Ripeness check:
Flotsam_day_62_002.jpg

Flotsam_day_62_011.jpg

Flotsam_day_62_021.jpg

Flotsam_day_62_015.jpg

Thanks for checking it all out!

Wow, this is just an awesome plant!!! you have done a great job on this and I am so ever envious that I am not there yet. Waiting sucks, but the payoff is ohhh so worthwhile as you have demonstrated here. :welldone:
Can I ask you how you sexed her and when? I am going to be doing mine soon I think.

Don't worry, you'll get there too! And I noticed your Blueberry Kush's flowering time of only 45-55 days? I'm the one who's envious. Today is day 64 for Flotsam and she's still got a few more days to go.

She was taken as a clone from a mother plant, so I didn't have to sex her, and I've never done it, but I'm sure you can get some expert advice here with a little searching.

:yummy: Flotsam looks like she is ready to pop-it is only a matter of minutes. Well, maybe 1400 minutes give or take. She looks mmmm, mmmm, good. :peace:

Wow those nugs look amazing :headbanger::headbanger: I wish I could smoke some...

:yummy: Flotsam looks like she is ready to pop-it is only a matter of minutes. Well, maybe 1400 minutes give or take. She looks mmmm, mmmm, good. :peace:

Yump, she's looking pretty good, but I'm afraid she's further away than the 23 and 1/3 hours you suggested, so it's prolly more likely I'll be the one to pop first, cuz the waitz driving me kwazy!

Oh, I guess you did say, "give or take."

So I'll let it slide.

Wow those nugs look amazing :headbanger::headbanger: I wish I could smoke some...

I know, I wish I could smoke some too!

Thanks again for stopping in!

So, Did she Pop first or did you?:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom