Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab - Part 3A - Flowering a Plant with 2 x 90W LED

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: flowering a plant with 2 X 90W L

Wow ! Gangalicious what a nice grow , those buds look great and thats with just 2 90s ??

Hey ol hippy, thanks for the kind words and, yes, that's with just two 90w UFOs.

Those pics belong in a magazine :blunt:

Thanks again Reefa! It's funny because the camera is pretty old, one of the earlier 2.0 megapixel cameras on the market. I still have the original memory card in it: 16MB. Holds 25 pics at it's highest resolution settings. It sure likes to take pictures of cannabis tho!

Got my ***** (5 star) vote!

Cool! (As long as it's five stars out of five, and not five stars out of 10! LOL)

:peace:

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: flowering a plant with 2 X 90W L

:welcome:

It's day 69 of flowering and with the CFLs I'd normally be harvesting within the next several days. When would be a good time to start flushing? Or, should I continue to :morenutes: for a few more days ? ? ?

Day 70 !

She's still putting on weight, so . . . :morenutes:

Day070_004.JPG

Day070_015.JPG

Day070_023.jpg

Check them trichs, are they getting amber?

Looks sticky and tasty. she is looking very good. How much longer? :goodjob:

Check them trichs, are they getting amber?

Thanks TheCheese and ol hippy. Just now when I checked I had to look all over the place just to find a couple of amber trichs. From previous grows it seems this strain doesn't like to go amber too much, at least not under CFLs, but the longest I've gone was till day 77.

The leds have changed things up a bit. She is still putting on weight, kicking out a few new pistils, and getting all kinds of frosty.

How much longer is a good question. So . . .

How much longer ? ? ?

Thanks TheCheese and ol hippy. Just now when I checked I had to look all over the place just to find a couple of amber trichs. From previous grows it seems this strain doesn't like to go amber too much, at least not under CFLs, but the longest I've gone was till day 77.

The leds have changed things up a bit. She is still putting on weight, kicking out a few new pistils, and getting all kinds of frosty.

How much longer is a good question. So . . .

How much longer ? ? ?

How much longer ... til' their done dude! ;) If you don't see any new growth for about a week, that may be a good time to consider a chop. Maybe only 20 - 25 % go amber, that's OK. As long as the trichs go cloudy, they will be chemically active. Occasional sample buds can assist in determining the chop date as well.

There is an old saying that goes around on this topic. When you think it is ready to chop, wait another week!

How much longer ... til' their done dude! ;) If you don't see any new growth for about a week, that may be a good time to consider a chop. Maybe only 20 - 25 % go amber, that's OK. As long as the trichs go cloudy, they will be chemically active. Occasional sample buds can assist in determining the chop date as well.

There is an old saying that goes around on this topic. When you think it is ready to chop, wait another week!

Thanks Munki! Till they're done! It's the only way!

No hurry on my part because I've got enough homegrown meds to last me another couple of weeks at least. Besides, I love tending to our plants the most when they're in these final flowering stages. It's like opening the cabinet every day to witness a miracle. I'm probably more reluctant to chop than anything. To me, it's an extraordinary thing, because the growing experience is as therapeutic as the meds themselves.

What's the deal with this supposedly being a "8-9 week" strain? Under the CFLs this strain never turned more than about 5% amber even when I went out a full 11 weeks. Now, under the leds, it seems like it's going to be an additional 2 weeks or so, and I'm doubtful she'll ever hit 20% amber. I dunno tho. An 11-13 week indica dominant hybrid?

Oh yeah, and those 5% amber buds hit me like a strong indica, no doubt.

:thanks:

Day 74

On average I'd say the trichs are now 50/50 clear to cloudy:
Day_74_003.JPG

Day_74_005.JPG

Day_74_013.jpg

Day_74_014.jpg

Day_74_020.jpg

This bud lives right in the middle of the box and is receiving lots of light from both ufos. It didn't look quite the same as the rest, so I snipped a tiny bit off the leaf with all that orange-ish buildup along the edges. Under the pocket scope it looks like a massive buildup of mostly cloudy and about 10-15% amber trichs:
Day_74_016.jpg

Any input on when I should flush ? ? ?

Man dem budz look juicy, +reps on the led grow. I need a beach towel to wipe the slobber from my chin!:nicethread::bravo:

Looks like you got it dialed in dude !! Just a little burn at the tips you must have pushed them just right !! Almost there I'd say !!:peace:

When you finally harvest this lovely crop, you should consider keeping those juicy buds on those long stems. I'd love to receive a dozen of those for a special occasion! :yummy:

Man dem budz look juicy, +reps on the led grow. I need a beach towel to wipe the slobber from my chin!:nicethread::bravo:

Thanks for the slobbery reps man!

Looks like you got it dialed in dude !! Just a little burn at the tips you must have pushed them just right !! Almost there I'd say !!:peace:

Whassup ol hippy! Dialing it in as best I can, dude ----> :bong:

Yeah, seems like that FFOF is a little hot, so I probably could have held off on the nutes a little longer after I transplanted her into her current pot.

