Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4 x Super Skunk x Grape Crush

Re: Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4xSuper Skunk x Grape Crush

I might be barking out the side of my neck, but from all I understand Powdery Mildew can't grow when ph is over 7. Baking soda makes a spray mixed up rite. Cool, Damp, Humid,even Dim room is a spawning grounds for PM. I keep my humidity down to 40% and still seen acouple spots I fixed with some serenade, or that sns product they say works well. Avoid excessive nitrogen. Cleanliness and airflow are the best way to avoid the whole problem. Can never go wrong with airflow. You might want a better air filter for your intake. It 'the mildew' might come from under the house or where ever you are getting your intake. I plan on using a he-pa filter on my intake when I do my upgrade. Now I'm slowly putting up the equipment I need to finish the spare room. I always thought scrog wood be nice cept for the fact it gets alittle crowded in it. Plants look sweet tho. Hoping the best for ya. I hope the PM don't get into the sugar leaves. Hard to fix that problem. But for real try a spot with a baking soda mix. Even as far as you are. Soda turns to a dust and it's not going to hurt ya. Least 1000 crack heads can't be wrong????? Or can they JK GL MMMMMMMick. Keep em Green

Good luck with your PM battles guys.

This ak48 is even better tonight than it was today, and it's the same bud haha. I'm so excited :slide::blunt::tokin::cheer:

Mmmmick that's a great idea thanks!

Ideally I'd like to have a bunch of different highs, or at least a nice up and a nice slam me into the recliner. That bubba kush I tried 2 days ago was a great up. So maybe I should start harvesting. If this ak48 gets any more potent, and I'm sure it already has, it will be too strong for anything but staying home haha. And I haven't even tried Lucy yet, she's the strongest on paper but also the longest at 11 weeks. Tomorrow is day 70.

I'm going to look at all the trichs in the morning and decide.

When I say harvesting I mean like you suggested, start taking some of each plant except maybe the bagseed, she's still not ready. Have you ever done it that way?

I was wondering the same thing about that nug in the vid haha. I was wondering if for some reason it didn't turn amber but that can't be.

Take care bro.

Hey Blue, I think you're well on the way to having a stash that'll serve up whatever kind of stone you're seeking.:goodjob:

I like to be able to select the buzz to suit what I'm doing. Of course the scents and flavors are all part of the equation, which is why I've got as many different seeds in the lineup for future grows. My last crop was the first to keep me in stash while waiting for a crop to finish and I hope to keep them filled from here on out.

Don't you just love that feeling when the first hit of your new crop goes right to your head? And knowing it will get even better as it cures? heheh Nothing better than producing smoke that makes you forget all the nasty bags
that have found their way home with you.:cheer:

Yeah I've separated the more mature buds from the lower stuff and I think you'll find that you can tell the difference with some strains. Others may seem pretty much the same regardless of maturity, but they would be strains that just don't have any body effects to speak of anyway.

Great work my friend. It's in your blood now, heheh.:high-five:

Hey Blue, I think you're well on the way to having a stash that'll serve up whatever kind of stone you're seeking.:goodjob:

I like to be able to select the buzz to suit what I'm doing. Of course the scents and flavors are all part of the equation, which is why I've got as many different seeds in the lineup for future grows. My last crop was the first to keep me in stash while waiting for a crop to finish and I hope to keep them filled from here on out.

Don't you just love that feeling when the first hit of your new crop goes right to your head? And knowing it will get even better as it cures? heheh Nothing better than producing smoke that makes you forget all the nasty bags
that have found their way home with you.:cheer:

Yeah I've separated the more mature buds from the lower stuff and I think you'll find that you can tell the difference with some strains. Others may seem pretty much the same regardless of maturity, but they would be strains that just don't have any body effects to speak of anyway.

Great work my friend. It's in your blood now, heheh.:high-five:

Good to see you back Mmmmick I always get a little nervous when someone drops out for a while.

Sounds like Norcaliwood is prescribing a high ph spray for the PM which is very consistent with what I'm hearing. My tap water is over 9 so that's the first thing I'll try if I see it again.

The feeling I've got about growing this plant is almost indescribable. Mostly relief at first, yes I really can grow great pot! Now it's just an awesome excitement.

Last week I couldn't smoke enough of that swag to get a good buzz on. Now I have to be extremely careful not to go

YouTube - ‪One Toke Over the Line‬‏

Hi Mmmmick!:high-five:

The smoking light is on, so fire one up! :tokin:

Actually, this one is for Blue! He grew some potent stuff this time! Congrats Blue!! :cheer: Think we have all been there and done that! :)

Glad you have the PM at least manageable! ;)

Hi OMM:welcome:
That smokin' light is always on, so feel free.:grinjoint:

I agree, Blue is definitely gettin it done.:cheer: The first truly satisfactory crop seems to have an extra special buzz ahout it.

