Mmmmick 1st Scrog 3 strains 90w LED closet

Do you have your new journal started, or are you continuing on in this thread?

May we ask who the manufacturer is?

Looking forward to this one ;)

Hi Soniq I'll start a fresh journal for the 300w as soon as the light is received, should be Monday. Supplier doesn't have their website ready yet but will release the company name as soon as the website is up. Probably around month end.
I'm looking forward to it as well, should be a fun grow. I've never done White Widow before but I've seen some mighty pretty widow buds.
I do have a question though. Can my first post be edited later on when company info is available?

Sorry to report a delay in starting the 300w led journal.
I receved the unit today and other than a small ding on the side of the shipping box, everything looked ok. Upon opening the package I heard loose metal inside the unit. Could see a small nut sliding around inside the case. I figured a fan mount had loosened due to vibration. I contacted the supplier and was advised to open the case and secure the loose parts if I was comfortable with that. Opened the case and saw that all but one of 8 muffin fans had broken support arms, some hangin by the wires, and one of the electronic modules was hanging partially out of its enclosure.
Somebody dropped this box from a roof or something. This kind of damage didn't come from a small bump.
In any event I'll let everyone know when the journal is back on.
I already started some of my Widow seeds for the journal and a few Afi for a mother to clone for an outdoor grow that a friend will do this spring. I guess they'll have to go under the UFO for their childhood weeks. I'm dissapointed, was all set to get rolling. Now I've got two grows on hold, depressing, dammit.
I will say this for the character of the supplier. He offered to pay for new seeds if necessary due to the delay. Props for being willing to do the right thing. I don't think that will be necessary, but I like the way he does business.

+reps Oskar

That suck about the light but at least you have a back up and the vendor sounds like a stand up company, so congrats there. It will all come together soon enough... And looking forward to it.... Good luck..

yeah, these things happen, just go with the flow. I have the light on loan for the test grow so I'm not out anything but a little time and afew bucks to the customs guy. It'll be swapped out as designs change, assuming they do. Supplier is new and willing to work to get a design that's effective.

Thanks sonzor, I'm sure we can get things up and running soon.

Ya something similar happened to the light I bought. And China is in the middle of is new year vacation so the manufacturer is closed. Luckily my light is still operational. Good luck getting everything sorted out.

Dang Mmmmick, sorry to hear about the light troubles.. Blahhh

Ya something similar happened to the light I bought. And China is in the middle of is new year vacation so the manufacturer is closed. Luckily my light is still operational. Good luck getting everything sorted out.

Hi Cephas, maybe "Fragile" means "jump on me" in one of the Chinese dialects. It'll be 3 weeks or so for the new light to arrive I guess. It's good that you can use yours, mine has too much damage to try running it. I can get by for a few weeks. Thanks.

Dang Mmmmick, sorry to hear about the light troubles.. Blahhh

Hey Drojo, thanks man. It'll come together in time.

What is that co. gonna give US for the wait, I want some seeds too..lol

Don't stress over lil things man.. You'll have some great things happening soon!

lol I think they saw your harvest and decided you didn't need any seeds, sisco.
It was nice of the supplier to offer but I shouldnt require any replacements. No stress, really, just a little dissapointment that I couldn't get it hung.
The widow seeds are slow popping anyway, so there's no hurry.

Just to be clear on this.

I don't want to set people up for any unreasonable expectations as that's been one of the main problems with leds.
The shippers were the problem not the supplier. Because this is the first trial of this design he wants to get a clean grow therefore the offer to replace any wasted seeds. It's not a retail unit yet and I wouldn't want customers expecting to be reimbursed for seeds etc.

Soaked a few seeds on feb14.

2 of 4 Afghani Hindu Kush from High Quality Seeds were sprouting before they had 24 hour soak. After 2 days in paper towel all 4 are in coco starter pellets.