Thanks man!

When you finally harvest this lovely crop, you should consider keeping those juicy buds on those long stems. I'd love to receive a dozen of those for a special occasion! :yummy:

A bouquet of a dozen juicy long-stemmed buds? I'd love to receive a dozen of those for any occasion!

Thanks Munki!

Day 76

A few pics from yesterday, day 75, with the red lights turned off:
Day075_008.jpg

Day075_010.jpg

Day075_012.jpg

Day075_013.jpg

Day075_015.JPG

:rollit:Enuf said!!
JJ just LED'd her way to a well deserved WooooHooo!! Great job dude!

Day 76

A few pics from yesterday, day 75, with the red lights turned off:
Day075_008.jpg

Day075_010.jpg

Day075_012.jpg

Day075_013.jpg

Day075_015.JPG

Buds are realy looking nice gonja.Thanks for the reps.Been off line my hard drive took a dump and they want 350 bucks for a new one.Bummer deal my pc is the heart of my home entertainment system grrrrr.Aw well got this cheap little lab top till i get back to work lol...But any way finish time is pretty much personal pref.When harvested early you get more of an upidy gigly high and the longer you let it go the more couch lock I believe.I think she is ready.But its a hard call these lights play tricks on you lol.:peace:

:rollit:Enuf said!!
JJ just LED'd her way to a well deserved WooooHooo!! Great job dude!

Cool, thanks palcah!

Buds are realy looking nice gonja.Thanks for the reps.Been off line my hard drive took a dump and they want 350 bucks for a new one.Bummer deal my pc is the heart of my home entertainment system grrrrr.Aw well got this cheap little lab top till i get back to work lol...But any way finish time is pretty much personal pref.When harvested early you get more of an upidy gigly high and the longer you let it go the more couch lock I believe.I think she is ready.But its a hard call these lights play tricks on you lol.:peace:

Sorry about the hard drive. Hope you get another soon!

She really seems to be taking her sweet time, so it'll still probably be another week or two. The good news is that she's got more cloudy trichs and she's looking good.

Today is day 80 of flowering. Here a few pics to update the past several days.

Day 77
Day077_004.jpg

Day077_005.jpg

Day077_013.jpg

Day 78
Day078_011.jpg

Day078_013.jpg

I got around to taking a closer look into pulling the lenses out of the HH units.The task was pretty simple after opening the unit up.I wish I could have documented the process for those interested.This lab top is slower than slow..But any way after opening the unit and unpluging the power supply to the led heat sink I noticed the only thing holding the pannel was some double sided foamy tape and some screws.After loosening the screws I gently took an alen wrech and pried around the heat sink until it lifted and then gently pulled out of its frame.From there the lense is just sat in there and gooped with silacon.I took my razer knife and cut along the sides of the glass until the lense came free of the housing.Its a pretty simple procedure and can be put back if for any reason.

So green and gooey, it alomst looks gross. Yet, I want it, I want it bad.:tokin:Nice work wit da LED's.

I got around to taking a closer look into pulling the lenses out of the HH units.The task was pretty simple after opening the unit up.I wish I could have documented the process for those interested.This lab top is slower than slow..But any way after opening the unit and unpluging the power supply to the led heat sink I noticed the only thing holding the pannel was some double sided foamy tape and some screws.After loosening the screws I gently took an alen wrech and pried around the heat sink until it lifted and then gently pulled out of its frame.From there the lense is just sat in there and gooped with silacon.I took my razer knife and cut along the sides of the glass until the lense came free of the housing.Its a pretty simple procedure and can be put back if for any reason.

I agree, it sounds pretty simple. I don't know why, exactly, but I decided to break the glass out instead. I remember opening the unit and thinking it would be too much hassle to remove the heat sink but, apparently, I didn't look close enough to see that it was just held in by some foam tape and screws. I guess I was pretty much dead set on shattering the glass with a piece of spark plug. Sounded like an interesting way to destroy a piece of glass. The problem is that the glass is not like automotive safety glass which would shatter into a million discrete pieces when struck with a piece of ceramic or porcelain material. Instead, the glass cracked into long, sharp pieces that were still glued into the unit. Hardly any glass fell out on its own, even after repeated pelting with chunks of ceramic material. There were millions of little glass shards and flecks everywhere. Not safe or hassle free, in my estimation.

Thanks for the important info, turttle.

Conclusion: turttle's method=safe and sane; gangalicious method=treacherous

So green and gooey, it alomst looks gross. Yet, I want it, I want it bad.:tokin:Nice work wit da LED's.

LOL. "I want it, I want it bad."

I know, it's sick isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by henryg!

It's day 84 and I'm about to pull her out of the cab to give her another good dousing of water and snap a couple new pics. On Thursday I saturated her with 3 gallons of reverse-osmosis water once I decided an overall majority of trichs had turned cloudy. Here are some pics from Thursday, day 81:
Day081_002.JPG

Day081_010.jpg

Day081_017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom