Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 LED Test Grow

That could give you some insight. Except for that initial stretch at beginning node spacing looks pretty tight. As said before when transplant just bury those long stems.

I got question for you, you used airpots, I just started using some for my clones and water drains out the side holes real fast when watering, do you just have to water real slow? I am using the real small 1 liter ones, maybe not such a problem with bigger ones?

I had the same problem as did Flower child so yes you have to go slow. When I took them apart the root balls were not as big as I thought they might be I really thought there would be more roots. This go round I have treated the roots with some mycorrhiza root inoculant. we'll see how it goes thanks for the reply grow green:peace::high-five::thanks::thumb::circle-of-love:

I had the same problem as did Flower child so yes you have to go slow. When I took them apart the root balls were not as big as I thought they might be I really thought there would be more roots. This go round I have treated the roots with some mycorrhiza root inoculant. we'll see how it goes thanks for the reply grow green:peace::high-five::thanks::thumb::circle-of-love:

No problem bro, we are all here to help each other:)

So far my baby clones seem to be liking the airpots.

Ok here is promised 5 day update....

These ladies are showing NO effects of the Sledgehammer flush compared to my outdoor plants, my thought is cause smaller pots so actually washed the sludge out. But that more of guess then anything else.

They are looking very good IMO, the Hawaiian Snow is a beast, the Brainstorm is getting frosty, and the Blueberry is looking better, but still not up to par IMO.

They have Spider Mites, little bastards get everywhere, so I sprayed down with SM-90 before putting back in tent, will give that a day or two to wear off, then going to put some ladybugs in there. Light infestation so far. The SM-90 spray made the Hawaiian Snow sag probably making its width measurement inflated.

The Hawaiian Snow is such a stretchy beast had to raise light again, running out of room. And because of height difference put the other two plants on a box.

Anyhow enough talk, here are the pics...

Before light raise:
Before_light_Raise.jpg

After light raise:
After_Light_Raise.jpg

Blueberry:
BlueBerry53.jpg
BlueBerry_Close1.jpg

BrainStorm:
BrainStorm8.jpg
Brainstorm_Close2.jpg

Hawaiian Snow:
Hawaiian_Snow4.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_Close1.jpg

Data:
height18.jpg
width9.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Have a great evening everyone!:thumb::high-five::party::peacetwo::bigtoke:

Thank you Stealth :)

Thank You RoseBud and welcome, I think this is too much plant for a 100W light, particularly with the Hawaiian Snow getting so big, but we shall see.
My guess is the Lumen range would be around 7,000 - 10,000 , more than enough lumen for one plant but more is better for total coverage lol... Good luck and I will be spying on yer journal +reps!

OO and I forgot to say.....

Interesting situation showing lack of heat output of LEDs. I have a 4 bulb, but one broken so 3, 4-foot T5, with each bulb being about 62 Watts I think, over my clones in closet beside tent. It was getting mighty hot in there even with closet door 1/2 open, so I re-routed exhaust fan to suck air from it while blowing into my tent with 100 W LED. Well even though it pushing the air from the closet into the tent, it is STILL 4-6 degrees cooler in tent when both lights are on. My thought is such LED lights are so focused in certain particular wavelengths you getting close to zero infrared wavelengths heating things up.

any advice for fungus gnats?.....only a few right now....got the sticky strips up for three days and caught 6 so far...not bad but dont want it to get out of control:):rocker:

any advice for fungus gnats?.....only a few right now....got the sticky strips up for three days and caught 6 so far...not bad but dont want it to get out of control:):rocker:

I have never had to deal with them. From some other journals some have flushed their soil with a hydrogen peroxide solution or use diematacious earth.

Back
Top Bottom