Yeah the PM is under control, thanks. I thought the Serenade I've been waiting for was at the shop, or so I was told, but found out last night that it never got across the border. Getting conflicting info, so I'm not gonna pursue it. There are other ways to deal with PM, just thought the Serenade would be useful late in flower.

Hi Mmmmick,

I wanted to throw out a little tidbit of knowledge I got through luck! I am a lucky bastard so far, in regards to pests and diseases. I had thought my luck would run out eventually, but it hasn't in 2+ years (knock on wood)! My only battles have been with pushing organics (nutes), and soiless ph issues (late flower). I have been using AN's Wipe Out for first clean, and then post wash down after harvest. The product is no longer made, and there is nothing out there that I have found that is like this product. It is still available if you search around. The UK shops have it, and luckily my local shop. I am currently out, as I would list the ingredients. I have a bottle on order, coming this week.

*I don't like to promote products, unless it is one of a kind. Below is a quick except of its function. All I can attest to, is that I have not had any of the problems that this product is listed to combat, since using it religiously!

“That’s why you need to Wipe Out diseases, viruses, molds and fungi that want to chomp your plants and rob you of your harvest. This all organic formula sterilizes grow spaces and equipment so hydroponics plants are protected from microbial attackers that can turn a grow room into a death trap. Wipe Out kills soft skinned insects on contact. Excellent for use on thrip’s, white fly, aphids and larvae.
You don’t want to spray chlorine bleach, poisons and other gunk onto your hydroponics grow room walls and equipment.
All the other grow room cleansing products are weak and don’t work well, and some of them contain poisons that can hurt you and your plants. Wipe Out contains only organic ingredients that completely destroy all microscopic attackers without spreading toxins and poisons that can harm you and your plants. Simply spray it on, let it dry and your growing room is ready for planting”.

I thought this might be an option for you to try for your next run, to try and eliminate the PM issues.

Take it easy Mmmmick, and I hope your harvest is a good one!

:goodluck:

Hey Mmmmick,

Haven't seen you around here for a bit. Getting tired of the log in stuff? Can't always get in to 420 in the morning.

You can scratch my suggestion! It is now unavailable anywhere (wipeout).

I was checking out AN's Protector at my local hydro shop. It is discontinued, but still available. It is a foliar, specifically for PM.

Take care!
:Namaste:

Hi Jeff, thanks for the suggestion. I found Wipe Out listed on a number of sites but none have it in stock.

I'm planning a break for a while after these two scogs are chopped so I'll rearrange the grow room and be able to scrub everything while there are no plants in the way.
I don't think PM can be completely eradicated as it can be reintroduced so easily and I'm not prepared to develope a "clean room" approach to growing. I've improved intake filtration, room airflow, RH levels, etc and added UV-c air treatment to the room and the plants are inspected closely every 2 or 3 days so I don't expect to have any major episodes. It's all a matter of developing better habits and conditions in the grow. I still need to work on airflow in the cabinet when it's closed for the dark period. That will come with new fans when I get a crop going again.

I'll have a look around for Protector. Thanks again.

Yeah the login, slow/no response thing was getting to be a little much. Seems improved.

Mon, I took my AK-48 on 49th day and it was a killer after two weeks (20% of amber trichs) and after three months it can knock you out even easier. I'd advise taking it earlier... :smokin:

Hi conradino, thanks for your input. Blue seems willing to try a few different aproaches.

I might be barking out the side of my neck, but from all I understand Powdery Mildew can't grow when ph is over 7. Baking soda makes a spray mixed up rite. Cool, Damp, Humid,even Dim room is a spawning grounds for PM. I keep my humidity down to 40% and still seen acouple spots I fixed with some serenade, or that sns product they say works well. Avoid excessive nitrogen. Cleanliness and airflow are the best way to avoid the whole problem. Can never go wrong with airflow. You might want a better air filter for your intake. It 'the mildew' might come from under the house or where ever you are getting your intake. I plan on using a he-pa filter on my intake when I do my upgrade. Now I'm slowly putting up the equipment I need to finish the spare room. I always thought scrog wood be nice cept for the fact it gets alittle crowded in it. Plants look sweet tho. Hoping the best for ya. I hope the PM don't get into the sugar leaves. Hard to fix that problem. But for real try a spot with a baking soda mix. Even as far as you are. Soda turns to a dust and it's not going to hurt ya. Least 1000 crack heads can't be wrong????? Or can they JK GL MMMMMMMick. Keep em Green

Norcali, I've heard the same re high PH taking out PM. My RO system has an alkaline filter that replenishes a handful of essential minerals after the filtration process. PH is around 8 when I have that cartridge hooked up. It was too heavily mineralized for the plants so I disconnected the final alkaline stage but I'll try using the higher PH water for a foliar treatment and post the results. I may have the fix in place already but haven't been using it.

