C99 345W LED Grow Test

You set me up on that one Steve. Jdub thanks, I am pleased with my unit so far and have no buyer remorse. But I will admit customer service from the retailer is non-existant.

You set me up on that one Steve. Jdub thanks, I am pleased with my unit so far and have no buyer remorse. But I will admit customer service from the retailer is non-existant.
Ricky, I'm not bashing the quality of the light, it's the quality of the person who sold them to you. Didn't intend to throw you under the bus, but you shouldn't have to worry that the person who sold you a light may call LEO on you for an illegal grow if things don't go their way (true story, well documented).

The grow is looking great by the way. I think a lot of that is due to growers talent, lights are just one of many tools in your kit-bag. How you use them to maximize yield is purely a grower's input.
:thumb:

Garden Update: 29 days flowering | 30 in. tall

Two days ago I gave a dose (1/2 tsp/gal) of Beastie Blooms from FF along with the full doses of Tiger Bloom and Big bloom. I think its really pushing them to the edge as the tips about 1 mm or so are nute burned. Ive never pushed this much with nutes before but I think its working well. Next watering I will start using Cha-Ching in place of the Beastie Blooms. Not sure about the dose yet - we will see.

Enough about all that, the light stays so cool Ive been able to keep the temp very steady and only varies between 74 F and 80 F with low of 41% RH and high of 59% RH. Also I can keep the light only 8 in. from the canopy, very helpful because #8 is taller than the rest at 3 feet.

#4,6,8,12 are the most sativa looking and look to be the same pheno as well as the big producers (weird I know) with #6 being the densest. Im still not sure I have all 3 phenos, but of the 3 I kept behind in veg one is quite unique from the rest in its leaf appearence - Ill get to that next post.

Pix -

6620.JPG

6710.JPG

6811.JPG

6910.JPG

7010.JPG

71100.JPG

72100.JPG

7356.JPG

7412.JPG

7511.JPG

7610.JPG

7713.JPG

7810.JPG

7911.JPG

8010.JPG

81101.JPG

8273.JPG

8316.JPG

*If you guys want less pix let me know :peacetwo:

I like the pics. I am impressed at the results you are getting with the LED lights!! You are changing my attitude towards these lights! I have LED's that must have the wrong light spectrum. I think the amount of pics you post is great. Keep up the good work!! :thumb:

So what happened to the others in veg Ricky...you ask?

#1,3,7 I left in veg cycle - they were the weakest looking of the bunch.

I read a bunch of stuff that said C99 does better grown tree style but I like to find out things for myself so I super-cropped and then did LST to the 3 left in veg. The pix are of #3 only, which is also the plant that looks different from the 11 others. Its a pitty lol that I did all that training because I cant see how it will do as a tree until later grows - but I will def clone her.

Btw, I like to keep the garden updates clean and to topic, so thanks jozo and steve for the compliments, both of you should be scrutinized and studied by anyone who is not an expert :p

And I know your trying to help Jdub, I didnt take it personal lol

8415.JPG

8511.JPG

8616.JPG

I like the pics. I am impressed at the results you are getting with the LED lights!! You are changing my attitude towards these lights! I have LED's that must have the wrong light spectrum. I think the amount of pics you post is great. Keep up the good work!! :thumb:

Thanks CW and glad to see you keeping an open mind seeing as you produce such huge colas in your current setup which Im berry berry jealous of :)

Steve - I was thinking it looked very similar to a boxwood, because it is such a perfect square shape. The others look the same and Im interested to see how they flower.

illynboy - mia?

Ok so why the @$&# am i not getting some emails? I had no idea you had updated and had been wondering. Those things got TALL!! And they look to be constructing some nice buds. I cant wait to see the results of this one. Youre gonna have some nice colas. 345w seems to be kickin arse in there! Keep it up bro. I better start getting my emails.....

Ok so why the @$&# am i not getting some emails?

lol

I had no idea you had updated and had been wondering. Those things got TALL!! And they look to be constructing some nice buds. I cant wait to see the results of this one. Youre gonna have some nice colas. 345w seems to be kickin arse in there! Keep it up bro. I better start getting my emails....

thx bro!

Checking in Ricky.
I've been working 6 days 12 hrs daily. Good for the wallet, bad for having a life :-(
Anyway, plants are looking awesome.!
I can't believe how much different #8 is than the rest.
How are my favorites doing? You already described #8, but wha about #'s 4 and 12?
Glad to have time to look in :)

Garden update: 36 days flowering -

Well, things are looking hairy when it comes to nutes. The nute burn is almost at my "take it down a notch" threshold but Im still pressing forward as of now. Just to reiterate: Every other watering Im using 2 tsp/gal of Tiger Bloom and 1 tbl/gal of Big Bloom along with 1/2 tsp/gal of Cha Ching.

I would like to say Im sold on the potential of LEDs but a proper opinion should only be formed in the end I guess. Lets just say I have cautious optimism right now.

If anyone could weigh in... Im thinking about cutting flowering down to 51 days give or take a day or so although recommended is 8-9 weeks. Ive read that an early harvest compliments C99's head high. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Pix -

8711.JPG

8814.JPG

8912.JPG

905.JPG

91100.JPG

9214.JPG

9313.JPG

9413.JPG

9515.JPG

9612.JPG

9713.JPG

9814.JPG

9918.JPG

10020.JPG

10180.JPG

10222.JPG

10324.JPG

10420.JPG

10521.JPG

Checking in Ricky.
I've been working 6 days 12 hrs daily. Good for the wallet, bad for having a life :-(
Anyway, plants are looking awesome.!
I can't believe how much different #8 is than the rest.
How are my favorites doing? You already described #8, but wha about #'s 4 and 12?
Glad to have time to look in :)

Gotta pay them bills bro!

#4 is my prize possession - 2nd to last photo before the two close ups on the most recent garden update. #12 and 6 are not far behind, #8 seems like its taking its time flowering as it doesnt have any red pistils yet but with its potential it could still turn out as the best plant.

These look great. :thumb:

Thx and welcome!

Nice looking grow! :cheer:
Thx Maer, I will be checking out your grow soon - so much to read, so little time ;)

Steve your compliments are well recieved :adore:

For the record, I found this thread valuable because we're in the same boat. I too purchased a brand x light and made my way here after only to find out there is mad drama attached to that name. I am very please to see those ladies flowering because our setups are very very similar. Mine is just smaller and a few weeks behind. So, thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

For the record, I found this thread valuable because we're in the same boat. I too purchased a brand x light and made my way here after only to find out there is mad drama attached to that name. I am very please to see those ladies flowering because our setups are very very similar. Mine is just smaller and a few weeks behind. So, thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

Thx bro and glad to help. Do you have a journal?

Back
Top Bottom