The Doggies Nutz White Widow are reluctant. After 3 days in paper towel only 1 of 4 has popped and is now in a starter pellet. Maybe old seek stock? I suppose some strains just don't jump right out of their shell. Keeping them warm (78f) and covered. Maybe a little slow but there were 2 extra seeds in the 10 pack so I'll reserve my opinion of Doggies Nutz and their slightly costly seeds until they've had a decent chance.

Still hanging in there with ya Mick. Way to take setbacks in stride my friend. No worries on this side of the journal, just hanging out waiting to see what comes next. Keep the updates coming, I'll keep reading. Hang in there.

L8ER

Hi Grooster thanks for hangin'.

A little slow trying to get thing to come together. All we can do is work around whatever life tosses at us but it'll work out.
I just hope the widow seeds get serious about gettin their grow on, damn slow germing. Got 2 to pop and only 1 has sprouted.
A couple more days and the other 2 widow seeds are going to be replaced by a few fresh candidates.
The 4 Afi seeds are all above ground, very robust seedstock in that strain.

IMG_04832.JPG

IMG_04844.JPG

Nice start, I had some Durban Poison seeds that took 2 weeks to sprout and actually I through one that was in a cup into my garden thinking it was a dud and it sprouted over three weeks later. So don't be in any hurry to throw them out. Just a thought. Looking forward to the grow...

Thanks sonzor, I'll give them lots of time in that case. I thought they would just rot if left too long. I think I'll give until Sunday night then plant them along with the other 2 and see how they do.
maybe they are still viable and just require some patience.
I appreciate you sharing your experience, might save seeds that I was ready to give up on.

Thanks sisco, so I guess you are also telling me to be patient, heheh. I need to remind myself that these plants will do as they please and we are just here to help them along.

The second Widow seed is just about to break ground, can see it peeking out. I've planted the final 2. They've been wet for a week and I don't want to see them get fuzzy. I'll give them a couple of weeks to show.

I inherited a half trash bag full of white rhino fan leaves. It was full but I didn't like the look of the bottom of the bag, so I turfed that half which included a good layer between the questionable leaf and the top half. Since I didn't think it would be worth trying to make hash I spread them out and over a 4 day period allowed them to air dry. I then crumbled them to powder and put them in a big pot half full of boiling water and 3 and a half pounds of butter.
Because of the mass involved I steeped them at a slow simmer for approximately 90 minutes, stirring often. Most of the butter appeared to be absorbed by the material.
Strained through cheesecloth, saving the liquid, put the solids into another pot and heated gently for 15-20 minutes stirring often. Strained again and the solid material squeezed to remove as much butter as possible into a third pot. The strained liquid from the first 2 pots was cooled in the freezer and the layer of butter on top collected and added to the third pot(butter only).
Reheated the butter in pot 3 then froze it. Repeated twice, each time with less solids in the butter, as solids settle out in the freezing process.

Melted and poured into ice cube trays and made 40 one oz cubes plus 1/3 cup which went into brownies while liquid, in place of the oil called for.(1/4 cup oil)
8 brownies, tried one last night and had a noticeable buzz for about 5 hours, no need to add to it with smoke.
Had 2 today at 5pm and at almost 10 pm I'm still well and truly stoned, very solid head stone and good body stone but not a couchlock experience. Really well worth the effort. I didn't expect to get much out of fan leaves but I'm quite impressed.
1/3 cup is about 80 milliliters . So 20 mils in 2 brownies has produced what I would call a good, long lasting (still going at 5 hours) stone that is very enjoyable and shows no sign of fading yet. Taste was almost completely unnoticeable except in a couple of spots and those spots weren't overpowering just noticeable. Brownies don't require a lot of stirring so I may have mixed a little less than needed.
:cheer:

Now I have no choice but to try 3 brownies because i have an uneven number left.

heheh I can do this 50-60 more times, at 2 brownies a pop wooohoooo.

edit: forgot to mention that I first baked the powdered plant material for 20 minutes at 195F to decarboxylate the thc. At that temp it should happen quickly but no thc will vaporize.

Back
Top Bottom