Mmmmick 1st Scrog 3 strains 90w LED closet

I inherited a half trash bag full of white rhino fan leaves. It was full but I didn't like the look of the bottom of the bag, so I turfed that half which included a good layer between the questionable leaf and the top half. Since I didn't think it would be worth trying to make hash I spread them out and over a 4 day period allowed them to air dry. I then crumbled them to powder and put them in a big pot half full of boiling water and 3 and a half pounds of butter.
Because of the mass involved I steeped them at a slow simmer for approximately 90 minutes, stirring often. Most of the butter appeared to be absorbed by the material.
Strained through cheesecloth, saving the liquid, put the solids into another pot and heated gently for 15-20 minutes stirring often. Strained again and the solid material squeezed to remove as much butter as possible into a third pot. The strained liquid from the first 2 pots was cooled in the freezer and the layer of butter on top collected and added to the third pot(butter only).
Reheated the butter in pot 3 then froze it. Repeated twice, each time with less solids in the butter, as solids settle out in the freezing process.

Melted and poured into ice cube trays and made 40 one oz cubes plus 1/3 cup which went into brownies while liquid, in place of the oil called for.(1/4 cup oil)
8 brownies, tried one last night and had a noticeable buzz for about 5 hours, no need to add to it with smoke.
Had 2 today at 5pm and at almost 10 pm I'm still well and truly stoned, very solid head stone and good body stone but not a couchlock experience. Really well worth the effort. I didn't expect to get much out of fan leaves but I'm quite impressed.
1/3 cup is about 80 milliliters . So 20 mils in 2 brownies has produced what I would call a good, long lasting (still going at 5 hours) stone that is very enjoyable and shows no sign of fading yet. Taste was almost completely unnoticeable except in a couple of spots and those spots weren't overpowering just noticeable. Brownies don't require a lot of stirring so I may have mixed a little less than needed.
:cheer:

Now I have no choice but to try 3 brownies because i have an uneven number left.

heheh I can do this 50-60 more times, at 2 brownies a pop wooohoooo.
Dude! I love this post... You're making some FINE grade Cannabutter, I am thinking of using mine for oil in stead of butter this time, but next harvest I do all butter and try your method, I sort of get confused on the part where
you have all the pots, do you use fresh water after the second heating?

Dude! I love this post... You're making some FINE grade Cannabutter, I am thinking of using mine for oil in stead of butter this time, but next harvest I do all butter and try your method, I sort of get confused on the part where
you have all the pots, do you use fresh water after the second heating?

cool it seems to work just fine. I freshened my buzz with a small bowl a few minutes ago but still mainly feel the brownies.

I tried to keep it somewhat orderly but the buzz got in the way a bit. quite a bit.lol
The liquid from the first straining is saved and cooled to recover some butter.The plant matter from that straining goes into a second pot with a little fresh water to loosen it for stirring. Then it's strained and the plant matter is squeezed in cheesecloth to recover the butter into a third pot. I used a separate plastic container to hold all the liquid from the two strainings, which is cooled to recover some butter as well. It does use a few pots.
Still sounds kind of garbled to me. sorry. Maybe when I'm straightened out a little i can sort it out.
You could do this with cooking oil instead of butter, if that suits your cooking plans better. I expect it would separate pretty much the same when freezing.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I baked the plant material at 195F for 20 minutes to decarboxylate the thc beforehand.

Are you making hash oil or cooking oil? What method are you planning?
The fan leaves I used had very few trichs showing, they weren't from the plant tops, but the butter gets that 2% thc out pretty effectively. I powdered them up quite finely beforehand.

Somehow it all makes sense now, I get it..

I'm planning on using the oil and water in a slow cooker for 32-40 hrs as Peace man does his, I have read that some people only boil for 45 min and some do for hours, I still would like to know what is scientifically proved to work best.

I would think the longer you can soak the material at relatively low temps (around 195-200F)the more thc will be extracted. Never though of using a slow cooker. I don't know if too much chlorophyl can be pulled out of the material affecting taste.
Chlorophyl, I believe, is dissolved by water not oil or fat so it might not matter. I'll be looking for a report on your finished oil. Might be a better way to go. My slow cooker would only handle half or less leaf material than I was processing but I wouldn't normally have anywhere near that much leaf of my own anyway. I'll have to have a look at Peace man's method.

Wish I'd seen Peace mans thread before I did my butter, I would have kept the residue for further processing. I suspect there was a lot of thc left in there. Next time I'll save it for gooey ganja spread, heheh.

Have you grown Doggie nutz before? I was just wondering also, why are their seeds one of the most expensive on the market? Their prices are out of this world which sorta makes me want to get some just for the"You get what you pay for" expectation! Who knows though, if you have any info for me let me know....Also, great pictures and journals that I have seen thus far....Keep it up!

Hi Willoby, this was my first attempt to grow Doggies Nuts seeds.

I had the same thoughts, that the price might be justified by the results. However only one of 10 seeds germinated and it turned out to be male. I germed some Afghani seeds from a different breeder at the same time, under exactly the same conditions and the Afghani seeds all popped, so I know I didn't cause the problem.

I would suggest staying clear of Doggies Nuts Seeds as they appear to have no problem selling old seedstock at high prices. It took me almost a year to get satisfaction in the form of replacement seeds and the replacement was not the White Widow I originally purchased but the Doggies Nuts BlueBerry. I haven't germed the Blueberry yet so I don't know how they'll do.

Thanks Willoby, I'm glad you enjoyed the journal and if it helps you in any way then it has served it's purpose.

What a joke huh. I appreciate your input and I will steer clear of the amazingly high priced"DOGGIE NUTZ" with amazingly "POOR" results. Let me know aboutr the Blueberry if you ever do it though......:goodluck:

No problem Willoby. Doggies Nutz seeds might be great if they're fresh enough to germinate but the WW I tried were duds.

I'll probably post a journal when i pop the Blueberry..

Back
Top Bottom