Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 LED Test Grow

Very good point. They might make that recommendation on height as it might be the optimum point for where the specific lens for that light focuses.

In Jon 705s Journal he says that he gets bigger buds at 28" with 3w and above lights which is interesting because all the manufactures say 18"-24" as a grower it would be great to know the optimum distance. There are some growers that will set the lights at a specified distance from the seedling and let the plant grow to the light maintaining a final space of 24"-28" when the plant has stretched as much as it is gonna.
Right now I have my seedlings in with my liberty haze that's close to 30" tall and they are growing fine the stretch came from having them in the window since putting them in the grow room they haven't stretched.
I am really leaning towards keeping the lights 28" away from the plants to see what effect it has on the buds compared to my last grow. :peace::circle-of-love::thumb::high-five:

In Jon 705s Journal he says that he gets bigger buds at 28" with 3w and above lights which is interesting because all the manufactures say 18"-24" as a grower it would be great to know the optimum distance. There are some growers that will set the lights at a specified distance from the seedling and let the plant grow to the light maintaining a final space of 24"-28" when the plant has stretched as much as it is gonna.
Right now I have my seedlings in with my liberty haze that's close to 30" tall and they are growing fine the stretch came from having them in the window since putting them in the grow room they haven't stretched.
I am really leaning towards keeping the lights 28" away from the plants to see what effect it has on the buds compared to my last grow. :peace::circle-of-love::thumb::high-five:

Yea the key to figuring it out is to make ALL variables but one your testing, in this case light height above canopy. Same light, same plant, same medium, same nutrients, everything. Only way I can think of off top of my head is to have a plant trained to have branches to the sides, put up a hanging wall with half of plant on one side and other half on other. Then hang identical light on either side, just one closer and on farther away, then see what happens.

Well been 5 days so picture update time. They are doing great, particular the Hawaiian Snow, it is for sure showing its Sativa roots. The BlueBerry is a bit weak, I think bad pheno, I have read that the strain is not too consistent.

BLueBerry:
BluBerry3.jpg
BlueBerryClose.jpg

BrainStorm:
Brainstorm5.jpg
BrainStormClose.jpg

Hawaiian Snow:
HawaiianSnow5.jpg

HawaiianSnowclose.jpg

And the data:
height14.jpg

width6.jpg

It has been 15 days, 5 days since last update, but two of them have grown over 100% in height since the flip. It is amazing what this plant we love so much can do when given right conditions.

I just try and give the plants what they need, good temps, water, food and lights :) :thanks::high-five:

Sorry I got behind still 15 days is awesome

I agree, this light will probably eventually be my mother plant light, for veg it can cover a pretty big area for only 100W.

I do not see myself ever using an HID light again, I could still see need for T5s or CFL for clones/supplemental side light, but not HIDs.

Sprayed the ladies down with FF Flowers Kiss tonight. They are looking good.

Small issue, some of the branches of the Hawaiian Snow fell over just from the mist, no way they are going to hold buds up. My g/f is looking for a small tomato cage online or something I can use to hold her branches up. Was kind of expecting it, in video on Greenhouse Seeds they have a tomato like cage around their sample plant. But should be OK with a SCROG setup in future.

The Hawaiian Snow clones I took 9 days ago are starting to make roots. Could probably root faster if I kept cloner water cooler, o well. I am probably go to use them in my next scrog grow I am planning. Going to do four plants so need to pick two more; currently thinking about a choco chunk and brainstorm clone that are rooted.

Fed the ladies with a gallon of water shared between them with the following in it:
3 tsp Big Bloom
2 tsp Grow Big
2 tsp Tiger Bloom
1 tsp Boomerang
.5 tsp Microbe brew
.25 tsp Beastie Bloomz
And two drops of SuperThrive

Their flush is scheduled for Saturday evening.

Back
Top Bottom