My new temp/humidity guages show RH at 30% and the only spots of PM I've found have been in the rare dead space, as you had mentioned, so I don't think I'll have any major loss due to PM but I will continue to check often. I'll work on better airflow in the cabinet when I rearrange things.

I use baking soda, peroxide and skim milk on a rotation when I see pm spots and all seem to control the mildew quit well. Skim milk requires a follow up spray or the small amount of residue will give the buds a bit of stink, but the baking soda and peroxide don't really seem to require a follow up rinse. I suppose baking soda might build up after repeated applications but my rotation doesn't allow it to build to a problem. I've disposed of a few popcorn buds with spotting on them but haven't found any spots on buds that are open to good airflow yet.:wood:

I have a piece of allergen filter from a hot air furnace on my intake. Presents little resistance and filters dust, pollen, mold spores etc.

Thanks Norcali, they're coming along well, I think. I've cleared out some more of the under canopy growth to improve airflow through the canopy and also to allow more light into the lower part of the canopy. I'll eventually develope all the right habits to minmize the PM issue, it's much less a problem than in previous grows.

heheh 1000's of crack heads, lol. Probably not a trustworthy research resource.:)

Good to see you back Mmmmick I always get a little nervous when someone drops out for a while.

Sounds like Norcaliwood is prescribing a high ph spray for the PM which is very consistent with what I'm hearing. My tap water is over 9 so that's the first thing I'll try if I see it again.

The feeling I've got about growing this plant is almost indescribable. Mostly relief at first, yes I really can grow great pot! Now it's just an awesome excitement.

Last week I couldn't smoke enough of that swag to get a good buzz on. Now I have to be extremely careful not to go

YouTube - ‪One Toke Over the Line‬‏

Hi Blue, thanks. I'm not going anywhere, just a little down time now and then. :tokin:

Yeah I've read that high PH water is effective. Can't find the article but there is a high PH bottled water available that was tested in one of the monthly grow mags a while back. It worked well from what I remember. Wish I could remember the product name. I might have the answer in my current RO water system, if the Alkaline filter is reconnected. I'll try it and see how it works out. Your tap water might be just what you need for PM issues.

I still get a little rush when I see pistils clumping for the first time in my grows. Hope that never fades.

It's good to know your limits:). Drool is so unattractive, lol.:)

Hey Mmmmick wassup? Hope things are well up there along the watchtower.
hi Blue, going great. Been off on a mini vacation.

Thinking of you Mmmmick.
Take as much time as you need. Your probably shoving more snow! :)

Thanks OMM. Wasn't much new snow at my place, but my friend lives inland a few hundred miles and it gets deep back there. It was a good reminder of just how easy we have it, here on the coast.

Day 74 of 12/12 Sunday. The seedhouse describes Rocklock as having a short flowering time. I wouldn't consider 10 + weeks to be short, but I'll let them go until I think they're ready. Maybe take a sample bud at lights-on today.

Trichomes are mostly cloudy, but I'm looking for amber and not seeing any yet. Leaves in the center of the screen are fading fast. I gave them a couple of foliar feedings before flushing but it didn't do much for the fading so I gave it up. The plants were too close to finishing to keep feeding them. I'd rather let them starve a little early, but end with cleaner smoke. Flushing for 8 days so far.
Future runs with this light will require an adjustment in feeding practises. I've been feeding on the low side but the plant is much more active in the center of the screen than at the edges, due to the more concentrated light in the center.(my assumption) This requires heavier feeding to keep the center of the screen healthy, possibly at the expense of the foliage at the edges of the screen.
I haven't had any further PM issues. Relative humidity has been around 30%. My new humidity qauges appear to be more accurate then the old style analog guage, which shows 45% when the new gauges show 30%. Trimmed out a bit of foliage to aid in better airflow. I'll have to upgrade my in-cabinet fans for future use. I think thats been the primary reason I've found a few patches of PM hidden away this round.

IMG_38782.JPG

IMG_38773.JPG

IMG_38941.JPG

Had to skip the overhead shot this time around. I messed my shoulder up and can't move the light out of the way for the pic. Maybe next update.

Day 4??? of 12/12! dang, get me some of those seeds!!!!! lol

I think you missed a number there, but they doo look much different then the other grow, and looks like a week or so more from here too. I forget the strain.. sorry I've got that mush brain...

EDIT.. OH RL!

lol yeah it's a 7 day finish. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Sorry about the typo.:grinjoint:

The mush brain came out of your kief pile didn't it? heheh. Nice chop btw.:thumb:

Thanks staffy.

I just realized I hadn't subbed your new grow. Sorry, been preoccupied with some RL issues.

Back
Top Bottom